Have a Samsung Galaxy Note 7?

skp51443

If you do you might want to read up on the battery issues and put it in a fire-proof spot to charge.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/09/09/florida_man_burned_by_samsung/

Samsung's ill-fated Galaxy Note 7 is once again being blamed for causing a serious fire.

A man in St Petersburg, Florida, claims that while charging inside his truck, the phablet combusted and caused a massive blaze that totalled his Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Lydia Dornacher told Tampa Bay news station Fox 13 that she and her husband Nathan were attending a Labor Day garage sale Monday morning when he plugged the Note 7 into the truck's center console to recharge.

The family said that while they were away, the Note 7 caught fire inside the car.

The blaze was discovered when the couple's daughter and family service dog returned to find the Jeep engulfed in flames.

There is a recall in effect so you might want to get yours swapped out ASAP.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

little over 2 weeks ago. i was in walmart an looking at there totalwireless they were selling, an heard about how good the note 7 was. i was impressed on pic quality, features, then a week after kaboom. well so much for wanted one of those.

2000 Itasca Horizon DP (Got Total During Irma). 

Vice President of Charlotte County Defenders LE MC

http://charlotte.defenderslemc.com/

If you do you might want to read up on the battery issues and put it in a fire-proof spot to charge.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/09/09/florida_man_burned_by_samsung/

There is a recall in effect so you might want to get yours swapped out ASAP.

They do not have any good product to SWAP out. I think, if you want that size, you will have to go to another brand. If smaller is okay, Samsung has something for you right now

The stylus is a key factor for me. The Galaxy 7 and Galaxy 7 Edge do not. That really limits the market. I would prefer to wait with my Note 7 until Samsung has a replacement Note 7.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

The stylus is a key factor for me. The Galaxy 7 and Galaxy 7 Edge do not. That really limits the market. I would prefer to wait with my Note 7 until Samsung has a replacement Note 7.

My Note 5 has a stylus and I love it. Maybe request a Note 5 as a temp until the 7 is fixed and back on the market.

Ed

KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, RV Flex Armor Roof

The loan is an option that Samsung offers in their email, but not Verizon, at least not on the webpage. If Verizon offers a loan of a Note 5 pending the new Note 7, I might consider that.

Mark & Dale
www.dmbruss.com

We do have one got it the day it came out. We are on the list for a new G7 and are advised it should be before the end of the month. We were also advised that the fire while charging was when using after market chargers that did not shut down after the phone was fully charged. we are dealing with Best Buy.

38 failures out of 2.5 million phone are pretty good odds.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Today, under pressure from the other person in the RV, I took my Note 7 to the Verizon store and switched it out for a Note 5 pending the release of the improved the Note 7. I was willing to stick in there until the direct replacement was ready. But what Mama wants, Mama gets.

While we were at Verizon, we also upgraded Mama from a Galaxy S5 to a Galaxy S7.

Mark & Dale
www.dmbruss.com

We understand as per best buy they will have the new G7 note by Sept 16th.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Picked up a replacement Note 7 yesterday and the world is good again. The Note 5 was okay but is wasn't a Note 7.

Mark & Dale
www.dmbruss.com

• 2 weeks later...

I find this entire thing quite entertaining! Does anyone remember how wonderful the bag-phones were when they were introduced? :lol:

I wonder what the effect would be if your phone were to burn up the RV, after a recall has been issued and they could demonstrate it?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Kirk, Several lawyers would be able to make some nice money. You'd likely get a coupon for $10 off your next RV purchase.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

The replacement Note 7 got a little warm on the initial charge. After that it has been a cool cucumber. Samsung only got about 70 percent returns so that are a bunch of owners who chose to ignore the recall.

Mark & Dale
www.dmbruss.com

It is a S7 Edge. Very fast, Camera is sharper, Battery lasts longer. Display is almost the size of a Note 7.

Mark & Dale
www.dmbruss.com

We had the old phone that burst into flame but it did not burst into flame and now we have the replacement that is not supposed to burst into flame and so it goes.

• 3 weeks later...

I think everyone should buy any phone they want to, consistent with their tolerance for risk

I have owned iPhones since the came out in 2007, but I also have owned Apple stock for longer than that. I have a high level of positive regard for the company.

The second Note 7 went back to Verizon because the texts demanding return got pretty hard. I have a Note 5 now. I am getting pretty good at switching phones: Note 2, Note 7, Note 5, Note 7, Note 5.

I'll have to wait until whatever Samsung comes out with to replace the Note 7 which probably won't be called a Note.

Mark & Dale
www.dmbruss.com

We do have one got it the day it came out. We are on the list for a new G7 and are advised it should be before the end of the month. We were also advised that the fire while charging was when using after market chargers that did not shut down after the phone was fully charged. we are dealing with Best Buy.

38 failures out of 2.5 million phone are pretty good odds.

Unless you are one of the 38 ....

2017 KZ Durango Gold 381REF, 8K morRYDE IS, Disc brakes, 17.5" Hi Spec Aluminum Wheels w Goodyear G114 H rated tires

2016 F350 King Ranch DRW, 3.73, 4x4, Super Duty Crew Cab, 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel.

26,760 CGVW

Archived