Only at Walmart....

Guest THE TRAILERKING

An outside ladder is so tacky, you'd think they would have gotten a car with a sun roof and used an internal ladder.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

That's fairly tame. 30+ is possible at peak weekends in some Walmarts. I hope their view that hosting RVers is good business continues. I know I tend to spend a lot with them when staying overnight.

Geo

George,
Suzuki Celerio 998cc

Yamaha NMAX scooter

Work ride is Western Star N2 Tri-Tri tanker at 56,500kg loaded

Guest THE TRAILERKING

My gosh, this looks like more like an RV park than a Walmart. Maybe it's just around here, but I have never seen more than 2 RV's in a WM parking lot.

Regina's East End.......................Get's out of control most times.

That's fairly tame. 30+ is possible at peak weekends in some Walmarts. I hope their view that hosting RVers is good business continues. I know I tend to spend a lot with them when staying overnight.

Geo

We seem to spend a lot at Wal Mart whether we are staying there or not. Locally we normally only see 1 or 2 if any at all, that looks like one we stayed at in Texas in March, had 30+ RV'S there.

We have stayed in some Walmarts where there were between 20 and 30 units. They start arriving around 4 pm and are pretty much all gone by 8 am the next morning.

The variety of rvs can be quite interesting.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

My gosh, this looks like more like an RV park than a Walmart. Maybe it's just around here, but I have never seen more than 2 RV's in a WM parking lot.

That Walmart almost looks like the one in Newport,Oregon.......the rv's park right next to the signs that say "no overnight parking"

87ecf2fa36fc1b1.jpg

ONP Walmart from Allstays is awesome.

"#1925, Supercenter Apr 2015: Signs posted but asked at service desk and they said ok. Stayed one night in our 37 ft 5th wheel along the east side of parking lot. No problems but a little road noise. Even put out our 4 tip outs. Oct 2014: The signs are still posted saying No Overnight Parking so I asked customer service if it was okay. She said Walmart allows it. Sep 2013: Signs posted no overnight parking but manager said Walmart did not care. We spent the night along with several other RVs with no problem. RVs were scattered throughout parking lot. Aug 2013: Parked far away from doors. They said it was the town rules No overnight parking, however, Walmart is ok with parking. We met a man with his genie on and two chairs outside! He was there several days, and we saw 6 other RVs there last night. Garden Center, Grocery, Pharmacy, 1-Hour Photo Center, Subway (S)"

Geo

That Walmart almost looks like the one in Newport,Oregon.......the rv's park right next to the signs that say "no overnight parking"

George,
Suzuki Celerio 998cc

Yamaha NMAX scooter

Work ride is Western Star N2 Tri-Tri tanker at 56,500kg loaded

In many cases it is only a matter of time before we ruin something that many use and appreciate!

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

I have seen rentals with a pop up tents with ladders and camped next to them in a RV park.

Usually they are on a minivan.

Looked OK to me. Just people having a good time. Usually first time RVers.

Google: Juicy RV rentals.

I tried to upload a pic, but said file too big.

Steve

LIFETIME MEMBER
2011 Born Free Class C
OR/ CA border

NEWBIE, so I have everything to learn !

Although we have never overnighted at a Wall-mart we appreciate the opportunity to do so should the need arise. We hope that other Rv'ers do not take that opportunity away due to abusing the opportunity.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

We have overnighted both at Walmarts as well as Flying J's. Never had any issues, other than once heard the parking lot cleaner running his machine at 0300....

Although Flying J's are usually more noisy, I actually sleep better there---perhaps it is that their designated RV areas make it seem more "safe". Maybe it's just me.......

When I was running hot shot loads with my pickup, I routinely stayed at Walmarts around the country and yes, the sweeper could be a problem some nights. Also, stay away from the loading docks as they get busy and noisy during the off hours. I never liked the truck stops cause it never failed that the truck next to me would release his air brakes and leave during the night and about the time you fell asleep another truck would arrive and do the air brake thing again.

Home Depots were another favorite short night stop.

Greg

Never complain about noise at a truck stop to a guy that had a two-level hog hauler pull in next to him. To say I had a crappy morning surprise is an understatement, the side of the rig was really foul.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Archived