Parks Canada free pass

Nigel

For Canada's 150th birthday Parks Canada is issuing free passes for 2017 admission to all their sites. Camping fees are not included. Just do a search and you will find it. I don't know how to link the page on the iPad.

Nigel

2006 Volvo VNL 430, 2006 smart cabrio cdi, 2000 Triple E Topaz 30'

FYI to all those looking at this pas.

It is not for any Canadian Campground!!!!

It if only for the National Parks of Canada.

They will not work in the Provincial or private campgrounds.

Not many National parks in Ontario 5 I can think of. 4 for camping and 1 for bird watching.

So make sure you are heading to a National park with the free pass before you head out.

Kevin

• 1 month later...

Just received mine. Pretty enticing! As mentioned.. it doesn't cover camping fees, but does offer discounts at some locations. Passport America might still give more of a discount though. 15% discount on merchandise (if that's your thing). Good for around 148 national parks, marine conservation areas, national urban parks and historical sites.

It also puts you in a drawing for a 7-day trip for four to Western Newfoundland, 1 of 3 weekend getaways and other miscellaneous.

I hadn't really thought too much about it before, but sure sounds like a great way to spend the summer hitting some of those places I normally haven't stopped.. or would have been willing to pay to visit.

<<God gave us shin bones so we could find trailer hitches in the dark. >>

You made me laugh out loud...........

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Note that to book sites in the Parks Canada campgrounds, you have to use the Parks Canada reservation service.

http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/voyage-travel/reserve.aspx

The various campgrounds opened up for reservations on various dates in January. It was like ticketmaster for a Taylor Swift concert. countdown clock, you had better have done your homework on what sites work for you, hit "reserve" and it went from 385 sites available to 4 in about one minute. We had 4 people on 4 laptops all hitting reserve at the same time (and two other familes doing the same thing in various states). We were fortunate enough to get all the spots we needed in the various parks we wanted over 4 days of booking at 8 am CT.

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

We booked every Cdn long weekend this summer in Banff. You had me laughing as I had three pc's wrapped around me hitting reserve at 8:00 am opening day and missed 2 out 4 spots I was trying to get. Enjoy your travels up to Canada. :)

Yup, we had 4, got Banff, Jasper, and Waterton.

If you are in Banff for one of the Cdn long weekends let us know!

sure thing. We have family reunion in Waterton every 3 years. DW's fam is from Lethbridge/Raymond/Cardston/Calgary.

Howdy Nigel,

Thanks for posting this information, I sent away for the pass now we need to plan a trip up nort. :D

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Archived