We had a good run but it is time to move on

Thank you so very much Stan for all you have done for this forum.

Safe Travels to you! Also, Thanks so much for your service to our country. You will be missed!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

It happens when we started this adventure in 2006 we figured 5 to 7 years on the road and 2017 will be year 11th. We are slowing down and health issues are increasing. We did not sell our S &B but chose the long time lifestyle instead so going off the road will be a smooth transition. We are still hanging in and will do so as long as we can.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Stan,

Thanks for walking me through the process of posting photos on the site. Would have taken my way longer to figure it out without your help.

Best to you and your's.

Later,

J

2012 Landmark, San Antonio

2013 Silverado CC, 3500HD, Duramax, DRW, 4x4

Backup, side and hitch cameras, Tireminder TPMS

We have many fond memories of folks that have helped us and others that we have helped, something we treasure and always will.

Thanks for the kind words.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Thank you again for your service Master Sargent!

After a few months of reading Escapees forum, it was easy to get a feel of those that knew their stuff. You sir, knew your stuff!

I can't tell you how many times as I researched an issue, I'd find a response by you that helped me sort things out.

So remember your posts will continue to help those of us still coming up the learning curve, for years ahead.

Now, if you'd just get a 'How To' book written and out to us rookies - can I suggest E Book:)!

All my best to you,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

remember your posts will continue to help those of us still coming up the learning curve, for years ahead.

Only if Escapees keeps them archived. Some older posts disappeared without warning. Thus, I support the idea of Stan compiling an ebook of his advice given over the years.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Best wishes to you both. Your post reminded me of the thread Kirk started about when to hang up the keys. Your sage advice is greatly appreciated. I hope you can continue to update your VA hospital thread, as I continue to send links to it to all my representatives-both state and federal.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Thanks Stan for all the help you have given us during our full-timing life. Many times I have said " wonder what Stan would have done", when I faced the inevitable problems you find on the road. Your dedication to the cause has helped many of us "keep on truckin"! Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Been a while since we've posted anything, but we'd like to say thanks Stan for all the tips and tricks that helped us when we joined The Class of 2006.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

• 1 month later...

Stan -- We've so enjoyed your advice, and particularly your sense of humor, over our 10+ years of fulltiming (and before). When we purchased your 38' Automate in July 2006, we fell in love with it. We had anticipated keeping it for a couple years & then maybe moving up to something with a bedroom slide. We kept it for 4 completely trouble-free years because we simply couldn't find anything we liked better. Your attention to detail was revealed to us on a daily basis; you thought of little things that made so much sense but that wouldn't have occurred to us. We eventually built a New Horizons when the economy was struggling & we could get somewhat of a discount. But it took a long, long time to stop missing the Automate -- it was a beautiful, quality unit (& we appreciated the clean look from the minimum number of decals to get cracked & ugly!)

So thanks not only for the advice & humor in your posts, but for providing us with a truly solid, well-built, well-thought-out coach for our first years of fulltiming. Our best to you & Trudy.

Renee

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

Archived