Boondocking at Tanger Outlet Parking Lots

alan&drena

six to eight hours is sufficient to recharge your sleep battery and back on the road.

Yours maybe but not mine. If I only stopped that long I'd still be a drowsy driver. It takes me a couple hours to wind down from driving then I do best if I sleep nine hours and I need food and caffeine before hitting the road again so I'm usually there for at least a 12 hour stop. I don't stop a second night at the same store but I stay as long as I need to do so on my one night stop. No one has ever complained to me about the length of my stay.

Linda Sand

Correction: I did stay two nights at one Walmart. I drove in shortly before bedtime. The next day I had three sets of visitors--two of them scheduled meets--then I stayed a second night with my daughter's truck parked nearby. It's good I was still there the next morning when she locked herself out of the truck and needed a place to wait for the locksmith.

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if this is allowed? Have any of you done it?

When I see the term "boondocking" in the same sentence as parking at some asphalt parking lot, the hair on the back of my neck stands out. But, alas, I have come to grips with the fact that I am beating a dead horse. Like the noun "party" is now a verb......I just give up :wub: . Hopefully, someday, after the apocalypse, the survivors can take back the traditional usage of terms like this. Until the apocalypse, however, I will happily continue to PARK at a parking lot, and "dry camp at a beautiful remote location" (boondock).

1977 GMC Eleganza II

ARS WBOJOT

Archived