Lost Absentee Ballot

Has anyone else had trouble getting their absentee ballot from Polk County? I never received mine, so I called the county and they said it was mailed out on the 13th of Oct. I verified that they mailed it to the correct address. But it never got here. They won't send a duplicate unless the original is returned by the post office. So they said the only thing I can do is show up and vote in person.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

Jim

Jim
SKP: 99693
If you think you can, or you think you can't. . . you are probably right (Henry Ford)
2014 Dodge 4WD Dually
1998 Carriage LS-341

Polk county sent our absentee ballots to the wrong address. We mailed in the form on where to send them in LA. After some time I called to confirm they had received the address and they did confirm the address in LA. They sent them to the address we were at fro the Primary election. We found them as the place called us and asked where to send them.

I guess the folks working in the ballot mailing area are not the sharpest knives in the drawer... maybe I was in the wrong party for them.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

It was the US Postal Service that messed us up... said our son's address in Knoxville, TN, didn't exist. Polk County was nice enough to call in time for us to get things straightened out.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

TXiceman, when you filled out for the primary election, did you notice if you said you were doing an annual request? We do, and then we never have to worry about it for the rest of the year. It goes to our Livingston address and them email us to tell us it is in. Then we have them send the mail on to us. But by electing a to do annual, they put it in the system with the same address to be used for all elections. That might have been how it got sent to the wrong address.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Barb, they showed the correct address when I called them, but they sent it to the out of date address.

Next year we will do the annual and use the escapees address to be forwarded.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

As reported earlier the last Ballots were to mailed out Oct 29. I must be one of that batch as I have all my mail on or before Oct 28. I will call Mail Service tomorrow and hopefully will have a ballot to mail at a price. My Primary Ballot last spring, also came just before the dead line requiring extra $$ for return mailing.

I had called the Early voting Clerk, Sept 30 and was told that I had filed the right form correctly, last Jan-Feb to automatically received the General Election Absentee Ballot. Also at that time they were just starting the mail out procedure.

With Luck and and a Prayer I will be able to vote.

Having been in Texas 4 times in the last 12 months, Maybe I will have to plan my visits to vote.

Clay

SKP#116305

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

Part 2 of my story. Talked to Escapee mail service this morning, NO BALLOT. and per their handling methods, none was ever received as their method is to send an Email when received for further instruction.

I called Polk County (936 327-6805) and they tell me the ballot was mailed Oct 3. My only recourse to vote is be in Texas Nov 8 and send an Email to Polk County saying I never received my ballot. Also if received and as voted upon, the ballot would be invalid. CORRUPTION

My big question is this a bigger problem.

Clay

I once received an absentee ballot a couple of months after the election. It was severely damaged and had been taped up with a PO label added stating it was "Damaged in transit". Must have been stuck in a sorting machine or something...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

• 3 months later...

Part 3 of my story. This week I tried to find out more on the reason

Part 2 of my story. Talked to Escapee mail service this morning, NO BALLOT. and per their handling methods, none was ever received as their method is to send an Email when received for further instruction.

I called Polk County Clerk (936 327-6805) and they tell me the ballot was mailed Oct 3. The County Clerks office would looking into the matter.

Part 3 of my story, Still no Ballot so I did some calling being told the people I called for was on lunch break or out of the office this week or today. I would then ask if they could help.

In bit & pieces I was told that the missing ballot count may 100-200. The addressee's address were random through out the county and ??. It was not a D or R related but both parties. Some Postmaster is be investigating but Livingston or Houston??

Next week I hope to hear more or hope to hear from the correct source to validate the above to fact of friction.

Clay Escapee # 116305

• 1 month later...

I'm not letting this matter die yet. I was told last month that the States Atty was to looking looking into the matter. Next week I'm to be in the Austin area and maybe I can can get more info. I haven't able to find anything on the internet but I don't know if I looking in the right place.

I still like the old forum that had the signatures, Mutiquotes.

Clay

I got my ballot for the Nov. but I did not get the one for the primary. This was the first time since I was an SKP which was 20 years ago his month. I am not sure where the problem was.

Once years ago I renewed my drivers license early in Livingston and the new one never got issued. The problem turned out to be the state.

Archived