Volvo Windshield Wiper Transmission

Repkad

Volvo calls this a "transmission " but it's really a group of arms that make the windshield wiper wipe. One of the plastic sockets in the end of the wiper transmission arm is worn and will not stay plugged in to the wiper motor arm. Has anyone replaced this plastic part that is pressed into the arm? Volvo wants to sell the whole wiper transmission for over $300 plus labor. They don't list this plastic part for sale in the parts department. Our truck is a 2006 VNL-780. Subject wiper is for the passenger side.

Bob & Dottie

Dottie & Bob Repka

SKP #90581

Lifetime Members

2007 Teton Reliance XT-4

2006 Volvo 780, Ultrashift

2014 Smart Car on deck

Guest THE TRAILERKING

You sure you can't buy a new part separate?

I know I replaced the whole wiper motor assembly on my 379 Pete' and the plastic ball/socket pivot bushings were available all separately.

As far as I'm aware, the dealer is not blowing smoke at you.

I had a wiper location problem on the passenger side. The motor did need replacing, but they got away with replacing parts that were external to the transmission so I ducked that particular $300.

Geo

George,
Suzuki Celerio 998cc

Yamaha NMAX scooter

Work ride is Western Star N2 Tri-Tri tanker at 56,500kg loaded

Find someone with a small lathe that can turn one for you out of Delrin or something similar. Shouldn't take too long and will be a LOT less than $300.

Good thought. I don't know anyone with a small lathe, but it may come down to finding someone once we get to Clermont, FL tomorrow.

Dottie & Bob Repka

SKP #90581

Lifetime Members

2007 Teton Reliance XT-4

2014 Smart Car on deck

I have "scavenging rights" at my local yard. I may not be going up for a week or so, if you want me to try for one PM me.

That would be great. Thank you. We are driving now, but will PM you with a picture and a better description within a few days.

Dottie

Dottie & Bob Repka

SKP #90581

Lifetime Members

2007 Teton Reliance XT-4

2014 Smart Car on deck

Iff you can get someone to take detailed pictures / scan of said part that is in good condition, you might be able to get it "printed" on a 3-D printer.

I'm not sure that would work. As far as I know, 3D printers only work with soft plastics. At least that's the way it used to be.

Dottie & Bob Repka

SKP #90581

Lifetime Members

2007 Teton Reliance XT-4

2014 Smart Car on deck

That would be great. Thank you. We are driving now, but will PM you with a picture and a better description within a few days.

Dottie

My yard has maybe 20 Volvos 98 on up. Make a mental list of anything else you want like switches, trim, etc & I'll go shopping for you. Where will you be for the next couple of weeks?

2000 Volvo 635 A/S, N-14 Cummins
"The Phoenix"
'03 KA 38KSWB

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/sibernut/library/?sort=6&page=1
Furkids- Sibe's CH. Sedona & Tseika
dolphins.jpg

Could I send you a list as well, just need small items.

You're welcome to do so. Depending on what you want, they may charge me. Put your list & cell phone in a PM, when I go up I'll ping you.

"The Phoenix"
'03 KA 38KSWB

dolphins.jpg

Shortly after I got my 2001 I took it into the Volvo Dealer in Denver. Had an A/C problem. They found a recall on the Windshield wiper motor and replaced it free of charge. Didn't fix the A/C, but......

Might still be possible to have it changed by Volvo.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Tks, I'll check that out. Never heard of that before, how do I fix it?

Edit-Looked into it, I got no notifications of msgs but show 5 contacts. Maybe I have to clear them before I can get more.

"The Phoenix"
'03 KA 38KSWB

dolphins.jpg

Shortly after I got my 2001 I took it into the Volvo Dealer in Denver. Had an A/C problem. They found a recall on the Windshield wiper motor and replaced it free of charge. Didn't fix the A/C, but......

You are lucky you got out of there without serious issues. Denver is likely the worst Volvo dealer in the country (my opinion). They have a terrible reputation unless things have changed significantly. A place to stay away from.....at least for me.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

You are lucky you got out of there without serious issues. Denver is likely the worst Volvo dealer in the country (my opinion). They have a terrible reputation unless things have changed significantly. A place to stay away from.....at least for me.

Jack, I'll see your Denver and raise you a Fargo. That was the Volvo shop that mis-mounted our fan, that ate the radiator hose, that caused to tow from Sweetgrass to Lethbridge, that cost the towing company a new oilpan on the D-16.

Not amused.

Geo

George,
Suzuki Celerio 998cc

Yamaha NMAX scooter

Work ride is Western Star N2 Tri-Tri tanker at 56,500kg loaded

I know that how. I was very new at the time. Was my first trip with the truck without a backup vehicle and someone to bounce things off of. Guess I just got lucky.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived