We had a good run but it is time to move on

Trudy and I had a good run but it is time to move on. We came off the road from full-timing about 10 years ago to help raise a grandkid and settled down in Phoenix to do that. We'd always hoped to get back to RV living when he started school but a second grandkid came along and we got another couple years of delay. While that was going on our health deteriorated to the point that we can't really even consider weekend RVing. We aren't going to die any time soon but we both have issues that really limits what we can do.

I'll be keeping this forum account but stepping down as a weekend moderator since I won't be visiting as often.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Sorry Stan. But I do want to thank you for all your help steering us to look at MDTs back in '99 and then giving us the heads up on the Wiers Towmaster that we eventually purchased from, if I remember right, an RVing Chaplain? I came off the road in 2011 when my wife passed and finally, last year, got back into RVing for the summers in a Class C - so called B+. Anyway, sorry to hear of your health issues, wish you the best and THANX

Then
The puller - Wiers Towmaster (Int'l 4700LP)
and pusher - 40' Travel Supreme

Now

30' Winnebago Aspect TS
Signs of my new life

Stanley: Wishing you the best. To me, you are sort of a forum "icon" as through the many years since we learned about the Escapees, we have been in and out and, there was Stanley. Will be looking forward to updates along the way on how you and yours are doing.

Cathy

I'll miss you and your excellent advice, Stan. I thought I'd come here less when we got off the road but every day here I still am. I can no longer give current advice but some things are timeless.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Stan, thank you very much for all you have done to help novices like myself over the years. Your well articulated posts have provided me with a lot of very sound advice. I am sorry your health issues may keep you off the road. Selfishly, I also hope you continue to provide your wise council on this forum for many years to come.

Jim

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

Stan, you're advice in the time I've been here has been priceless, and I'm sure your help in keeping the spammers at bay behind the scenes equally so. Please don't drop out completely since as Linda said, "some things are timeless" and your input would be very much appreciated! Both of you take care, and enjoy those grandkids... :)

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Stanley

You have contributed a great deal to this forum. Just because you are no longer able to RV does not make your advice or your thoughts any less valid. I hope you will continue to comment as much as you can. And just who is going to try to keep the Phoenix VA honest if not you?

Jim

Jim
SKP: 99693
If you think you can, or you think you can't. . . you are probably right (Henry Ford)
2014 Dodge 4WD Dually
1998 Carriage LS-341

Thanks for all the kind thoughts, folks here and the club gave us far more than we got from them and it will always be appreciated.

Stan, your insight and advice have been invaluable. We often refer to our hauler as "the truck that Stan built" because, really, you had input on just about every aspect of its configuration. Your guidance helped this former newbie feel comfortable building a truck from the ground up. I wish you the best.
Mark

Mark & Sue---SKP#86611
'06 International 4400LoPro DT570 310hp 950ft-lbs.-Allison--3.70 gears
'05 36' Teton Liberty
'12 BMW F650 twin

Trudy and I had a good run but it is time to move on. We came off the road from full-timing about 10 years ago to help raise a grandkid and settled down in Phoenix to do that. We'd always hoped to get back to RV living when he started school but a second grandkid came along and we got another couple years of delay. While that was going on our health deteriorated to the point that we can't really even consider weekend RVing. We aren't going to die any time soon but we both have issues that really limits what we can do.

I'll be keeping this forum account but stepping down as a weekend moderator since I won't be visiting as often.

Stanley,

I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm sorry we have never met. I have thoroughly enjoyed and learned a great deal from your thoughtful postings. I'm especially distressed to learn of your health issues and hope you are able to recover soon. Best to you both. Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

Thank you sir for the help you have given not just to me but others as well. It has been much appreciated. Sorry to hear that you had to leave the Rv lifestyle and that you will be on the forum less then usual. Your advice will be sorely missed. Best wishes to you and yours

See you on the road!

Stanely,

Thank you so much for the insight, pm's, and guidance during your tenure here. The information you shared has been invaluable to many of us that were just stepping into the traveling lifestyle.

Safe travels wherever you may go.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Tough to hear about health issues keeping you off the road. We have worried about that ourselves. We are wintering in Mesa, so if you want to have coffee, a beer or whatever, just drop me a note.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

I'm glad I was able to help others, I was given a lot of assistance that got me started and saved me from many expensive errors and was trying to pass it on.

Stan, sorry to hear that your health issues ar forcing your hand. Jan and I aren't far behind you. If we are lucky we'll make Alaska next year again, then it will be just use the MH to visit the kids and move to CARE. Good luck, and PLEASE continue on here as much as possible.

Dave W. KE5GOH

Stuck in the 70's ---

In E. Texas

I would like to say something inspiring in the way of appreciation but its kind tough to think of you not being here often. And often saving us from outselves many many times. Well just take care of yourselves witn my best wishes and thoughts. If I ever get the chance I would like to meet you in person. When I visualize you it is of course the picture on the forum and then one you posted of you when you were in VN.

Stan,

Sorry to hear you've health issues. You'll be missed.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived