Found a new truck!

13speed

Well all after my deal went south on the truck in St Louis I searched and searched till I found the below truck. 2013 630 D13 i-shift 238-WB 408K for $49K. I am dealing with the GM of the place and find it much more enjoyable than a dip stick salesman. He sent me at least 10 hi-res real camera picks taken in bright sunlight so you can zoom in close as well as 2 walk around videos with the truck running. This truck is amazingly clean. He is also a non smoker and between himself and his secretary both could not detect any smoke smell and by the condition of the interior I believe it. He has 5 of these on his lot and I told him to pick the best one. Well what do you think?

http://DSCN4462_zpsxevevajt.jpg

http://DSCN4464_zpseyjcpbye.jpg

http://DSCN4458_zpssslzzqam.jpg

http://DSCN4470_zps6mnqqbkj.jpg

Chris, Tracey, Aria & Lola

2018 Volvo VNR 400, D13 I-Shift

2018 NH 48' Majestic

The trucking company Jordan Carriers is located in MS. I am pretty sure that this unit stayed down south for most of its time. I am sure they detailed it but I don't think they had to do a ton to it. I looked at pictures of the companies trucks on their facebook page and the pic's from 2015/16 don't look much different then the ones from 2012 when they got them. They were always washed and clean even on the road in driver posted pic's. After the let down from that St Louis truck I learned what to look for a lot better. I really like knowing where it came from and what it did.

I can only do so much homework from my desk but I have a much better feeling about this one. I fly out Saturday and will get to it Monday morning.....fingers crossed!

2018 NH 48' Majestic

I screen shot this from one of the videos. What kept drawing my eye to this was the brake drums. They are not brand new but they are super clean not all rusted like the ones on the St Louis truck that had half the miles. Yes they could be newer but when you look at them along with the rest of it, it becomes pretty clear that this trucks cleanliness is more than just a good detail. Video links below!

http://Screen%20Shot%202016-09-22%20at%2011.00.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pvwnno5vucxmdw9/2013%20Volvo%20VNL630.AVI?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ni553mb9d9pbxdi/2013%20Volvo%20VNL630%202.AVI?dl=0

2018 NH 48' Majestic

Where in Georgia is the truck located? Just wondering as you might be coming thru the neighborhood with it on your way home.

1460 Bankhead Hwy

Carrollton, GA 30116

Not sure if I want to go north through Chattanooga or west through Birmingham. Thoughts?

2018 NH 48' Majestic

1460 Bankhead Hwy

Carrollton, GA 30116

Not sure if I want to go north through Chattanooga or west through Birmingham. Thoughts?

Cool, Carrollton is just 30 mins NW of me. I used to spend a lot of time there.

North thru Chattanooga is a better route. Birmingham can be tough to get around and Alabama has some rough roads.

Funny, I would say just the opposite. I-24 through Chattanooga always seems to get backed up (only 3 lanes) and packed in with traffic any time during day light hours not to mention you have to then also go from Carrollton east on I-20 to I-285 around Atlanta and then I-75 up towards Chattanooga. If it's during the week, chances are you are catching bad traffic in one of those areas. It would really suck if you caught rush hour traffic out of Atlanta on 285 and up 75. That is a horrible drive in rush hour. Atlanta also loves to do major lane closing road construction on the weekends which always screws up traffic somewhere. I-24 also goes over Mont Eagle just outside Chatanooga. Might be a good test on your new HDT, but could be a bit nail biting since you'll just be getting used to it. I just came through I-24 a week or two ago and they were doing road construction on I-24 that had traffic backed up over 1.5hrs. We got off on back roads to avoid it. If you head towards Birmingham, you leave Carrolton via Hwy 27 towards Bremen and get on I-20 at Exit 11. Yes, there is a bad section of I-20 between the AL/GA state line and Anniston they seem to be constantly working on, but B'ham traffic always seems to be way less crazy than fighting both Atlanta traffic on I-20, 285 & 75 plus I-24 through Chattanooga. Chances are you are catching some bad traffic somewhere around Atlanta/Chattanooga regardless of the time you go through there.

If you head out towards B'ham, right on the West side of B'ham off of I-65, you can catch the new I-22 Corridor to Memphis which hooks you up with I-40 towards Oklahoma City or I-55 north to St Louis. I-22 is nice because it's hardly every busy. The I-22 corridor on the B'ham side is complete now and connects with I-65. They still haven't finished the I-22/I-240 connection outside of Memphis, so you end up on Hwy 78 and a few stoplights, but nothing terrible. There's a huge shipping port right outside Memphis that is pretty awesome to see also.

Those are just my thoughts having lived in this area for a long time and frequently doing what ever I can to avoid Atlanta & Chattanooga traffic.

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

Looks like they went all out to make the truck as light as possible. 3 items I can see are the aluminum fifth wheel plate, super singles and fixed fith wheel(no slide). Tanks look smaller than average for the same reason.

I would imagine there are other things on it for the same reason.

Jordan Trucking is a flatbed outfit, and although they were spec'd lightweight so they could max the load, flatbedders frequently run around with practically no weight at all.

I would run the ECM history of several of the trucks. the one with the least amount of idle time and fuel burned is a good candidate.

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

If you go north towards Chattanooga, we are barely in the edge of Georgia where I-24 dips a into Georgia going from Chattanooga to Nashville. About 40 minutes from Monteagle.

Nice steep grades but easily handled with a HDTV. As far as Atlanta goes, make sure you clear Atlanta between 10:00 and 2:00. Same thing for Chattanooga unless you come thru here after 6:00 PM or so.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Cool, Carrollton is just 30 mins NW of me. I used to spend a lot of time there.

Funny, I would say just the opposite. I-24 through Chattanooga always seems to get backed up (only 3 lanes) and packed in with traffic any time during day light hours not to mention you have to then also go from Carrollton east on I-20 to I-285 around Atlanta and then I-75 up towards Chattanooga. If it's during the week, chances are you are catching bad traffic in one of those areas. It would really suck if you caught rush hour traffic out of Atlanta on 285 and up 75. That is a horrible drive in rush hour. Atlanta also loves to do major lane closing road construction on the weekends which always screws up traffic somewhere. I-24 also goes over Mont Eagle just outside Chatanooga. Might be a good test on your new HDT, but could be a bit nail biting since you'll just be getting used to it. I just came through I-24 a week or two ago and they were doing road construction on I-24 that had traffic backed up over 1.5hrs. We got off on back roads to avoid it. If you head towards Birmingham, you leave Carrolton via Hwy 27 towards Bremen and get on I-20 at Exit 11. Yes, there is a bad section of I-20 between the AL/GA state line and Anniston they seem to be constantly working on, but B'ham traffic always seems to be way less crazy than fighting both Atlanta traffic on I-20, 285 & 75 plus I-24 through Chattanooga. Chances are you are catching some bad traffic somewhere around Atlanta/Chattanooga regardless of the time you go through there.

If you head out towards B'ham, right on the West side of B'ham off of I-65, you can catch the new I-22 Corridor to Memphis which hooks you up with I-40 towards Oklahoma City or I-55 north to St Louis. I-22 is nice because it's hardly every busy. The I-22 corridor on the B'ham side is complete now and connects with I-65. They still haven't finished the I-22/I-240 connection outside of Memphis, so you end up on Hwy 78 and a few stoplights, but nothing terrible. There's a huge shipping port right outside Memphis that is pretty awesome to see also.

Those are just my thoughts having lived in this area for a long time and frequently doing what ever I can to avoid Atlanta & Chattanooga traffic.

Thank you for the play by play :D I will study it before I leave the dealership! i am a professional trucker! we never bite our nails :lol:.....Yea right!

Looks like they went all out to make the truck as light as possible. 3 items I can see are the aluminum fifth wheel plate, super singles and fixed fith wheel(no slide). Tanks look smaller than average for the same reason.

I would imagine there are other things on it for the same reason.

Jordan Trucking is a flatbed outfit, and although they were spec'd lightweight so they could max the load, flatbedders frequently run around with practically no weight at all.

I would run the ECM history of several of the trucks. the one with the least amount of idle time and fuel burned is a good candidate.

They did spend a few bucks on some lighter parts for sure. They will work just fine for me. I am not sure about the supers though. I have read good and bad about them. I could sell all 4 and get a nice set of 4 new regulars. I like the smaller tanks. The other truck that fell through had 75's which would give me 1K plus distance and these 100's will take me even farther. I don't want to pay to drive carry 300 gal's all over. It takes fuel to pull all that fuel and I am sure that is what they were thinking.

If you go north towards Chattanooga, we are barely in the edge of Georgia where I-24 dips a into Georgia going from Chattanooga to Nashville. About 40 minutes from Monteagle.

Nice steep grades but easily handled with a HDTV. As far as Atlanta goes, make sure you clear Atlanta between 10:00 and 2:00. Same thing for Chattanooga unless you come thru here after 6:00 PM or so.

Good god! Atlanta sounds as bad as Portland :( When I get my Spaceship :D next year I am going to spend a lot of time avoiding society and its big cities :) I need a break!!!

2018 NH 48' Majestic

13 Great looking truck. Hope you have safe trip getting there and a real safe trip getting back. Keep it between the white lines! Pat

The Old Sailor

Thank you sir! I hope this truck is the one because my wife and I cant deal with or afford any more of these "discovery" trips :mellow:

2018 NH 48' Majestic

Archived