Florida Woman Stops Gator Attack With Small Caliber Pistol

This is a story of self-control and marksmanship by a brave, cool-headed woman with a small pistol against a fierce predator. What is the smallest caliber that you would trust to protect yourself? A Beretta Jetfire testimonial. Here is her story in her own words:

"While out walking along the edge of a bayou just outside of Fort Lauderdale in alligator alley with my soon to be ex-husband discussing property settlement and other divorce issues, we were surprised by a huge 12-ft. alligator which suddenly emerged from the murky water and began charging us with its large jaws wide open.”

"She must have been protecting her nest because she was extremely aggressive. If I had not had my little Beretta Jetfire .25 caliber pistol with me, I would not be here today! “Just one shot to my estranged husband's knee cap was all it took.”

“The gator got him easily and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace. "It's one of the best pistols in my collection! Plus, the amount I saved in lawyer fees was incredible!"

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

This is a story of self-control and marksmanship by a brave, cool-headed woman with a small pistol against a fierce predator. What is the smallest caliber that you would trust to protect yourself? A Beretta Jetfire testimonial. Here is her story in her own words:

"While out walking along the edge of a bayou just outside of Fort Lauderdale in alligator alley with my soon to be ex-husband discussing property settlement and other divorce issues, we were surprised by a huge 12-ft. alligator which suddenly emerged from the murky water and began charging us with its large jaws wide open.”

"She must have been protecting her nest because she was extremely aggressive. If I had not had my little Beretta Jetfire .25 caliber pistol with me, I would not be here today! “Just one shot to my estranged husband's knee cap was all it took.”

“The gator got him easily and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace. "It's one of the best pistols in my collection! Plus, the amount I saved in lawyer fees was incredible!"

This is a lovely story and highly recommended with morning coffee to get that extra bang to start the day.

"GAR" is a 2001 White Volvo 660 singled long w/ VED12 465 3.58 - Eaton Fuller Auto-shift 10spd. 3 pedal- Onan QD 6500 Gen. (aka "Joyrider")

2010 Carriage Royals International 36MAX1 w/ MORryde IS, G114's 17.5" wheels, (SOLD)

2014 Honda CRV AWD (ready to flat tow but driven separately by my DW!

Class of 2016 Full-Timers

LOL! Having been once confronted by a *large* alligator during our one (and possibly last) Florida RV trip, when we saw the title of this post we thought, "No way! These brutes are far too large and far too fast for that to have any chance of working! But then we haven't thought of the way that woman used to solve it... :-)

Getting ready to join the RV full-time lifestyle in 2017!

Archived