• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Six more walleye today.

Jim, there is something fishy about that story. Good Luck

We got a little rain today. It cooled things down early in the evening. About all I acomplished today was a trip to the grocery store after my walk. Then I played with the language course for a few hours and got tired so I took a Steve. I must have needed it because I slept right through Happy Hour.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Left Cheyenne, WY, on the 18th

7/18 spent the night in Seibert, CO, just a one cow town off the interstate, dirt roads, but at least it was a PA park and only needed 1 night. It is for sale if you like the middle of the plains!

7/19 in Russell,KS and 108 degree heat!!!

7/20-21 in Topeka, KS, to see friends

7/22-23 in beautiful downtown Chanute, KS, for repairs to the RV

Last Sunday, the 15th, saw a REAL cattle drive in Cheyenne, WY, to kick off Frontier Days. It was real cowboys and girls and real cattle with horns, no cows! They have the drive every year on the Sunday before the start of Frontier Days on the following Friday. They start a few miles outside of town and then go thru town to the pens behind the fairgrounds. We watched from outside town, then jumped in the truck and made it in town to see the heard again. What fun!! We love the west and glad "ouside influences" haven't tried to destroy the wholesomeness of western traditons. Hated to leave but did see Frontier Days rodeos 2 years ago and will be back.

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

I think I need to get a life. I spent most of the morning watching a pair of tarantulas make babies. (I'm trying to be nice). I was walking on the path we call the back 40 when I saw a tarantula coming toward me. I stopped to watch. He came right up to the edge of the trail not 2 feet from me and started walking in a small circle about 10 inches in diameter. I noticed he kept going back to one particular spot that didn't look any different than any other spot in the area. He finally stopped at that spot and started tapping his front legs on the ground over the spot then draging small bits of sand away from the spot. This went on for about 10 minutes. My legs were getting tired and sore from sanding so I continued my walk down the path to the next corner of the park. (about 500 ft.) then came back again. The spider was still there and the activity was getting more presistant. I watched for about 5 minutes more then continued the walk going the other way to the other corner of the park and back. When I got back he was still at it. I watched another 5 minutes or so when I noticed another leg break through the surface from below. The Male backed away from the hole about 3 inches and waited. When the female finally pulled her whole body out of the hole she raised her body up, he came charging in. They got to it for a minute or so then he pulled away and she rolled over on her side and just laid there as if she were dead. He went down the trail and she finally recovered and went back in the hole. I followed him down the trail about 50 yards and he went into some dense bushes where I lost track of him. I went back to the hole and she had already spun a web over the entrance. I had watched this same action a few days ago and when I went back to find the hole again it was completely covered with sand and looked just like the rest of the ground around there. Very interesting but my legs sure got stiff from standing there watching. Tomorrow I'll wear a blindfold.

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

That's what we discovered too. Living in an RV on land is not acceptable in most places we thought we might want to be.

FWIW, we 55+ type folks (sometimes) abide by the rules somewhat "loosely(?)" -- in this case, one might use the RV for "sleep" quarters, and "live" in the house during non-sleep times... of course, discretion is the better part of valor, AND maintaining good, reciprocal relations with the nearby neighbors is definitely on the menu. (Keeping the RV in setup-and-go mode is a major attraction for us; living in the "house" over the RV during our stays there is preferable to climbing up-and-down the steps to the RV anyways!@! So, this community fits our winter-hibernation needs to a tee -- we're already familiar and comfortable with the area; its amenities and its winter climate are much to our liking -- when the heavy rains start in Calif, AZ tends to be less wet and abit warmer than the normal, Mediterranean temps of Calif.)

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

Finally able to take a breath! Just a note to let you all know it's been an interesting month. So sorry I haven't been around. When we started north to head to Oregon/Washington, our Betsy started giving us trouble. Isn't that usually the way when the extended warranties run out? Well, that was the case. We had the huge rig, pulling the huge car...and we had NO power. Sometimes down to 25 and up some pretty steep grades. We finally made it into Idaho after changing fuel filters, and being in a truck shop...then we went to Cummins and they diagnosed our problem and the part was between $3500-$7000 and no guarantee that it would be fixed or stay....so we decided to start looking. We sat up at a park and lo and behold....the fridge went out!!! Completely. No warning. Leaked out all the fluid....Done. After calling a repair man and looking at Camping World, they said that putting in a residential was the way to go...and to do that we would have to take out the windshield! There goes another $3500. No thanks. So we browsed through a dealership...found a coach that I liked, suprisingly enough they gave us a better trade than anyone offered us around Yuma last year! So, bit off the whole chunk! Bye Bye Betsy...hello Teddie. 2013 Thor Tuscany with 4 slides. We took possession on June 30...and it's been a whirlwind ever since. I've been busier than a little one armed paper hanger. Needless to say...with all the extra expenses, tax and license that we're just doing, the extra vacation funds are gone. Cut some miles off and headed back to the east. I regret not being able to be on the coast. We had lots of little things to do with the dealership that took longer and chewed up the time we alotted for that part of the country this year! We have been in and out of the dealership so my blog post is likely to be "How I spent my Summer Vacation at Dennis Dillons RV Center" We headed out from Boise on Sunday and we are now at Moses Lake WA. We are still going to go up to Kalispell for August and then head back down. I am enjoying my new house. Not likeing the extra work and time and expense much....but just couldn't put that much more in and still have a very old rig. Not just nickel and dimeing, $5000 and $10,000. Just life going on here now. We just sat through a severe thunderstorm. Hope it's over. Should be a very nice weekend. We will get out and do some touring if it is. Things will get back to normal one day soon. I'm playing catch up now!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

I think I need to get a life. I spent most of the morning watching a pair of tarantulas make babies. (I'm trying to be nice). I was walking on the path we call the back 40 when I saw a tarantula coming toward me. I stopped to watch. He came right up to the edge of the trail not 2 feet from me and started walking in a small circle about 10 inches in diameter. I noticed he kept going back to one particular spot that didn't look any different than any other spot in the area. He finally stopped at that spot and started tapping his front legs on the ground over the spot then draging small bits of sand away from the spot. This went on for about 10 minutes. My legs were getting tired and sore from sanding so I continued my walk down the path to the next corner of the park. (about 500 ft.) then came back again. The spider was still there and the activity was getting more presistant. I watched for about 5 minutes more then continued the walk going the other way to the other corner of the park and back. When I got back he was still at it. I watched another 5 minutes or so when I noticed another leg break through the surface from below. The Male backed away from the hole about 3 inches and waited. When the female finally pulled her whole body out of the hole she raised her body up, he came charging in. They got to it for a minute or so then he pulled away and she rolled over on her side and just laid there as if she were dead. He went down the trail and she finally recovered and went back in the hole. I followed him down the trail about 50 yards and he went into some dense bushes where I lost track of him. I went back to the hole and she had already spun a web over the entrance. I had watched this same action a few days ago and when I went back to find the hole again it was completely covered with sand and looked just like the rest of the ground around there. Very interesting but my legs sure got stiff from standing there watching. Tomorrow I'll wear a blindfold.

That's so interesting IYQ. Bet not many get to see that. Hell man, no blindfold, that's nature.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Playing around a little tonight and trying to change my picture. It shows on my profile but not on my post. Maybe this one. If not, will look again tomorrow. Not sure I like this picture anyway!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Foofy, sorry about all the trouble and expense your old rig brought on but congratulations on your "Casa Nuevo". I hope it serves you well for a very long time.

I didn't do much today. I took my walk this morning but no spiders. I studied Spanish most of the day. This evening a bunch of us went out for a steak dinner. It was very good and inexpensive. $12 for a 12 oz. NY strip. There is a meat market here that has a restaurant in it. Their Mexican food isn't so good but their steaks are very good. We got another rain durning the night. We'll take all we can get. I'll be leaving here next Thursday Morning and heading for higher altitude (8300 feet). I'll go there is three hops at three different altitudes to get aclimated on the way there. It's a little over 500 miles up there.

Foofy, sorry about all the trouble and expense your old rig brought on but congratulations on your "Casa Nuevo". I hope it serves you well for a very long time.

I didn't do much today. I took my walk this morning but no spiders. I studied Spanish most of the day. This evening a bunch of us went out for a steak dinner. It was very good and inexpensive. $12 for a 12 oz. NY strip. There is a meat market here that has a restaurant in it. Their Mexican food isn't so good but their steaks are very good. We got another rain durning the night. We'll take all we can get. I'll be leaving here next Thursday Morning and heading for higher altitude (8300 feet). I'll go there is three hops at three different altitudes to get aclimated on the way there. It's a little over 500 miles up there.

Thanks!!! I mean Gracias....and that's about all you'll get out of me...except a couple of cuss words and things that I won't say!!!! I hope we have good luck with this coach. So far there's been the usual new rig bugs and some that are pretty frustrating, but this at least is covered to the hilt with warranties,and an extended warranty, so maybe for quite a few years we're covered. Hope you get up to some cooler territory, I think the whole bottom half of the country is burning up! My yard in Nebraska is done dealing for this year. At least I'm saving money on mowing! Even when we were in Boise, we had 6 days over 100...and they said that is really rare. I've been doin a rain dance every chance I get. We need it everywhere. Hope you have a good weekend.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Saturday and not much happening so there is no reason to ask ?Que Tal? I took a nice long walk this morning ( a little over a mile) then sat here listening to Spanish CD's. Then I decided to go into town and have lunch. It really wasn't worth the trip but one of my friends was there so we talked for about an hour. After Happy Hour this evening about 5 of us had another interesting conversation talking about diffent places we have visited. This evening I just got back for another walk (3/4 mile) and started poking this computer. I'm getting a little anxious about going up to Eagle Nest Thursday. It will be about 10 to 15 degrees cooler there. If there are no bugs it should be a treat to sit outside most of the day and watch the world go by.

Kay, sorry to hear about the troubles with the rig. Hope you enjoy this one, once you get the bugs out!

Lee, Hablo Español un poquito. Lo estudié en Universidad, pero despues de tantos años no me acuerdo mucho! Compré un App con lecciones pero parece que nunca tengo tiempo para estudiar!

Jeri, We have Tropical Palms near Orlando booked Dec 21-Jan 3, then a few days at Curry Hammock followed by a few at John Pennekamp, then Curry Hammock Again......then John Pennekamp. You get the idea. we are booked through Jan 29 so far. i look every day for cancelations in the state parks on the keys.

Just left Dave and Nancy and Glacier, headed across Montana....

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Lee, Hablo Español un poquito. Lo estudié en Universidad, pero despues de tantos años no me acuerdo mucho! Compré un App con lecciones pero parece que nunca tengo tiempo para estudiar!

Hey, I translated about half of that and understood a bit more from context. Not bad since high school was a LONG time ago!

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Soos: They were not follish years, I'll bet you got a lot of good from those years. The time spent studying is why I'm studying Spanish. when hot weather coops me up in my trailer I have nothing else to do but study and it sure makes the time go by fast. I bought a couple Apps and still don't know which one I like most. One is interactive on DVD's and the other is a book with audio CD's. I have the Audio CD's in the truck and listen to them while driving and use the DVD's to study while I'm in the trailer.

Today after my walk I drove down near the Mexican border just to have something to do. This evening I went to a new restaurant that I have never eaten at before. It wasn't too bad. Maybe I'll give them another chance. Now that the weekend is over I'll have to set this Spanish course aside and get my Trailer ready to hit the road sometime this week before Thursday when they will kick me out if I haven't gone before then.

Jeri, We have Tropical Palms near Orlando booked Dec 21-Jan 3, then a few days at Curry Hammock followed by a few at John Pennekamp, then Curry Hammock Again......then John Pennekamp. You get the idea. we are booked through Jan 29 so far. i look every day for cancelations in the state parks on the keys.

We visited John Pennekamp a few years ago. It was in a great location. You are right to check for cancellations. That happens all the time in those parks. We are still thinking we'll be around Orlando sometime in December ... maybe but don't know much else. I guess we should think about getting on the stick but we probably won't and then we'll panic. :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

A hot day today. It hit 99 in the shade under my trailer. After taking my walk this morning I got my air compressor out and brought all my tires up to the proper inflation level. By that time it was getting too hot to do anything else so I went to Radio shack to see if I could find an electronic Spanish-American dictionary. There is no such animal in the whole town of Deming. I had one when I cleaned out my house but I gave it to my housekeeper because she was working with Mexicanos in the restaurant where she also works as a cook. I couldn't come home empty handed so I bought a new Blood Pressure Monitor. Mine is 15 or 20 years old and I've begun to wonder about it's accuracy. I got one that is fastened to a Wrist Cuff. I like it so far and the reading look like they are about 7 numbers lower than my old cuff. I even tried both machines at one time by putting one on my right arm and one on my left wrist. The new machine was still about 7 numbers lower on the sistolic reading. I had to wait about 5 minutes between each test so there went most of the day. This evening after Happy hour we had dinner in the Rec Hall. The establishment furnished Pork Spare ribs and we brought stuff to go with it. We made short work of the ribs then sat around shooting the bull for an hour or so. Tomorrow I'll grease my hitch and be about ready to hook up and head for the cool country.

We arrived in Kalispell this afternoon. Went to dinner with Paul at our favorite BBQ place in Columbia Falls. I think we're going to have gorgeous weather during the day but it's supposed to be 48 tonight so I'll probably freeze to death.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

7/24 Left Chanute, KS, and 103 degree heat after having RV repairs done.

7-25 one night in Odessa, MO, just west of Kansas City. Still sitting in 103 degree heat!

7/25-26 Scott AFB about 40 miles east of St. Louis. Still going to be hot!!

Feels like we are crossing the desert just to get back to VA to visit family!!!

Sandie and Jim, sure wish we were with you in Kalispell, one of our favorite towns. Sounds like you both are well and I am so glad you are out enjoying yourselves. Not to worry, no more steep roads! Looks like from here on out it will be flat!! Except across the Appalachian Mtns. which will seem like ant hills after the mountains we have been on this spring! I miss that western scenery already!

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

I got up this morning (a Major accomplishment) got breakfast and took my walk (1 mile) I then came home and greased my hitch so it will be ready to hook up tomorrow evening. Now all I have to do is dump the tanks and I'll be ready to roll again. This afternoon I went to Wally World to stock up on groceries. They didn't have half the things I wanted. Some of the thing they were out of are things I've been buying there every since I got here. I was going to turn my new prescription into the Pharmacy but decided it would be better to do that up in Eagle Nest or Cimmeron. But I'm not sure if they have a Wally World or not. Oh Well, If they don't It will give me something to do driving to a town that does have one. This after noon I was talking ( read listening) to a neighbor lady and all of a sudden she felt ill and thought she was going to pass out. She had been out walking and it was already pretty warm so we thought it may be the heat. I walked her to her rig. Told her to keep her phone within reach and sip cool water. Two hours later at happy hour she wasn't there so I ask the manager to check on her. She sent the office clerk to do it. As he opened the door to go check on her she was on the other side coming in. She said she felt much better and that sitting in the air conditioning and sipping cold water snapped her right out of it. She had me worried for a while. This evening I took a little "Steve" and a storm blew up and was really rocking my rig. It didn't help me sleep at all.

We arrived in Kalispell this afternoon. Went to dinner with Paul at our favorite BBQ place in Columbia Falls. I think we're going to have gorgeous weather during the day but it's supposed to be 48 tonight so I'll probably freeze to death.

Sandie, We'll be up there next Wed...at Rocky Mtn Hi....are ya still gonna be there? Maybe we can get together? Sounds like I'll have to get my slippers out!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Sandie, We'll be up there next Wed...at Rocky Mtn Hi....are ya still gonna be there? Maybe we can get together? Sounds like I'll have to get my slippers out!

Friends meeting up with friends. Local "not yet full-timers" Sue and Doug meeting up with Jim and Sandie and now you. Wonderful ain't it. Only thing better would be us joining in the mix. Wish someone, anyone, would come and visit us.

[[[HUGS}}}

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Friends meeting up with friends. Local "not yet full-timers" Sue and Doug meeting up with Jim and Sandie and now you. Wonderful ain't it. Only thing better would be us joining in the mix. Wish someone, anyone, would come and visit us.

[[[HUGS}}}

Toni we're moving on to Washington near Mt. St. Helens tomorrow for the weekend. Couple of weeks fo sightseeing in Washington then we hope to be in Canada. Slowly going north. :) Hope we don't have trouble getting the pets across the border. Later.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Ms Kay - we are here until Thursday morning. How about going out to dinner Wednesday night? We're also at Rocky Mountain Hi - Site 47.

Sounds great! I don't know what site yet...something in the back....we should be there in good time, hopefully. You pick the place! I'm really ready to be there. Sorry you're leaving so soon. We will be there for 3-4 weeks. One of my favorite places in the world... glad we'll get a couple hours anyway! I'll let ya know when we get there!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08