Bank of America Just pulled the rug out from under us

jeanhoyle

I have had excellent service with Alliant Credit Union http://www.alliantcreditunion.org/. Never had a problem with Mobile Banking. MH finianced at 1.99%, plus they support Escapees. Best service I've experienced. Reimbursement for ATM fees, Highly recommend.

Paul and Eugenia Bozeman

Living our dream aboard the Road Cottage

Somewhere on the back roads of North America

bozeman@theroadcottage.com

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jean, we to received that same notice. I called BoA customer service and told them under no condition to move my account. They did not give me enough notice to change all my automatic bill pay or my direct deposits. I told them I had had my same account for over 30 years, gone through the buy outs before, but this time I would not put up with changing my accounts. They told me that it was not a problem and my accounts have stayed with BoA. Sorry I did not read this earlier.

Ron
2020 Ram Longhorn 6.7 4D SB
1989 Avion 34V

• 1 month later...

Sorry i did not see this post until now. When we recieved the emails about Citizens Bank taking us over we called BOA and asked to be removed from this sale. They removed us and we remained BOA customers. We did this because we have online Texas accounts and use the atm's frequently in different states and would loose that resource with a local bank like Citizens. Now we are frustrated to find BOA has sold its branches in many towns so we still need to find another bank. Yuma for instance has no BOA atms. I believe Parker also closed. Looking into the credit unions coop atm arrangement.

Just to throw a new wrench in the works.....

It seems that Bank of Almost America is closing all over the place. Here in TN, they closed ALL branches. As part of that closing, they "transferred" all accounts to another bank. In reviewing the fees at the "other" bank I discovered that it would end up costing us about $20-30 per month in additional fees. These fees included a monthly fee, ATM fees, check fees, etc. In addition, they required that I personally handle all of my Direct Deposit and automatic debit transactions myself. They also sold my business account, and the receiving bank did not offer a debit card for the business. They made no provision for the cost to the business of the hours necessary to accomplish this transfer.

Finally, after telling BoAA that I did not want the bank that they had selected, they sent ALL of my information to that bank. I was inundated with mail from that bank for about a month. The scary thing about all of this is that all of my personal, financial information was shared with that new bank, WITHOUT my permission. Based on privacy and banking laws, this type of information transfer is illegal. In effect, this is sanctioned identity theft.

Sadly, there is nothing that can be done about this, other than to close your BoAA account, and establish your own account in the institution that YOU want. Personally, we opted into initiating an account with a local credit union.

Now we are frustrated to find BOA has sold its branches in many towns so we still need to find another bank. Yuma for instance has no BOA atms

I have been a BOA customer since 1998. The last time I needed to use/or used a ATM was over 12 years ago.

I can get all the cash I need at Walmart or other like stores at no extra charge.

It has been a long time since I have been at any BOA branch for anything.

With a smart phone and BOA app. No problem to deposit any check by a photo.

So it doesn't matter if they don't have a ATM in any area I travel to.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Archived