Cummins Diesel trucks...........

Kirk W

It seems that you can now get the Nissan Titan truck with a cummins diesel in it. Anyone know if or how that may effect the Dodge truck market and popularity? What is particularly interesting, base prices seem to be higher for the Nissan than for the Ram...

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

It's interesting that the Nissan would be more expensive than a Ram considering how poorly Nissan respects and compensates it's workers. Being a retired auto worker myself that means something to me. The Titan has always been a poor seller with poor quality and terrible resale value. Will that change?

John

I do not think it will effect Ram sales. People that will buy it will do so because they want a Cummins in a truck that they do not do much with. That Nissan can not match what my 3500 DRW CTD Aisin 410 truck can do.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Ford will also have a diesel in the 150 truck .It is about time and maybe others will follow. We look at it from the towing angle and the Titan and the Ford 150 do not have the tow capacity for heavy Rv's. We do know some folks that tow with the Titan and had good luck.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Here are all the new diesels including Cars, Trucks, and SUVs now being or about to be sold in the US with specs:

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1065440_our-guide-to-every-2012-clean-diesel-car-on-sale-in-the-u-s

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Huge problem with the Nissan Diesel.........TITAN XD has a maximum payload of 2,091 pounds (when properly equipped) and a maximum towing rating of 12,314 pounds (when properly equipped). But with 4 doors and usual options the payload goes down to 1700 pounds +/-.......

!2,000 trailer with 15% tongue weight is 1800#........Even if you buy a stripped XD with a 2091# payload, you end up with 300# for paylod......Better eat a lot of salads!

Might be fine for a 6000# trailer.........But the 12K# they are screaming about doesn't seem possible.

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com

Just a point of order folks. There is no Dodge in the RAM. Fiat took over Dodge RAM some years back. The 2013+ RAM has no affiliation with Dodge at all. Starting with the 2013 year the RAM is a whole new truck. Yeah sure looks the same but every panel was changed. Quality went up big time. For sure they are still through the same dealer. But have a close look and tell if you can see any reference to Dodge on a new RAM.

How do I know. I got a 2013 RAM and love it.

So careful with what 'facts' you use. :rolleyes:

OK back to Nissan.

regards

Just a point of order folks. There is no Dodge in the RAM. Fiat took over Dodge RAM some years back. The 2013+ RAM has no affiliation with Dodge at all. ...................How do I know. I got a 2013 RAM and love it.

I believe that the spin-off of the Dodge truck group into a separate Ram division actually happened in 2010? But the Ram division remains a wholly owned division of Fiat-Chrysler Automobiles, LLC and can only be purchased through existing Dodge dealers and all warranty support continues to be through those same dealers. The Ram continues in practice to be a part of Dodge from the owner's standpoint and most of us really don't care how the corporate structure happens to work. If you visit the Dodge website to look for 2016 vehicles, once you look at all of the pretty cars across the top, if then look down the left side there is a listing of all vehicles that are sold by Dodge and the next to last is Chrysler Commercial Vehicles and the last is Ram Trucks. So far as most folks in the US are concerned, the term Dodge truck is synonymous with Ram in practical application.

Hey chirakawa you take that back. My Ram doesn't rattle. You apologies or I'll send my sister over to make you sorry!! :wacko:

Hey at least the Ram hasn't got 1 forward gear and 5 reverse!

Okay, I take it back. I don't want none of your sister.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

RayIN you missed my point! So did others. There is NO Dodge in the RAM brand now. Dodge Ram is dead. Show me where, on that site, where it says anything about Dodge Ram. Since Fiat took over Chrysler it's simply RAM. Pedantic? Yup but!!!!!

regards

no one cares its still a dodge truck by default

2015 Dodge Ram Closeout - Whopping Discounts On 2015 Dodge.

Show me where, on that site, where it says anything about Dodge Ram.

Go to the dealer where the "Ram" is sold and look to see what it says on the sign out front and/or on the front of the building?

carcom-header-bing-February.jpg

Huge Dodge RAM Truck Price Cuts this Month!

Archived