RV Batteries/Trojan 105

SWharton

Some of the solar sites used to offer a good price on Trojans, buy from them but pick up from a local distributor. I'm not sure who is doing that today but it used to be a really cheap way to get Trojans.

As an alternative you might consider Sam's Club, their T105 batteries have a very good reputation and a lot better prices.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Just to chime in... most T105's ship "dry" and can be considered "fresh/new" until the cells are activated . Depending on where you reside, they may not necessarily be available in your local box store (I've personally never seen them "in-stock" in the West)

I'll do a little searching today... I have an affinity as they have suited me beautifully for a couple of decades. ;)

I wouldn't pay more than $130/ea delivered.. regardless.

I have a little more time now, here are the Backwoods Solar's Trojan 105 battery, pages. They also offer other brands and sizes / types if you are interested. I think you may beat their prices but not their service.

The Trojan RE model looks interesting if you don't get to a full charge every day or two. I couldn't quickly find a life-cycle comparison but there may be one out there.

T-105 $155 http://www.backwoodssolar.com/products/batteries-accessories/batteries/trojan-batteries/trojan-t105-battery-1-yr-warranty

RE-105 $180 http://www.backwoodssolar.com/products/batteries-accessories/batteries/trojan-batteries/trojan-t105-re-battery-2-yr-warranty

Trojan's site on the T versus RE

SMART CARBON™

Deep-cycle batteries used in off-grid and unstable grid applications are heavily cycled at partial state of charge (PSOC). Operating at PSOC on a regular basis
can quickly diminish the overall life of a battery, which results in frequent and costly battery replacements.
To address the impact of PSOC on deep-cycle batteries in renewable energy (RE), inverter backup and telecom applications, Trojan Battery has now included
Smart Carbon™ as a standard feature in its Industrial and Premium flooded battery lines.

T http://www.trojanbattery.com/product/t-105/

RE http://www.trojanbattery.com/product/t-105-re/

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Yeeeshhh.... There doesn't appear to be any decent deals going on at the moment online without core exchanges. I would check with your local farm/implement stores to see what they can do for you. The RE's really are worth the few additional dollars, but I still would be looking at $130 for 105's and no more than $155 for RE's.

Also, Batteries + Bulbs has some 6vdc deep cycle Duracell s that appear to be good quality. Weight is comparable to Interstate and Trojan and prices are better then Trojan. I have used Interstates for years and been satisfied but may try the Duracells when I need to replace the batteries in this coach which has some off-brand batteries installed by previous owner! And, you get a 10% discount if you order on line and pick up locally!

Bob & BJ
On the road (part time) to ournextstop!
2019 Bounder 35P
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Oscar)

I agree on golf cart dealers. If you are anywhere close to the Atlanta area, there is a golf cart community just south of metro Atlanta, Peachtree City. There are over 12,000 registered golf carts in PTC and the golf cart dealers have had the best prices I have seen anywhere on Trojans.

Ed

KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, RV Flex Armor Roof

Needed 4 batteries, for various reasons selected Trojan T105's. Got a really good price from "My Guys Mobile" in the Phoenix area. Made it worth my while to drive from Tucson to Phoenix about 135 miles one way. Actually need to go anyway! Got 4 T105's for $110 each out the door. Best price I found in Tucson was around $140. Rob Gibler was very helpful wrt some questions I had about deep cycle batteries. More than willing to share info. Phone number 602.499.9359.

• 2 weeks later...

Crown's are good batteries. I'd recommend them.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Agreed. Crown makes a decent battery. They have a better warranty than Trojan's, but their "published" life cycles are less than Trojan's. That's kind of subjective though. If I found a set that offered a decent savings over Trojan's I wouldn't have any problem running them. At any rate.. they're going to beat out the box store GC's hands down.

"Published" cycles from a discussion a year or so back..

Depth of discharge/#of Cycles T-105/C-235
100% T-105=750 CR-235=500
50% T-105=1600 CR-235=1200
40% T-105=2000 CR-235=1500
20% T-105=4000 CR-235=3000

Archived