Your 10 Favorite RV Accessories?

7.3diesel

#1 - electric cork screw by Sharper Image, because a manual is so 20th century and wine is the necessity at the end of any RVing day when watching the sunset or the person across the park trying to get into the last small spot.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Water pressure regulator, park pressures can be too high

Carbon block and particulate filter, keep as much crud as possible out of my RV

Dedicated faucet/filter for the kitchen for the cleanest drinking/cooking water possible without an RO system

Snap connectors for the water hoses and accessories, easier than threaded ones

If a fiver wheel locks, reduce rig motion

Slide toppers, reduce heat gain

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

That's a tough one and 2 of my top have already been mentioned. (Power tongue jack and snap connectors)

1. Oxygenics shower head. Increases effective water pressure and reduces consumption.

2. Water pump accumulator tank. Reduces pump run time.

3. LED fixtures from Starlights. Love all the customizable fixture modules. (night lights, day/night sensors, dimmers)

4. Valterra sewer solutions. Beats out the uphill dump stations.

5. Cyclone black tank vent thingamabob. Helps keep unwanted smells out of the rig.

6. Maxxair II vent covers. Great airflow in inclemental weather.

7. Stove and oven electronic ignitor. No more hands and knees trying to light the oven pilot light.

8. O.C. awning poles with tie downs. Permanently mounted adjustable awning poles.

9. Clear view door window kit. Tinted window allows you to see out the door window, but not in.... much.

10. Bal X-chocks. Inexpensive way to really stabilize your rig.

Gotta throw an 11 in there too.. Extend-a-shower rod. Pops out to allow more shower room and pops in when not in use. Great for drip drying over the shower pan.

Not in any particular order:

1. Electric tongue jack

2. Sleep Number bed

3. Kuerig Coffee Maker

4. Nook

5. Residential Refrigerator

6. Dual Cam Hitch

7. Ram 3500 Dually Tow Vehicle

8. Big Screen TV

9. Reading Lamps above bed

10. EZ Lube axles

Camping Rig:

2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins

2006 Outback 27 RSDS

Two rescue dogs: A Catahoula mix & a Chihuahua mix.

Fulltimer since 2006

Not in any order.

Water softener and appropriate pre filters

Quick disconnects for hoses

LED lighting

HDTV

BBQ

Jeep and local off road maps

TV4RV satellite dish tripod

Full time since August 2010

2002 Itasca Horizon

One fur kid - a Shih-Tsu rescue

Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd

As Kirk stated....absolutely number ONE is automatic levelers.

Next, not in order:

* Cruise Control

* Back up camera

* Electric steps (automatic)

* Outside LP gas hook up with ~20' hose

* Awning, as well as awnings on windows

* Thermopane windows

* AC

* Outside music speakers

* Automatic hot water heater switch from inside

NOTE: I am (70) years old and have back and leg troubles, so my views may not represent the younger crowd. :)

Cheers,

Bob

1989 Safari Serengeti 34'
Towing a 1952 M38A1 Military Willys

Past HDT owner

Water pressure regulator, park pressures can be too high

Carbon block and particulate filter, keep as much crud as possible out of my RV

Dedicated faucet/filter for the kitchen for the cleanest drinking/cooking water possible without an RO system

Snap connectors for the water hoses and accessories, easier than threaded ones

If a fiver wheel locks, reduce rig motion

Slide toppers, reduce heat gain

Any brand suggestions for water pressure regulator, carbon blocks & water filters? I'm looking to get all this stuff within the next week or so. Thanks in advance.

That's a tough one and 2 of my top have already been mentioned. (Power tongue jack and snap connectors)

1. Oxygenics shower head. Increases effective water pressure and reduces consumption.

2. Water pump accumulator tank. Reduces pump run time.

3. LED fixtures from Starlights. Love all the customizable fixture modules. (night lights, day/night sensors, dimmers)

4. Valterra sewer solutions. Beats out the uphill dump stations.

5. Cyclone black tank vent thingamabob. Helps keep unwanted smells out of the rig.

6. Maxxair II vent covers. Great airflow in inclemental weather.

7. Stove and oven electronic ignitor. No more hands and knees trying to light the oven pilot light.

8. O.C. awning poles with tie downs. Permanently mounted adjustable awning poles.

9. Clear view door window kit. Tinted window allows you to see out the door window, but not in.... much.

10. Bal X-chocks. Inexpensive way to really stabilize your rig.

Gotta throw an 11 in there too.. Extend-a-shower rod. Pops out to allow more shower room and pops in when not in use. Great for drip drying over the shower pan.

Epic post Yarome, thanks. :)

1. Does Oxygenics make a shower head with a water filter installed?

8. "O.C. awning poles with tie downs. Permanently mounted adjustable awning poles." How do these help you out?

9. Any advice on which clear view door window kit?

10. Bal X-chocks: do you lock yours with a padlock? How much do they weigh?

Thanks in advance! :)

Blue Ox Tow Bar. (Can't be without our toad) Dave.

2006 Coachmen Aurora 36ft. Class A motor home. 2009 Honda CRV toad. "Snowbirds" apprx. 6 mos. each year. Travelling to the SW each winter than returning to Wi. each summer. Retired and enjoying our travels along with Buddy the cat.

Epic post Yarome, thanks. :)

1. Does Oxygenics make a shower head with a water filter installed?

8. "O.C. awning poles with tie downs. Permanently mounted adjustable awning poles." How do these help you out?

9. Any advice on which clear view door window kit?

10. Bal X-chocks: do you lock yours with a padlock? How much do they weigh?

Thanks in advance! :)

1. Not that I am aware of. I just use one of the blue in line filters when filling my fresh water which has proven adequate.

8. The awning poles really help to relieve stress off the auto awning arms. I'm able to keep my awning open during stronger winds in conjunction with the poles and tie downs. It's nice not to have to run out in the middle of the night and retract the awning with every little bit of weather. They are self storing and pretty light weight so extremely easy to deploy.

9. I bought mine though campingworld, but it was pretty darn expensive.. like $120 bucks. If I was at home I would have just gone to my local glass shop and probably could have got away with $30-40 for the same piece of tinted glass. Sure makes a difference being able to see out your front door though.

10. I do have padlocks for my X-chocks but I haven't really used them. If I was in a CG I probably would just because folks know what they are and they are easy enough to make off with, but I'm pretty much a backwoods boondocker and folks just don't come out trolling the forest roads looking for a quick steal. I think they are around 4-5 pounds a piece. I didn't buy the bal padlocks though for $10 bucks a pop. Just a couple of the master locks that I use around my rig that are all keyed alike.

I hope that proves helpful. ~Cheers!!

Well, I agree all of the about are nice to have but I looked at this from a different perspective. I suggest the following for consideration as must have items,

Cell phone

Credit card

$500 cash

Emergency Roadside Assistance contract

CB radio

fire extinguishers in truck and rig basement

second spare tire for 5er

TPMS system

jug of extra DEF for truck

Kimber Custom 45 ACP model 1911

some of you may not need some of these(like DEF) or want some of these but I prefer to have these when we travel the country in our rig, Best Wishes, Jay

2015 Continental Coach Elegance by Forks RV, 41'; 2015 FL M2 112, DD 13, by 2L Custom Trucks; Trailer Saver air hitch; '48 Navigoddess with a Rand McNally GPS

Any brand suggestions for water pressure regulator, carbon blocks & water filters? I'm looking to get all this stuff within the next week or so. Thanks in advance.

Pressure regulator? A Watts unit, N55B or 263A. Get a pressure gage, maybe two if you want to see inlet and outlet pressures.

We used Sears housings and filters, both the block carbon and the string wound particulate one, these days I'd get something from the RV Water Filter Store or just piece together the bits locally. NOT CLEAR housings though unless they will be in a dark space, any sun and you'll likely get a crop of crud.

https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/

Their assorted fittings and hoses are great too.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

I dont have one yet but I'm thinking an electric awning would be nice.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

1. Solar panels along with the best MPPT charge controller I can find;

2. Smart shore power charger/converter;

3. EMS;

4. Satellite TV;

5. PacBrake;

6. Banks Stinger Package;

7. LED flat panel HDTV fore and aft;

8. 10 gallon hot water heater (on my list);

9. AGM battery bank (on my list);

10. Apartment-sized refrigerator (on my list);

Our 21-year old Foretravel U225 (the "entry level" coach) has a lot of the stuff on the other lists out-of-the-box (cruise-control, pressure water accumulator, leveling jacks, etc.).

WDR

1993 Foretravel U225 with Pacbrake and 5.9 Cummins with Banks

1999 Jeep Wrangler, 4" lift and 33" tires

Raspberry Pi Coach Computer

Ham Radio

Jacks

DataStorm Dish

HN7000S modem

Travl'er SWM antenna

VMSpc monitor

Tire Sensors & Monitor

Banks PowerPack

Genie + 3 more DTV receivers

4 Led & LCD TV's plus 1 analog TV

Real stand along Ice Maker

1.5 Cu Ft Portable Freezer

Desktop PC

Laptop PC

iPad

Slow Cooker

Plus many more

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Here is our list:

tripod from TV4RV and fold up dish and mount for ladder for dish

TPMS

electric awning

catalytic heater

large toaster oven

switch by bed to turn on heat in morning, don't need to get out of bed

hydraulic front jacks and slideouts

Motorola little yellow radios

blinds instead of shades

Well, I agree all of the about are nice to have but I looked at this from a different perspective. I suggest the following for consideration as must have items,

Cell phone

Credit card

$500 cash

CB radio

TPMS system

some of you may not need some of these(like DEF) or want some of these but I prefer to have these when we travel the country in our rig, Best Wishes, Jay

Are you a fellow ZH?

:)

No, not at all. Not into the "Prepper" thing or the Zombie stuff. Just worry about the "what ifs" when we travel in the rig or camp in some strange CG. Being broken down and stranded somewhere is not a pleasant thought so I do like to be able to get help and protect myself, Best wishes, Jay

2015 Continental Coach Elegance by Forks RV, 41'; 2015 FL M2 112, DD 13, by 2L Custom Trucks; Trailer Saver air hitch; '48 Navigoddess with a Rand McNally GPS

Cell phone

Credit card

$500 cash

CB radio

TPMS system

Not enough 1911's and you also need a good ammo load....

I usually have an Ed Brown on me where ever I go. It limits the states I can travel in to those that have reciprocity with Georgia or those that allow vehicle carry but that doesn't bother me a bit.....

Other than that, we sound a lot alike in our load out. You did forget 2 spare sets of fuel filters, one spare oil filer, tow strap, a well equipped toolbox as well as plenty of fluids for everything. I learned a long time ago that Mr Murphy was alive and well and that the bugger spent a lot of time riding on my shoulder. It's not if it will go wrong but when and how bad...not to mention I have helped a few others out that didn't prepare as well

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Archived