Are You Still In?

Guest cindona

3 hours ago, TheDuke said:

Two much room for shiesters.

Another note, in all my years of collecting, I have only bought one fake.  That one, I knew was a fake and wanted it because of it's uniqueness.  I have marked it as such, only payed a couple $$ for it.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I prefer emerging markets in tech and nothing is as high tech as the Marijuana growing business today. Tesla stayed at ~ $20-24 for almost the first three years after IPO. I expect the same from ACB and NBEV.

Safe trading!

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

• 2 weeks later...

The Global Reach Of Aurora Cannabis Is A Huge Moat For The Company

From today - Excerpt:

"An example from the American market.

By expanding its presence to 24 countries, it not only has an outlet for its growing supply when the Canadian market is adequately supplied, but overall, the medical cannabis sales from other markets generate wider margins, boosting the earnings outlook for the company.

A lesson from the American pot market

Probably the biggest competitive advantage Aurora has over its competitors, after its production capacity, is its global reach and the accompanying benefits.

Several states in the U.S. are bellwethers as to what is likely to come in the Canadian market, including Colorado, Oregon and Washington.

I'm referring to what happens when recreational pot demand is met by dried cannabis flower. Inevitably it has become impossible to differentiate at the dried flower level, which ultimately has put downward pressure on prices and margins. In other words, recreational pot supply becomes a commodity that is extremely hard to differentiate between competitors.

When will this happen in Canada? My thought is supply will probably exceed demand by no later than 2022. It could happen even a year earlier, depending on how many new users enter the market and how rapidly Canadian companies increase production capacity.

Either way, Canadian cannabis producers without a significant presence outside of Canada are going to struggle to grow once supply needs are met and surpassed by the industry as a whole.

However that plays out, Aurora Cannabis is in a strong position to leverage and supply the global medical cannabis market.

I don't see any issue in regard to the company reaching the place where it has too much production capacity in relationship to demand. The growth of the medical and recreational cannabis markets at the global level are going to continue to grow for years. No company is better positioned to supply that growth than Aurora Cannabis."

Source: https://seekingalpha.com/article/4247631-global-reach-aurora-cannabis-huge-moat-company?isDirectRoadblock=false

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

• 2 months later...

Tariffs, and fear of their backfiring on us are making it a bumpy ride.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

And here I thought and many other traders thought that Beyond Meat,BYND was a crazy evaluation when it IPOed  on 4/29 @ $46 and 5 weeks later it is sitting at $138.65. Must be vegetarians out there then I thought.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

On 6/7/2019 at 1:30 PM, rynosback said:

And here I thought and many other traders thought that Beyond Meat,BYND was a crazy evaluation when it IPOed  on 4/29 @ $46 and 5 weeks later it is sitting at $138.65. Must be vegetarians out there then I thought.

One business day latter it is $168.10. 6 weeks to 4x your money.  CRAZY!! I think this stock is going to gown as fast as it went up.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Rich,

That's how I did well with Tesla! Your investments look excellent too. I'm still in for 6000 shares of ACB, and New Age Beverages (NBEV) in Denver. The rest are funds we bought earlier and a bunch in the 2008-2010 fire sales.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

• 1 month later...

1000 shares in the end. I sold enough to get my whole original investment back @ ~ $125/share, bought some Solar City ($10k) then when Tesla took a big dip to $120 sold my Solar city and bought Tesla with it and caught it @ ~ $130 for around another 75. Inherited some Tesla shares and it brought our total to 999 shares. when it dipped from $370 or so to $300 I bought one share @ $300.  I cashed out all 1000 shares to buy my house in Colorado in 2018. I saw another short seller siege coming and knew it would be a year or more of seesawing so at 67 I wasn't getting any younger, and our first grandson just turned three, and our newest granddaughter turned one in Denver, we wanted to be closer to them for when our time came and they have to do our succession as we just did here liquidating properties and we sold our shares when it dropped to $348.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

It was the only stock I ever bought. The ride is chronicled in this thread from 2011 to date. I am now in cannabis stocks and not even close to where I expect them to begin real gains. But I'm going to stick to funds for the most part. 6000 shares of Aurora Cannabis (ACB), and 1000 shares of New Age Beverages(NBEV).

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Yes, several of the cannabis stocks have fallen to the point that I'm about ready to buy a bunch more.  Anybody who doesn't think this country is going to weed hasn't been watching the debates lately.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

On 8/25/2019 at 10:41 AM, chirakawa said:

Yes, several of the cannabis stocks have fallen to the point that I'm about ready to buy a bunch more.  Anybody who doesn't think this country is going to weed hasn't been watching the debates lately.

How do you know when to get back in, I lost 20% the first time and need to make 20 just to be even so I don't want to go down again. Yes the country may very well legalize, then why did most of them tank?

Edited by TLRam1

Terry

5 hours ago, TLRam1 said:

How do you know when to get back in, I lost 20% the first time and need to make 20 just to be even so I don't want to go down again. Yes the country make very well legalize, then why did most of them tank?

Nobody has a magic formula.  I'm certainly no economist or investment counselor. 

I don't try to time the market.  If you thought that XYZ was a good buy at $7, then it should be a really good buy at $5.  If you bought it on a whim, then maybe it wasn't such a good value.  To me, being in the market is a matter of patience, not short term gains.  Others have a different approach.

Last fall, my small portfolio lost about $20,000.  I didn't sell off then and take my loss, I left it all in place and it gained it all back.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

I'm holding mine long as I bought most of my shares close or below current tanked prices. I agree that buying low makes sense. If we have another recession I have enough cash for a good buying spree as I did during the last recession.

For that scenario stay away from conventional manufacturers. See my next post for why.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

5 hours ago, Rich&Sylvia said:

ELS, SUI - I visited one of their holdings in Arizona - I was not impressed.  But people have to live somewhere.

These have gone up significantly, do you see these continue to increase?

What has caused them to increase in the first place?

Terry

1 hour ago, TLRam1 said:

These have gone up significantly, do you see these continue to increase?

What has caused them to increase in the first place?

These kinds of companies are relatively new, profiting by taking advantage of mobile home park tenants who are captive clients in the parks they buy. The tenants have a substantial asset that's locked in place because mobile homes aren't very mobile once they're put in place and relocating them is very expensive, assuming you can find another place to move them to.

These companies buy existing Mom and Pop mobile home parks or occasionally build new ones.  The ones they buy are usually owned and managed by the same families who built them back in the day when doing so was easy and cheap.  Then they managed them over the years in a manner that provided a stable long term environment for the park and the tenants.

The profits are generated by dramatically increasing the rents on existing tenants.  Or in the case of a new park, initially offering low initial rents until the park fills up, then dramatically increasing them.

This places tenants, many of whom are elderly or on fixed incomes, between a rock and a hard place.  They can stomach the increased rent if they can afford it, try to sell their home at a reduced price due to the increased rent or abandon it in place and let the park take ownership as abandoned property.

From the investor's perspective (jump ahead to 2:50 for his Ten Epiphanies):

https://www.mobilehomeuniversity.com/videos/why-we-got-into-and-stayed-in-the-mobile-home-park-business.php

And a look from the resident's viewpoint:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/may/03/owning-trailer-parks-mobile-home-university-investment

Edited by Lou Schneider