Dumb Question About Litter Boxes

Cat baths are a piece of cake.

Grab the cat.

Put a tablespoon of detergent like Dawn in the toilet.

Dropthecatinthetoiletandslamthelidonhimandsitonthelid.

(No need for an agitator - the cat will do a fine job without one)

Give him 2 minutes for a complete wash.

Flush to rinse.

Possibly flush again for a second rinse.

Liftthelidandstepoutofthebathroomandclosethedoor.

Give him 30 minutes or so to dry off and get comfortable.

All finished. :)

And you are still alive after going to sleep that night???? All the cats we have had would have clawed us to pieces as soon as we went to sleep that night! :D

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

We'd vacuum our cat after he did a dust roll but rarely bathed him. Last time I remember doing it was after he got in roofing compound and we had to comb it out using mineral spirits followed by several soapy washes and a blow-dry. He was so miserable and sick from licking the tarry compound he didn't put up much of a struggle.

We did soak him in cool water when we were in hot country and had no air conditioning, he was perfectly happy to get rubbed down with a sopping wet cool towel.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Why give a cat a bath? Here is a true story.

Many years ago, my son has a young Siamese cat who liked to sit on the bathroom sink or toilet lid while he washed up. One day, he used the toilet, got up, and before he could flush, the cat jumped on what she thought was the closed lid and landed in the toilet. Then jumped out. Soiled cat ran around apartment with son in pursuit.

He said it was an immediate shower for both of them! With shampoo for the cat, of course, and a lot of soap and shampoo for him.

Had 3 cats, but one died so now we have only two. We have never ever had an odor. People come in and don't even know we have cats. The litter box is under the desk in the living room. We use a litter box with a "lid" and a clumping litter, picking out the clumps daily.

Trish & Raquel

--------

"Road Runner" -- 2005 Volvo VNL780, 500hp Cummins ISX, Ultra-Shift, ET-Hitch, 198" wb

"Wile E." -- 2013 Heartland Landmark San Antonio

My wife has a mild cat dander allergy. We got a kitten and do once a week baths. The kitten is now 13 years old, hates the baths, but does not fight them. My wife still gets symptoms of her allergy while visiting other places with cats, but no problem in our motorhome. One downside is mice do not smell the cat, so they get in. The cat will kill them if she can, but it is still no fun having mice get in.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't tried much else other than the stuff in the green box sold at Costco. I tried a Walmart product but it was definitely inferior.

The litter box resides in the truck's back seat (seat removed for storage, so it sits on the floor). Those are close quarters!

The Costco product is clumping and it flat out works.

However, when they were kittens, it was a different story. Different biology, I guess. When they went, we knew it!

As they got older, that changed. No odors now.

We only have one now. . .going on 12 years.

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

Archived