Furniture Upgrade

Don't know if this is the right spot for this. Where is the best place in the Southwest to get furniture for the RV? We are currently in So TX till March then making our way to Southern Utah for the Summer.

<p>Greg and AggieLife is what happens when you're making plans to do something else !

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

2006 Country Coach Inspire 360

We went to Hudson furniture here in Ocala, Fl. As Mariner states you do not need to stick with RV furniture, which is very limited. Bungee cords do a great job of holding furniture in place. If you are concerned that the furniture is not bolted down, just think, most of the RV specific Euro recliners are not bolted down either.

GS Lifetime #822128658, FMCA #F431170

2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Extended Class B

Even with your RV being towed, it is wise to consider ways to fasten it down at least for travel. In an emergency stop you really don't want your RV's interior redesigned.... I don't know that I'd go quite to the extent done in a motorhome where people ride in the interior, but at the same time you still don't want things flying about.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I do not know an RV furniture outlet in your area. I did do a fair amount of research in this area, and like with the replacement faucet discussion going on in another thread right now, regular residential product is the way to go. Lazyboy is mentioned often but almost any brand chair or sofa that has a reclining function breaks down to two pieces by remvong the back. After shopping we went with furniture made by the Best furniture company. They have a residential line which is not as bulky as others and looks more at thome in a small residential space. A lot of the anxiety about getting residential furniture comes from buying it without knowing it will fit through the door. We took the advice found here online and agreed with a local retailer to a purchase of leather furniture upon condition THEY can get it into the RV. Our salesman said they typically do not even have a problem with chairs etc that do not come apart provided there is not an obstruction, cabinet etc, immediately after you enter the RV door. Remember also that the RV windows can be removed.

Dave and Lana Hasper

I bought my desk chair at IKEA. Very comfortable. It bungies to my desk for travel.

In our previous RV the Euro chair was fastened to the floor but the ottoman wasn't. The ottoman just got turned over into the seat of the chair where it stayed quite well.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Most of our furniture is loose and seems to stay put okay. One small table gets layed down for travel and loose stuff is stowed.

The dining table has tipped over twice in hard stops but no damage. I agree about the La-Z-Boy store. For the most part, you

don't need any special furniture in an RV and we've gotten rid of several such pieces. Just get what you like or, more specifically,

what DW likes.

Russ

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have read that some of the RV surplus stores ship. Or it may be worth a detour to the stores. Good luck on your search. Please share what you find out about sources.

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

Good question... have wondered the same myself. But followup question for those who have replaced stuff (maybe appliances too?) On larger pieces, have they all gone in through the door? Thinking about a Class A DP and the passenger seat there and 90 degree turn... would think that would present a real problem for a refrigerator replacement or the larger couches which I'm guessing were on the floor in the unit before the last wall? Just wondering.

Cheers,

Don

We might have been able to get stuff through the door of our fivers but it was much easier to just open a window and pass the stuff (multiple chairs, couch, 2 fridges and a range) through it. If you have tiny windows that isn't an option although we knew one couple that had their motorhome windshield removed to get a couch they really wanted inside.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Our LaZBoy recliners have the removable backs, which made it a piece of cake to go through the door. The residential fridge was a different story. Had to go through a side window. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Fulltiming since 2010

2000 Dutch Star

2009 Saturn Vue

Myrtle Beach, SC

Archived