HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are at Pioneer Trails in Anacortes, WA. Nice park but hard to get a spot with satellite reception as there are LOTS of trees. They are selling RV spaces (yes, SPACES - not "lots") for $57K to $157K; higher priced spots have gazebos and 100A. Double wide spaces (THOR, Freya, and Loki are comfortably parked here in our space and there is a picnic table and fire ring.) The space we are in is for sale for $82K. Beautiful wooded area about 4 miles from town. Good facilities throughout. Must pay electricity. If you buy, there are also fees for the HOA ($75) and $46 for property tax. You actually own the space. No idea what resell would be; they just started selling. Some already purchased and folks have put really nice park models on them (tiny houses). Seems pretty pricey to me, nonetheless. We are here for the holidays visiting kids and grandkids. Beautiful here in the spring, summer, and fall; chilly right now - almost noon and 31 degrees. Clear blue sky today - has been raining for the past week. Won't get over 34 today and most days temperature will go from low to mid 30's. Some days down into 20's. Not much snow in these parts except on the hills/mountains. Hanging here through mid Jan; maybe even mid February. Good news is that University of Washington doctors have determined that Ron's tumor is NOT a GIST, it is a benign Lipoma and does not need to be surgically removed. He is doing much better!

2010 Volvo VNL 670 D13 500 HP Ishift - "THOR"

2016 DRV Elite Suites 38RSSA - "Freya"

2012 Smart For Two - "Loki"

Ron & Shelley Johnston, pilots

Toy, Nika, and Piranha, feline co-pilots and Demi-gods (at least if you ask them).

• 3 weeks later...

We are at our usual spot here in Wellton Az...(Just 20 miles east of Yuma, off of I-8 exit 30..Pioneer RV Park)...always sunny here
and the dryness agrees with my arthritic ailments! Actually, when we're out here it's virtually gone!...NADA...If anyone is out here
or taking in Quartzite drop me a line, come visit...Will be here till April..

post-14823-0-11246300-1482694386_thumb.jpg

June, Walter (Princess and Czar-our Shihtzu and Rottweiler) The Security Team 24/7

2000 Volvo 770, VED12-465hp-1.94 Million Kms and Counting,Eaton-Fuller manual stick 13...
232"WB_Twin Screw , 24.5" Rubber, 2011-Passion-Smart Car - 37RL Cardinal, 2KW Solar PV

"Enjoying Life" - Currently Semi-Retired..In the Summer I Drive a Semi...In the Winter I'm Retired"

We are at Belle Parc RV Resort, Brooksville FL. Plan to be here until April 1st. Park is still under construction but we're on a new slab & truck & Smart fit.

Todd & Beth

“…nothing so liberalizes a man and expands the kindly instincts that nature put in him as travel and contact with many kinds of people.” – Mark Twain

Still in Kansas but next week heading to New Braunfels TX. Should I stop in and say hi at Buccees?

Try the one in Waco also! I've already been tossed out of that one. And welcome to Texas the sun is out and it is warm. We are just east on New Braunfels on 21.

2016 Western Star 5700xe (Pathfinder) DD15 555hp

w/12 speed automatic 3:05 diffs

2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 38RLPK

2 Great Danes

From what I understand, Corporate has never contacted any one of us who emails them. Pretty poor business practice. Now I might have missed a posting by someone who might have received something, but my two requests have been ignored.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

From what I understand, Corporate has never contacted any one of us who emails them. Pretty poor business practice. Now I might have missed a posting by someone who might have received something, but my two requests have been ignored.

Someone had a great idea the last time we had this conversation. We need to have a group of 10-15 HDT and make a trip out of just going to Bucee's one after the other.

2 Great Danes

We checked into Disney Ft Wilderness on the first. Going to Tampa RV show 18-22 Jan. Dry camping in NE lot with bunch of folks!

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

We'll be there, at the Tampa RV Show on Jan.18-19

Truck only, kinda fun using it as a stand alone RV.

That's why many of us decided to go the HDT route, to have that useability.

Sounds like it will be a gathering again.

Rick

image_zpsq9ty0erw.jpg

1998 VOLVO 610 VED-12 @ 425 HP with 13 speed, 22.5" rubber, TC Equipped, single 3.70 drive axle, 193'' WB. REESE, 30K 4 way rocker-hitch, Jordan Ultima 2020. Under-frame mounted Honda 3000 ei, Towing a DRV MobileSuites- 36TK3 with TrailAir Pin Box, a Yamaha Road Star 1700 on deck. http://diesel-gypsy.blogspot.com

That, rick, is a hell of a good looking rig! That is just what I'm looking for, too. A short 630 (610) with room for a scooter on the back. Only I'd have to find an iShifter...

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

That, rick, is a hell of a good looking rig! That is just what I'm looking for, too. A short 630 (610) with room for a scooter on the back. Only I'd have to find an iShifter...

There are many advantages to the short 630. We used our 610 for over three years as our only vehicle, and we were fulltiming. It really was fine....and it had an autoshift. With an IShift it would be a great daily driver. We had a 182" wheelbase. No ability to carry a smart, but we could easily carry a motorcycle. Renovations to the interior to make it more "livable" will make it a great week-long camping vehicle. RIck has a sink, as we did. And we added a second bunk, portapotty, microwave, coffee maker, shore power and inverter. I had a gas camping stove we could use outside on the bed. Along with a nice kitchen kit we could do about anything in the truck, and be comfortable. If we had air conditioning (which we did not) via an APU then it would have been close to perfect. I still miss that truck, but the modern trucks are so much better for amenities and driving.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

We are leaving on Saturday am. Hope the weather is good for us.

Roger

It was a very nice day today, we left Houston area about 9am. Heavy traffic in a few places but other the that it was a good day.

2 Great Danes

Camping at Wickenburg with 2 horses. We where in the BLM but moved closer to town at the Rodeo camp grounds as the weather was supposed to get bad with a storm and lots of rain. Did not want to get trapped and stuck out there.

Edited by stolpsaddles

2005 Western Star, MDE 4000 ,singled mid, 12' deck with Smart Car
Bison Stratus 3 horse with 16' short wall 12' slide out

http://www.spottedhorsegallery.com/
http://www.campingandhorses.com/

• 3 weeks later...

We're currently in Battleground Campground, Ringgold, GA, through 3/3, then on to northern Virginia for a few months of work.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch