HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

4 hours ago, JGWALES said:

We arrived on Quartzsite Az . Hoping to enjoy the winter here. Saw another HDT come into town yesterday. Looked like they were headed out to BLM

Howdy JGWALES,

There has been a gathering of HDT's in the LTVA ( BLM ) camp ground a few miles south of Quartszite at the "La Posa South" LTVA, for the last 6 years.  Most camp in an area about a half mile southeast of the dump/water/trash station.  We have had as many 26 rigs at one time and there are usually 5-10 that spend most of the winter there.  With luck we will arrive around mid December barring trees falling on our home again like last year.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy JGWALES,

There has been a gathering of HDT's in the LTVA ( BLM ) camp ground a few miles south of Quartszite at the "La Posa South" LTVA, for the last 6 years.  Most camp in an area about a half mile southeast of the dump/water/trash station.  We have had as many 26 rigs at one time and there are usually 5-10 that spend most of the winter there.  With luck we will arrive around mid December barring trees falling on our home again like last year.

Dave

Dave, 

Don't park under trees and you shouldn't have to worry about it unless you are super unlucky and have a "Tree Magnet" for a home. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

11 hours ago, lappir said:

Dave, 

Don't park under trees and you shouldn't have to worry about it unless you are super unlucky and have a "Tree Magnet" for a home. 

Rod

Howdy Rod,

Our home is surrounded by trees, this is the mess we had last November about two weeks before we had planed to head south.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Trees-down-on-our-house/i-rNMkftb/0/f343105b/XL/IMG_5359-XL.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Trees-down-on-our-house/i-mZCLPTz/0/26d848e0/XL/IMG_5364-XL.jpg

We had four trees fall on the house and garage, needed new roofs on both buildings.

Sorry for the links, can't figure out how to load photos the way they used to load on this site.

Dave

Edited by mr. cob

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

57 minutes ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Rod,

Our home is surrounded by trees, this is the mess we had last November about two weeks before we had planed to head south.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Trees-down-on-our-house/i-rNMkftb/0/f343105b/XL/IMG_5359-XL.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Trees-down-on-our-house/i-mZCLPTz/0/26d848e0/XL/IMG_5364-XL.jpg

We had four trees fall on the house and garage, needed new roofs on both buildings.

Sorry for the links, can't figure out how to load photos the way they used to load on this site.

Dave

NO fun for sure. Won't have to worry about four of the trees now eh?

Might be time to do a little additional thinning of the forest for home safety. You might get a break on the insurance too. 

http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=2 

Here's the link I use I think Jack Mayer put it out there for us to use. You might be able to "Drag and Drop" but I use select. I have an old Picasa program where I can "Copy full Path", but here lately I've been able to just find the photo in "Pictures" and double clicking to upload to the RV.NET:Photo Posting (which is what shows in my status bar now). 

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/KvQBtHvl.jpg[/IMG] This is what you copy and paste, but then you have to remove the first 5 characters and the last six, to get this.

KvQBtHvl.jpg

I paste the link, backspace 6, hit home, delete 5 hit end and enter and voila the photo appears. 

Good luck. 

The legs looked a lot better when cooked and the toothpicks made it so they didn't fall out of the rack when I moved them from the kitchen to the smoker. First time I dropped half onto the tray. Thankfully I had a tray or they would have hit the ground. One on the first cook wouldn't stay hanging, so it got over cooked lying right on the bottom rack. This time they all stayed in place. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Thanks guys, for reminding me.  I have been forgetting to post updates in this area for quite awhile now.

Our travels this year were from TX to OK to TN to NC to NJ to NY to PA to OH to MI to NC to FL.  We are currently on our way back to TX. Today we should leave FL and cross into AL.

I can’t say enough about the short visit we had with Rick and Susan.  We even got to see their beautiful house.  Thank you, thank you!

About LAST year and the year before, I have some travel videos on Rumble if anyone is interested.  I’ll warn you the music track is lame since I had to use free music.

Soo Saint Marie looking toward Canada.

N2yThK4l.jpg

Key West looking toward Cuba.

VZcVtjgl.jpg

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

19 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy JGWALES,

Dave

If any HDT  people are out here in Quartzsite please PM info to me. We would like to meet up with one or a group of you. 

Not on the road, but will be in a few days, heading for Mississippi for a couple weeks.

And thank you Kevin for the kind words.  It was a pleasure having you stop bye.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

On 10/23/2023 at 10:04 AM, mr. cob said:

Howdy JGWALES,

Dave

This Sunday  there is a BIG Halloween party in that exact area at the Big tent. Open to Everyone out there. Starts at 5 pm. 

• 2 weeks later...

Arrived at our winter home in the RGV about an hour ago. 
Rig mostly intact. 
Marriage mostly intact. 

Funny how our long lost friends seem so relaxed and slowed down.  I think I can relax a bit now and soak up the vibe.  Next year we are taking the road much slower.  Probably most of the summer will be spent near the Great Lakes. 
Beer O’clock now. 

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We arrived at Skyline Ranch in Bandera, TX yesterday.  We'll be here for a month, then meander back towards Cincinnati.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

• 4 weeks later...

Sitting around at happy hour with new friends, one fellow mentions he was working in a campground up in north-east TX several years ago,  and someone with a champagne colored Volvo with trailer to match came in, and took the truck to a nearby town to have a bed built.  Sure sounds like Brad and Jacylin (sp?) to me....

Our rigs get noticed.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN