Starting out to our full timing RV life

Our house is sold and we are thankful to have until June 6th to "move" into our travel trailer full time!! My husband and I are still employed as school bus drivers so we plan on traveling during the summer and return for our jobs in August. We are super excited to start this chapter in our lives. We are going to our FIRST Escapade in Essex Junction, VT and hope to learn so much and hopefully meet some new forever friends. We are open to suggestions or shortcuts to hitting the road.

Thanks,

CathyInMB

. We are going to our FIRST Escapade in Essex Junction, VT and hope to learn so much and hopefully meet some new forever friends. We are open to suggestions or shortcuts to hitting the road.

Great to hear that you will be coming to Vermont for Escapade! Look us up as we will be staying in the staff area and Pam will be on staff in the craft area and I'll be a security assistant. We would enjoy meeting you!

On suggestions, if you haven't done so, start by reading one or two books on the subject as that will get you started on the planning part to be sure that you don't miss anything important. I'd suggest either Amazon RV books or your public library.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I forgot to mention that we are also attending the Boot Camp first! We have a lot to learn.

Good decision! Mark Nemeth has put together an excellent program for beginners that everyone I know who has attended feels was outstanding for learning the ropes of RV living.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Our house is sold and we are thankful to have until June 6th to "move" into our travel trailer full time!!

If possible, I would move into the travel trailer now. That will give you time to learn what you still need to bring as well as what you didn't need to bring. That makes getting rid of the excess easier.

Does MB stand for Manitoba? If so, are you planning to live in the travel trailer through the winter there? That may turn out to be very challenging. If you're willing to tell us what model of trailer you have and how much time you have spent in it so far we might be able to give more specific advice.

Good luck wit your adventure.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Thanks everyone, you have helped me put things into perspective! We will vacation in Hawaii and full-time after that and see the kids along the way plus see new sites. Best of all worlds!

Jim & Alona traveling with River, Rocky & Indy.

Our home, a 33' 1988 Southwind which we love!

http://arjrontheroad.blogspot.com

http://gatewatchers.blogspot.com

Archived