Unlimited 3G

moisheh

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my experience with Mobile Solutions. On Aug 14 when my hotspot apparently died Travis responded to my emails promptly. Then after Sep 1 it seemed like he had dropped off the planet. When he finally contacted me he said he was swamped with orders and had hired someone to help. I could handle delays in shipment, but to completely ignore my queries for three weeks was inexcusable.

Jun 22 Ordered Novatel 6620.

Jun 30 Order delivered.

Aug 14 Unable to connect to internet. Travis told me to send in the 6620 and he would repair it. I was in Oregon at the time and sent it in when I returned home.

Aug 20 Sent 6620 back for repair.

Aug 22 Tracking showed that Mobile Solutions received 6620.

Aug 29 Received repaired 6620. Still no internet access.

Sep 1 Talked with Travis and was told replacement 6620 would be sent and to return bad 6620 when replacement arrived. Ordered a Franklin U301 USB modem. PayPal account was charged for the U301.

Sep 8 Sent email to Travis asking for update and if he was expecting me to send in bad 6620 first. Got no reply.

Sep 14 Have not received anything yet from Mobile Solutions. Unable to contact Travis via email or text message.

Sep 16 Sent email to Travis. No reply.

Sep 20 Received text message asking "Did you receive it?". Texted Travis saying I had not and asked for a tracking number.

Sep 22 Travis texted asking if I had sent the bad 6620. I texted stating that he had said to return the bad 6620 after receiving replacement. He responded saying I was correct and that he will send shipment. Shortly after I got an automated email from Mobile Solutions stating that a shipping label had been created.

Hopefully this will finally be resolved.

Tom
—————————————————
2005 Born Free 24' Rear Bath
Towing 1978 VW Bug convertible
Minneapolis, MN

I too have been trying to deal with Mobile solutions and it has been a frustrating experience. For almost two weeks I tried to contact Travis about shipping via multiple emails and texts with no answers. I was told my Jetpack, which I sent in to be activated, had been shipped and was provided a tracking number which only showed a label had been generated. After many, many emails and finally letting him know I would go to my credit card company to get my money back I finally got a response from him admitting the jetpack had not been shipped. He did ship the device overnight UPS after the long delay. Now that I have the device, I need some clarification as to how to renew and pay the $5.00 monthly fee when it is due. I have sent him a total of 3 emails now asking how to do that and have had NO response. The "new" person that is suppose to handle customer service has also not been very responsive.I was told I would get 5 months free with the activation, but only got 4. Perhaps someone that is using this service can help me with the renewal process since it appears Travis is not going to help. If you use this service, don't expect much in the way of customer service. Chuck

58dd65872f8a7_ReducedRVandCar.jpg.cf7b626fb3b5b05ebc20cb05195193a2.jpg

Chuck and Susan      1999 Fleetwood Bounder 34            Triton V10 on Ford Chassis

Although I got a tracking number indicating that my device has been shipped via USPS. Unfortunately, USPS has no record of ever receiving the package. Printing a shipping label doesn't indicate shipment. It only indicates that they printed a label. Somehow, USPS has to receive the package from the shipper before they can deliver.

Gerald H

Although I got a tracking number indicating that my device has been shipped via USPS. Unfortunately, USPS has no record of ever receiving the package. Printing a shipping label doesn't indicate shipment. It only indicates that they printed a label. Somehow, USPS has to receive the package from the shipper before they can deliver.

Gerald H

That is exactly what happened to me and after almost two weeks they finally admitted that for some reason it had not been shipped. Even after you do receive it, don't expect any help or customer support. You pay your money, you take your chances. I have to wonder now how long the service will stay up. And if it doesn't, I don't expect any help whatsoever from Mobile Solutions. Chuck

Chuck and Susan      1999 Fleetwood Bounder 34            Triton V10 on Ford Chassis

• 3 weeks later...

Gerald H

So Sami, did you ever get your device?

Mine supposedly shipped out on 9/22 with an estimated 10-12 days shipping which has passed, but as of today I still have no device. He really should not use Parcel Post and I can't see the saving on shipping is worth the headache of wondering where shipments are with over 2 weeks of shipping time. I'd be happy to pay a bit extra to get shipped priority mail with a tracking number. I reached out by e-mail yesterday, but no reply yet.

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

So Sami, did you ever get your device?

Mine supposedly shipped out on 9/22 with an estimated 10-12 days shipping which has passed, but as of today I still have no device. He really should not use Parcel Post and I can't see the saving on shipping is worth the headache of wondering where shipments are with over 2 weeks of shipping time. I'd be happy to pay a bit extra to get shipped priority mail with a tracking number. I reached out by e-mail yesterday, but no reply yet.

You might very well find out that your package has not been shipped. This is horrible customer service. They do not respond to emails or text, even their contact form on the website. I had to threaten to go to my credit card company to finally get them to respond. Don't wait until your 30 days is up if you paid by credit card. Chuck

I'm going to ask again if anyone here can help me with this since no one from Mobile Solutions will respond to my question. How do I go about adding the $5.00 to the account once the time comes? I have tried to go online to do it but Verizon does not recognize the phone number to allow me to do it that way. Chuck

I also purchased a JetPack from Mobile Solutions. It worked great for two months then on Aug 14 it would not connect to the internet. I contacted Travis via email at Mobile Solutions and was told to send it in. I was traveling at the time so I waited until I returned home to send it in. He turned it around quickly but it still would not connect to the internet. We exchanged a few emails but was getting nowhere. I finally convinced him to call me and he decided to exchange mine for a new one. It should arrive Tue. Sep. 6.

After a couple of months, mine does the same thing. It will not connect to the internet. Sounds like a recurring problem.

Update on my saga. After not receiving any shipment from Mobile Solutions I filed a dispute with PayPal on Sep 29 and got my money back for the USB modem that I had ordered on Sep 1. Travis's response to PayPal was that he had to intercept the shipment which caused a "waste of his time". If he had indeed shipped he could have done nothing at all and let the shipment go through, thus settling the dispute. Travis insisted that I return my 6620 Jetpack for repair even though he had initially said he would send me a replacement first. He received my 6620 on Oct 3. I am still waiting.

In the interim, on Sep 14 I ordered a Jetpack from DR Wireless on eBay. It arrived in 3 days and is working well.

Tom
—————————————————
2005 Born Free 24' Rear Bath
Towing 1978 VW Bug convertible
Minneapolis, MN

So, exactly one month after I ordered my device from Mobile Solutions, it finally showed up today in the mail. When my device originally didn't show up in the time frame expected 10-12 days after shipping, I tried contacting Mobile Solutions by e-mail, but never heard back. I contacted them the following day on FB and that's where they were pretty responsive getting back to me. On the day I contacted them on FB, they asked me to call them that evening. When I called that evening, I left a VM, but never heard anything back. Again I contacted them by FB that evening and gave them my order#. That evening after my calls and VM message, I had a new shipment notification and now a tracking number sent to my e-mail.

I'm not sure if my device even shipped out the first time or not, but I never had a tracking number to even see. It wasn't until I actually contacted them and pressed the issue that I had no device that a new shipment was created and shipped. The 2nd device was shipped priority mail and arrived to me in about 3 days once it was received at the post office.

Timeline:

• 9/19/16 - Ordered Device online via their website. Received confirmation e-mail that my order was placed and would ship soon. I also received a confirmation on my Facebook that it had shipped as I had linked that to my account.
  • 9/22/16 - Received confirmation e-mail and message on FB that my item was shipped. I just did the free standard shipping option as I was not in a hurry to receive it. (No tracking number) In hindsight this was probably a mistake and should have just paid extra for priority shipping.
  • 9/22/16 - I thanked them for my order shipping and then had a FB conversation about another device I was sort of interested in. They gave me some info on it, but I wasn't ready to purchase until I saw how this purchase went through first. Their responses were pretty quick here so at this point I figured everything was fine.
  • 10/6/16 - This would be the earliest I would expect my device and started watching for it over the next few days. (No device)
  • 10/12/16 - 11:28am - Replied via e-mail that I had not received my order in the 10-12 business days as expected. (No response)
  • 10/13/16 - 3:34pm - I reached out to Mobile Solutions on FB to let them know I still not had not received my order and my mail had already ran that day. FB seemed to be the only way I would actually hear back from them so far so I started using that. They told me they would check ASAP and message me back that day. (No response after that)
  • 10/14/16 - 1:39pm - I reached out again on FB asking for an update on my order. They asked if I had the office number and gave it to me and told me to call back that evening. They also asked for my number which I gave them.
  • 10/14/16 - 7-8pm - I called the office number and left a VM with my order number and phone number and that I still had not received my order.
  • 10/14/16 - Later that evening I received a new shipment notification that my same order# had shipped via UPS Priority Mail with a tracking number. I never did receive a call back.
  • 10/15/16 - Tracking number shows up on USPS as picked up in IN. Originally had a delivery date of 10/17, but I figured that was unlikely which it was.
  • 10/19/16 - Item received. It took about 3 business days to get to me not counting the Sat it shipped out.
  • 10/19/16 - Device tested and it works as expected.

So, all in all, I did receive my device which I'm happy about, but certainly disappointed at the lack of responses which I was sort of expecting after reading this thread. There's also the fact that my first order never even showed up. I have no way of knowing if it actually shipped or not as stated? I'm not sure I would go through with another order at this point and if I did I would certainly choose the priority shipping with a tracking number. Using parcel post for any type of item a customer is waiting on is just asking for issues.

Some other things to note about the device once you receive it:

In the package, you did get some paper work that gives your device phone number & pin # and a number to call to check your balance. It explains how to replenish the $5.00 to the account once it's needed. It goes into detail to state this must be done on a month to month basis and adding more money at one time does nothing to extend the usage out further, it only costs you more money. It explains you can do this each month with a $5 add on card you purchase in a store or through them and their website. You are warned that if you let it lapse, your account becomes deactivated and you must send your device back in for a $60 charge to reactivate.

The webpage claimed the purchase price included 120 days of service when I ordered (now shows 90 days of service for my device), however the documentation with my device shows it was activated on 10/12/16 and my next payment is due by 12/10/16. That's not even 60 days of service and wouldn't have even been 90 from my original date. It's not a big deal as it's only $5/mo, but a bit misleading. Again I saw others post up about this also.

Interesting enough, The 10/12 activation date corresponds with my first e-mail back to them that I had not received the device, so my e-mail must have been received and read and the device activated that day, just never responded to.

Since I ordered this device, it appears others in this thread have found you can get similar devices on ebay with the same setup. I've also done some research I probably should have done ahead of time and realized the way these devices are setup isn't exactly on the up & up which isn't surprising. It seems software is used to clone a prepaid account phone and if your device is discovered and wiped, that's it. Your account is closed. You'd have to send it back in to get it flashed again and start all over. Also, since you don't own the original phone that was cloned, you have no way to do this yourself. Most of the posts about these devices though seem to be about 2013-14 and we all know the 3G is a dying network so maybe not as a big of a deal now.

I guess the only good thing out of this is I bought one of the nicer and later mifi devices and if I decide, I could probably get it re-flashed and it would work on Verizon LTE with a standard post paid account. At the moment all I wanted was a backup account to fall back on just to see how it worked.

I hope that helps others.

When I purchased my "service" I was told I would get 6 months free. I just checked the device at the 888 phone number for Verizon and the device will have to have money added on November 18th, less than two months after I received it. So be sure and check to see when you need to add money, it may be sooner than when they tell you. This good deal has turned out to be not so good after all.I really don't expect it to last very long. Chuck

You know what, I think you are right that it was supposed to be 6 months when I ordered it. I checked today though and now it says 90 days now on that device. I see other devices that he sells that still say 6 months included on them. Nothing on what I ordered says anything about the 6 months, so no way to prove it I guess. It's only $5/mo, so not a big deal, but if was one of the more expensive ones that are 4G LTE coverage, that could be a big deal.

Here is my latest with my ongoing saga. I sent Travis this email today...

Travis, Per this email you stated that the set up cost for my Jetpack includes 6 months free service. I just checked the service via the 888 phone number to Verizon and the device must be renewed on November 18th. This is no where near 6 months. How will you make this right? I also ask you in several emails to clarify how I am to renew the $5.00 payment and you never responded. Chuck

And here was Travis' reply today...

Perhaps if you read directions you would see you cant just add 6 months to it, I have no offered 6 months included for sometime , if you mis understood me I understand please return device and I will refund you for it , minus the usage on it. 5 has to be added every thirty days, if you are going to complain about 5 a month unlimited data please go elsewhere, I do not and will not take any bashing from a customer for the hard work I do. Please respond and I will cancel your service if that is what you want.

And here is my reply this evening...

Travis, First, if you scroll down this email you will find this message FROM you to ME...
On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 12:09 AM, Mobile Solutions <mobilesolutions0@outlook.com> wrote:
Second, if you had responded to my several emails from about a month ago asking for some clarification we would not be at this point right now. No where in your instructions does it address how the 6 months free was going to work. All I know, because you would not communicate, was that Verizon says the time is up November 18th. An explanation from you early on would have eliminated any confusion.
Third, why would I return MY device to you for a refund. What I would like is to get the service you said you would provide and some assurance that if I have a question or problem, I can contact you and you will respond. That is not a lot for any customer to ask. This is in no way bashing, but simply the expectations anyone would have in this situation. Are you telling me that you will be providing the monthly fee to keep the phone activated for the free period? That is all I ask. Chuck

Now maybe it's me. Does this sound unreasonable on my part? Chuck

So, I'm confused too from that e-mail chain. If you were to get a device with 6 month's service does that mean you contact them and they cover the cost for the first 6 months? It certainly isn't very clear on how that works.

Archived