2 Propane Tanks

ANG0225

I'd think on a 2012 RV you'd have an auto changeover valve.

Here is a test to see if your auto changeover valve is working, the test is easy and worth doing as a failed valve can be a real pain or even dangerous if not noticed.

http://www.rvdoctor.com/2001/04/testing-propane-automatic-changeover.html

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

If you look at the regulator there should be a lever used to manually select tanks. If both of the propane tank valves are open, it will switch automatically. You can determine which tank is empty by flipping the lever from one to the other if the little red flag is showing, that tank is empty.

The caveat to this is that the only way you know it has switched is to check the regulator every few days. Twice I've forgotten and we've run out of propane so I manually change tanks... keeps a happy camper.

Dave & Tish
Beagle Bagles & Snoopy

RIP Snoopy we lost you 5-11-14 but you'll always travel with us
On the road somewhere.
AF retired, 70-90
A truck and a trailer

“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion” -unknown

HoD vay' wej qoH SoH je nep! ngebmo' vIt neH 'ach SoHbe' loD Hem, wa' ngebmo'. nuqneH...

It probably has an automatic change-over regulator, but you have to look at it to see if it is or not. Both types are still available and in use. If you don't know what to look for, as some experienced RV person to help out as they should know. Here is a link to some pictures of the automatic change-over type regulators. Here is a link to images of manual propane regulators.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

The caveat to this is that the only way you know it has switched is to check the regulator every few days. Twice I've forgotten and we've run out of propane so I manually change tanks... keeps a happy camper.

You never had to get up at 3:00 AM to turn on the FULL tank because the furnace was blowing cold air, happened once now I leave it on auto.

John

2017 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7 4.10 B&W hitch

2017 DRV MS 36RSSB3

You never had to get up at 3:00 AM to turn on the FULL tank because the furnace was blowing cold air, happened once now I leave it on auto.

Uhh, well yes I have.... Only to find that both tanks were empty. That's far worse than having to get up when it's cold and opening the tank.

As I said, if you don't keep a routine check, you'll forget one day and be out of propane...

Dave & Tish
Beagle Bagles & Snoopy

RIP Snoopy we lost you 5-11-14 but you'll always travel with us
On the road somewhere.
AF retired, 70-90
A truck and a trailer

“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion” -unknown

HoD vay' wej qoH SoH je nep! ngebmo' vIt neH 'ach SoHbe' loD Hem, wa' ngebmo'. nuqneH...

Uhh, well yes I have.... Only to find that both tanks were empty. That's far worse than having to get up when it's cold and opening the tank.

As I said, if you don't keep a routine check, you'll forget one day and be out of propane...

I've had this happen and also go manual now

2020 Platinum F350 6.7L CC DRW, 2021 Riverstone Legacy 37mre 5th wheel

Or you can keep two spare tanks in a vented compartment.....I had the spares mounted in the new coach after running out of propane because I didn't check them.

Now I just have to remember to get the empties filled after changing them out which is getting more difficult as the years go by.

What were we talking about??

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Archived