Is WalMart moving away from RVers Welcome?

yourpcgeek49

Wal-Mart parking lots have been a very appreciated rest stop during many of our cross country trips. They are, however, to be only rest stops. Our Redwood 40KB and Volvo HDT take up as much space as a semi with trailer. Without forethought, it would be easy to block traffic flow for Walmart customers. Slides never come out, jacks never go down. This is not a trash dump. It is an extended courtesy extended by many locations.

I was told by a few Managers that if they gave permission to park, that the store could assume liability for incidences occurring to our rig. Sad that in these times, that is probably true. Some, and sometimes many, RV'ers forget to be good guests.

Truck stops and roadside parks are getting full at very early hours, now. Trucking companies risk management do not want the increased risk of night driving. Keeping Walmarts as a temporary rest stop is very valuable.

Hopefully RV'ers will be on their best behavior at Walmart.

TravelFit

hunt.reese@yahoo.com

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do remember that on our first cross country adventure 10 years ago Wallmart and other big box stores were more accommodating. We like Wall mart and do most of our shopping at one when on the road. They are convent, plentiful and have everything we need at

at one stop. Unlike some here who have never once seen any kind of abuse at a Wall mart by Rv'ers we have and continue to do so.

It does depend somewhat on the area you are in. We are right smack in the middle of the tourist area near Disneyworld and all the attractions up and down I-4 and the 192 Strip.It is amazing how many tourist come to these attractions with out making proper

campground reservations as if you can come here during the busiest season and expect to get in a campground. Many of these folks will put their rig anywhere resulting in the "no overnight Parking" signs going up. We see more of that every year.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Archived