2015 East Coast Rally Update

SuiteSuccess

I have created a tentative schedule for the 2015 East Coast Rally in Crossville and have sent the document to the moderators for posting under the HDT Rally Site. It should be linked in the next few days. I will be updating and editing the document as the rally draws near. As you will see there are several new topics of interest to both men and ladies but I am still in need of a speaker who might be able to address bed builds including materials, dimensions, vehicle carrying dimensions etc. If someone is interested would they please contact me by PM (Phoenix you listening?). I also have some other topics I will be working on.

The East Coast Rally has existed on the generous donations of the participants year to year to offset costs related to the rally (they were very much appreciated), but I have decided to charge a small rally fee of $25.00 per rig to offset costs. Be assured that all monies will be dedicated to the yearly rally upgrades and expenses. This will help supply paper goods, ice, tableware, sodas, and other incidentals ongoing. This fee will be paid upon arrival and check-in so no need to fill out a form and you aren't charged if you can't make it.

I will be bumping this thread periodically with announcements as the time grows nearer but feel free to list your intentions of attending if you desire so we can get some idea of a head count. Note all registrations are made through Deer Run RV Resort at the link provided here: http://www.deerrunrvresort.com/ on a first come, first served basis. There are plenty of large sites available so we should be able to accommodate everyone and you don't need an HDT to attend. Cabins are limited though.

Look forward to seeing old friends and making new ones. :)

Direct LINK to info on the Rally.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just sent the document to Jack and he has already linked it. Thank you. Should mention once again if you look in the center of the above Deer Run link you will see a video of last year's rally made by Gregg.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Just sent my info to Deer Run - Suite, Please count us in for the ECR

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

" As you will see there are several new topics of interest to both men and ladies but I am still in need of a speaker who might be able to address bed builds including materials, dimensions, vehicle carrying dimensions etc. If someone is interested would they please contact me by PM (Phoenix you listening?). I also have some other topics I will be working on."

Carl are you still looking for ideas on seminars ? My ideas follow the line about truck beds for Smart cars. I will post my ideas at a later date if you are still looking for ideas or would a p/m be better ?

Thanks,

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Unfortunately, we will not have our HDT by then but we do plan to attend in our current "configuration"(passport pulled by an Expedition). We enjoyed the Saturday we spent last year and plan to spend a few more days this year.

Excited to be getting closer to having our own HDT!

2016 Volvo VNL780 D13 I-Shift

2016 DRV 44 Houston

2015 Smart Cabriolet

" As you will see there are several new topics of interest to both men and ladies but I am still in need of a speaker who might be able to address bed builds including materials, dimensions, vehicle carrying dimensions etc. If someone is interested would they please contact me by PM (Phoenix you listening?). I also have some other topics I will be working on."

Carl are you still looking for ideas on seminars ? My ideas follow the line about truck beds for Smart cars. I will post my ideas at a later date if you are still looking for ideas or would a p/m be better ?

Thanks,

Al

Hi Carl,

Have you seen my comment yet ?

I just have an idea or two,

Thanks for listening,

Al

Hi Carl,Have you seen my comment yet ?I just have an idea or two,Thanks for listening,Al

Sorry Alan, yes I have seen your comment and meant to reply. My apologies. Please PM me. :)

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Carl, DW forwarded the e-mail to me regarding the spacing on the deck, etc. I'll take care of it.

Hey thanks so much. Grateful I can depend on the experts.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Schedule updated. Click on direct link in first post. More updates as rally draws near.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Hi Carl,

Thank you for all of your hard work on the rally. It looks like you have a nice schedule of seminars.

Al

We will be seeing everyone for the first time this year and are looking forward to the rally. Unfortunately though, we will have to leave Monday afternoon as I am flying out of Nashville Tuesday for the Philippines. Wish we could stay longer but life happens sometimes....

David and Vicki

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

• 3 weeks later...

Ok as stated in another thread( somewhere I forget where) the wife said go without her seeing school is in session and she can not go so I made my reservation today!!!!! Looking forward to meeting you all and seeing how I can improve my set up.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Welcome, welcome to all the newcomers.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Welcome, welcome to all the newcomers.

Thank you, as I am a newcomer I believe my truck already has been at the rally, we purchased our truck from Tom G100. Really like the truck just trying to upgrade some things to make it better.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Would love to be there, but have other commitments, do plan on being in KS in Oct, see you'll then ... Jim & Norma

the sailor & his Lady

1998 Volvo 610 "Big Red"

2006 Newmar Kountry Aire "Mother Goose"

2013 Smart Car "Lil' Red"

" If you aren't living on the edge, you are just taking up space "

Yes, Tom and Nan had a nice truck. It has been to several ECR's, LOL.

Well, another disappearing edit

And now, you have a nice truck! We are watching the weather and looking forward to it. Last year was just a tad too cold, so we ended up at South Padre Island instead. Hopefully, this year will be different. We are watching the weather closely.

C'mon Bill, you're from the North, a little cool weather should be to your liking. Besides, we miss you and Cec.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

I am planning to be there on Friday and Saturday night on my way back to New Jersey. Unfortunately we will have to head out on Sunday so that my son can get back to school. We are traveling south to see family for his spring break and I worked the stop in on our way home. Hope to meet those of you that will be there then. I'm running out of time rapidly to get my truck ready for the journey.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to attend this year. We will be in the process (hopefully) of getting our Volvo down to Kilgore, TX to have the bed built around that time. Our plan is to make Hutch for the week as we should have our entire rig by then.

Next year.....

2016 Volvo VNL780 D13 I-Shift

2016 DRV 44 Houston

2015 Smart Cabriolet

Archived