"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730 RV Hauler Build

bmzero

• nlife.gif

Posted Today, 08:20 AM

Pat Lester, on 27 Jul 2016 - 11:25 PM, said:snapback.png

Brit Hate to see you move on but keep us posted IRT how everything goes. I'll miss your super work. But have to take advantage of every opportunity when it comes along. So God Bless you and your family and I hope that this works for you. If you are ever on this coast around Va. Beach just give The Old Sailor A call. At some point in time can you tell us the Retailer? Again Good Luck Pat

The Old Sailor

Thanks. I appreciate that.

Hi Brit,

I wish you the best in your new adventurer. I hope you will still be off-roading. You have some nice looking off-road equipment. I have enjoyed talking to you at the rallies.

Best of luck,

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish you the best in your new adventurer. I hope you will still be off-roading. You have some nice looking off-road equipment. I have enjoyed talking to you at the rallies.

Thanks, Al. Yes, I will hang onto at least one of the RZR's, but I may go for a four seat turbo this time. The family had a lot of fun in Moab.

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I may get one more West Coast trip out of Willy Mammoth before he finds a new home. I'm slated to be at the Sand Sports Super Show with ProjectXPD September 16-18.

3c19e835-be93-4a0b-b822-93aa1aeac15d-s.j
Anyone in CA want to buy a nice Volvo 730, Heartland Cyclone 4000, an adventure trailer and the world's most well equipped adventure RZR XP Turbo of all time? I would love to fly home. :D

• 2 months later...

Well, it was a sad weekend for me, but happy in the sense that Willy will live on in another family. I sort of feel like I just sent my first child off to his first job in some far off part of the country.

Mike, who goes by MikenRobin here on the forum, is the new owner of my truck. He has some big plans for it and I hope to be able to help him make the changes he needs.

I'm in withdrawals already, but I know it was the right decision and I look forward to seeing the truck get back to work.

7a1942c8-8da1-43e2-9064-ffa8e272a597-s.j
I was able to talk Mason into coming along with me. He's a sucker for a road trip. I don't know where he gets that from. :rolleyes:

Glad you were able to sell it. We look forward to your build on the next one. Hope things are going well for you on the new adventure.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Glad you were able to sell it. We look forward to your build on the next one. Hope things are going well for you on the new adventure.

Dave

Thanks.

I'm already planning the next one. I would like to build one or two for someone else soon. I don't have time to spend weeks away from home like before, but I could definitely build a HDT given enough of a timeline.

Are you still working on the beds? I know its gotta be a bit harder as you no longer have the ability to test fit and measure funky things.

I am. I have a few more design revisions I would like to apply on the next kit. I don't have a truck lined up, but I would definitely like to get another bed kit out there.

Archived