RDBE (for those in the know)

ddshjs

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davena: Future participation in any QuickSilver "business meetings" will require signing of waivers, primarily to protect the guilty.

LaVila also wants five calendars. Send them to our MDT BOF address. How much do we owe and where do we send payment?

Not all who wander are lost...but, odds are a few of us must be.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11080131@N03/

Larry and LaVila! Will reserve the calendars for you. Cost is yet to be determined. To have them printed commercially is $20-$21 each, hoping I can do them for between $15 and $18 each. Within the next few days, (after I mail the newsletters),I will email the exact cost of production to all RDBE members,the price and mailing address. Oh, by the way, you can forward that waiver anytime, we're reserving an evening and the day after for the 2007 Quick Silver Business Meeting! icon_eek.gif

I sent emails to some RDBE members requesting photos and Birthdays (month & day). I've heard from a few but not all. The Calendar deadline is approaching so please send your photos and birthdays to Davena ASAP if you want them included in our Calendar. Also, get your orders in. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for your birthday wishes! After X number of years, one tends to stop worrying about them and just enjoy the celebration and appreciate hearing from those who remember! I hope you and Danielle had a wonderful day on your scorpio birthdays also. icon_smile.gif My 2 1/2 year old grandaughter baked a strawberry birthday cake for me (with dad's help) which we had at 9am for breakfast, adorned by 6 beautiful rose buds. Tonight The Techie and I are going to the Music Theater in the round to see the musical comedy, Hair Spray. Your birthday greeting is a nice surprise and very much appreciated. Hugs

Just want to thank all of you, including Pam, LaVila, Pat, Cindy and my hubby,et al, for sending your thoughtful birthday greetings. They arrived in a variety of formats and I really enjoyed and appreciate them! If you ever have an opportunity to see a live performance of 'Hair Spray", the musical comedy from the 60's, don't pass it up! We saw it last night and laughed ourselves silly! It was great and also the first performance outside of NYC. The calendars are coming along nicely. We have orders for 36 calendars so unless more come in we will only print 50 instead of the 100 that we estimated. Please send along any alternative address that you want them mailed to. I only have the address list from MDT BOF Members and Vals list from the HDT Rally. I want to thank Pat McFall for her help. It really saved me a lot of time contacting gals for info and I really appreciate it. Pat and I are accepting calendar orders for another week. They are 8x11 1/2, color photo paper, with spiral bindings. I wish all our RDBE Gals and your significant 'testosterone laden' others a very Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy an ounce or 2 of Limoncello, but don't consume too much gobble gobble! Bypass all weigh stations! icon_razz.gif Thanks again, Davena

Guest cindona

Davena,

Do we have a final price on the calendars? I would like to give you an alternate address for myself, but won't have it for another week when we get to New Mexico. Can I email you at that time?

Guess I better pick up some Limoncello....Happy Thanksgiving!

Davena, You are welcome!! I enjoyed helping but I didn't do much. You're doing all the hard work. I will need to give you an alternate address, too. Do you know an approximate mailing date? We are at Rainbow's End in Livingston, TX until about the 10th of December, then we'll be back on the road. The park is full. We're giving 2 PressurePro Seminars a week. We're busy but we're having fun. Thanks for everything.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!

We're at Rainbow's End in Livingston. They have a delicious Thanksgiving dinner planned. We'll be sharing a table with Mark and Dale Bruss. Hope you all have a great "TURKEY" DAY and SAFE TRAVELS!!!

We hope all our HDT / MDT friends and especially you RDBE Gals had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We drove 250 miles in the rain on Thanksgiving for a turkey dinner with our daughter in laws family in Wolfeboro, NH and then Friday we drove another 250 miles to Lake Sunapee in the north-western part of the state, to visit with my sisters family and my Mom who is 90. As The Techie so aptly put it " we drove 250 miles with 3 our grandbabies, to eat lasagna that we brought with us". We did have a nice holiday, just a little hectic! Safe travels to all and will be finishing the calendar for printing this weekend! icon_smile.gif

So, how many miles do you have to get under your belt to become an RDBE member? I checked this thread because I didn’t know what RDBE stood for, and neither did Dave (now I know why). What a hoot! I’ve driven ours for a grand total of about 200 miles so far. Maybe I’m an RDBE-in-training?

I have VERY good intentions of remedying that situation – Dave has me doing left-leg presses to ‘pump up’ the muscles for the clutch pedal, and I think we’ll invest some of our house proceeds in a Gearmaster. That float-shifting thing is really throwing me -- how can shifting without pushing in the clutch POSSIBLY be right?

Renee

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

Hi Renee,

You are most certainly qualified to be a member of the RDBE Club and I am sure the "RDBE Mistress" will agree. Just let her know and she will sign you up. I am not an "experienced" driver but am learning as I go....and I have a great teacher. Welcome to our Club.

Welcome aboard Renee! Happy to have you join the infamous RDBE Gals! You're certainly on the right track grinding those gears and working out! I can't say we all do the working out bit! I will email a member packet to you including our member list, our prose and purpose! We're pretty casual and just enjoy ourselves, sometimes at the expense of the Testosterone Bunch icon_wink.gif but not always. If you would like to email your contact info to me for your member profile, birthdate (no year), a picture of you and your truck (make, model, and name, if it has one, that would be great! We're getting ready to send the 2007, First Edition of the RDBE Gals Calendar to print. PAt McFall and I are still accepting orders through the end of next week.Hope we can include you in next years edition! Hopefully we'll see you at one of the rallies, (East Coast HDT, June in Gettysburg, Escapades, HDT Rally, Wichita in Sseptember, or the MDT Rally in Sedalia MO in October. Let us know where your going to be during the winter and perhaps some of our members can look you up and give you a personal welcome with our famous Limoncello toast! Just to let you know, we don't discriminate against gentlemen, but they too must meet the requirement of possessing a minimal estrogen level at all times!

Davena, (RDBE Mistress) and all the RDBE Gals welcome you!

Pat & Davena (& Henry) -- Thanks for the welcome! The only photo we have of me with the truck is standing next to it. If you need one with me 'in' the truck, I'll have to wait for the 2nd annual calendar. Can't go take a new photo now because the truck is at Larry Herrin's shop (YEAH!)about 65 miles away. Henry

asked that I go ahead & send any photos, which we'll do -- do you know what size it needs to be? The raw file is pretty darn big!

You all sound like LARGE amounts of fun; can't wait to meet some of you at one of the rallies or along the road sometime (although 'RDBE Mistress' does sound a bit on dark side!) I'm quite anxious to hear about Danielle & the trees!! I'll have to check the CMAFest dates & see if Gettysburg is possible.

Pat -- We almost got a chance to meet you & Mike when you guys were outside Tyler, TX, but were gone by the time Larry Herrin told us you were in the area.

Not quite sure where we'll be after the first of the year. Herrin should have the truck ready to pick up by mid-January, so we're staying west of Tyler for December & January (sure is better to get a monthly rate when possible!) We're taking the Jeep to NM for house closing in a couple weeks, then to Montana for Christmas with the grandkiddies, then South Dakota for vehicle registering, changing residence, etc. After that, we'll head back south (& will be more than ready to get to warmer climes, I'm sure!). Not sure after that -- would like to visit the Gulf Coast, but sounds like places get more & more crowded the further south you go.

Davena -- I'll send you a PM with the birthday, etc. info, as well as the photo (in case there's still time to get it in this year). Don't feel like you have to use it if it doesn't 'match' the rest; we'll get a 'conforming' one for next year's issue!

Renee

1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

Renee,

If you get done in time, come visit us in southern AL at the SKP park in Summerdale. Or, join us for the run to the Tampa RV Show in mid Jan. Or, come over for the mini-rally that will happen sometime this winter. Or, just come visit. We will be at Rainbow Plantation until at LEAST the end of Feb.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

We're keeping an eye on all the different rally dates to see which ones we might be able to do. Would love to come to Alabama; part of it depends on the dates selected, part depends on when Herrin gets the truck done, and part depends on how much driving we feel up to -- looks to be about 600 miles from where we are now.

Renee

Hi Renee, we are sorry we missed you in

Tyler.icon_frown.gif We were staying at the 5 Star RV resort for a couple of days. We are in Livingston at the Escapee Park now. We will be here until about the 10th of Dec. If you come to AZ after the first of the year, we'll be at North Ranch SKP Park in Congress for a few months. Let us know if you are in our area.

Again, WELCOME TO RDBE!!!! and we're looking forward to meeting you in person.