Classes of 2008 and 2009

That one cool day yesterday was surely enjoyed but it's back in the 90's today. It's 90 degrees outside right now and it's only 10:45 AM. It will probably reach the 100 degree mark before evening. I hope the monsoon rains start soon however I'm getting acclimated to the 100 degree stuff so I may decide to go on down to Deming and brave it out for a week or so to get the slide fixed. We do have a 15 to 20 mph breeze that is fairly consistant that makes it feel a lot cooler than it actually is. I'm thinking of taking a trip down to Tucumcari just to have something to do today. At least I'll stay cool while in the truck driving. I really don't need anything down there except Cranberry juice. My supply is about gone and there isn't much of a place around here to buy any without paying an arm and a leg for it. Of course If I add the price of the gas to go to Tucumcari it would make the wine very expensive down there. I could buy it by the barrel which would bring the price per Liter down somewhat. Hummmmm!

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have rain and some tomorrow. Finally made it to Oregon today. We're at Cape Blanco State Park for the weekend.. 53 degrees right now and very wet. This sure isn't Quartzsite.

Later,

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

6/21 to 7/18 at Cheyenne, WY, to kill time before being in Kansas for an RV repair. Yes, it is HOT!!! But I really like Cheyenne. We are at the military base campground.

Spent the last 5 days in Loveland, CO, at the foot of the Rockies. Went up twice and explored different routes. We also took the one way dirt road up and that was pretty and saw elk at the top. They got only 2% of their total snow pack for this year so most of the snow is already gone. We saw more snow last Sept. up there. But it is still beautiful up there. Even saw big horn sheep in the Big Thorton Canyon. We took a loop drive from Estes Park on the back side of Long's Peak and it was a gorgeous drive!! Take 36 in Estes to 7 and follow it to Allenspark and Lyons where it meets 34 back to Estes. Wonderful views!

Couldn't post the last few days because our router died so a new one is on order. We also avoided the High Peak fire near Ft. Collins but you could sure see the smoke! I feel so sorry for all those that lost their homes. I had to see that beautiful countryside and mountains burn. As we left the campground today, it was the first time you could smell the smoke and it was quite noticable.

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

We have rain and some tomorrow. Finally made it to Oregon today. We're at Cape Blanco State Park for the weekend.. 53 degrees right now and very wet. This sure isn't Quartzsite.

Later,

Tina and Jeff

No 53 here :o , it was 95 today and will be bumping the 100 mark by Sunday. We're here until next Thursday and then will be heading for North Milwaukee for a week before we head on up North to Canada. We sure had fun going down 101 in Oregon last year, what a pretty place. We were there in Sept - Oct and the weather was fine. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Later,

Tina and Jeff

Humid here. Hope the sun comes back tomorrow.

BTW all of you reading this, I got the final draft for my story in Escapee magazine today. I forwarded it to those of you that I have email address for. Post here if you want to see it and I didn't send it to you.

{{{{{{hugs}}}}

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

No 53 here :o , it was 95 today and will be bumping the 100 mark by Sunday. We're here until next Thursday and then will be heading for North Milwaukee for a week before we head on up North to Canada. We sure had fun going down 101 in Oregon last year, what a pretty place. We were there in Sept - Oct and the weather was fine. Steve

Steve, You don't have to leave the country just because I found your Ice Cream Machine.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We made it to Idaho! It got up to 85 here. Such a relief...We stopped in Springville UT for a couple days and we had drove in such heat that our living room slide wouldn't work. Called a repair guy and ofcourse when he got there it had cooled down over night and worked right off the bat! We're having Turbo Issues though and they haven't gone away. I have a dog with Tracheal Bronchitis, had her to the vet today. Also went to Shosone Falls and took a walk by the Snake River here in Heyburn where they are hosting the 37th Annual Speed Boat Regatta. Watched a couple of the qualifying rounds and came home. Tomorrow we are getting up early and heading for Sun Valley and the mountains. Only will be about 72 up there. It will be in the 90s here the rest of the weekend, but it really doesn't feel that hot. Sounds like everyone is experiencing Summer at it's finest! These are the days that stories are made of, complete with memories to be shared over the winter camp fires! :) We'll be heading on East on Monday.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Survived the wedding rehearsal and the dinner today. Now if we can survive the 100 degrees we're going to have for the wedding. Never would have thought it would be that hot in Montana in June. Rain and storms I was worried about, not heat. And Jim has a black suit and long sleeved shirt.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

If it's still hot then tell Jim not to put on the coat until the last minute then take it off again first chance. Heatstroke doesn't look good on anyone.

OTOH, our daughter got married in a park and it was very hot and humid right up until midday the day of the wedding. Then the heat broke without accompanying showers and we had wonderful weather. So, there's no point worrying between now and then. Trust that all will go well.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We made it to Idaho! It got up to 85 here. Such a relief...We stopped in Springville UT for a couple days and we had drove in such heat that our living room slide wouldn't work. Called a repair guy and ofcourse when he got there it had cooled down over night and worked right off the bat! We're having Turbo Issues though and they haven't gone away. I have a dog with Tracheal Bronchitis, had her to the vet today. Also went to Shosone Falls and took a walk by the Snake River here in Heyburn where they are hosting the 37th Annual Speed Boat Regatta. Watched a couple of the qualifying rounds and came home. Tomorrow we are getting up early and heading for Sun Valley and the mountains. Only will be about 72 up there. It will be in the 90s here the rest of the weekend, but it really doesn't feel that hot. Sounds like everyone is experiencing Summer at it's finest! These are the days that stories are made of, complete with memories to be shared over the winter camp fires! :) We'll be heading on East on Monday.

Summer at its FINEST! Not here. Thunder lightning pouring rain. Will it ever end.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

It's a bit on the warm side today, (102) but the wind is puffing away at 25 mph. If you put a few rocks in your pockets you can sit outside in the shade and be fairly comfortable. I was telling how the park was empty the other day, Today it is completely full. Tomorrow it will probably be back to empty. Most of these people must come from Tucumcari. That is the only city anywhere near of any size and it's not even big enough to warrent a Wally World. I'm toying with the idea of making a mad dash to Deming Tuesday morning. It's nearly 400 miles but I can play like Jeri and Terry and get there with time to spare. I need to get my mail forwarded and the slide fixed. The weather Forcast for Deming is actually a couple of degrees cooler than it is for here. But not enough to really notice much. I just had a man knock on my door to tell me they have a Free Movie at the

Visitors Center tonight. No mention of the name of the movie or even an exact time. Just at dusk. I don't think I'll be going it sounds like it will be outside and with the heat I'd rather play with all my toys here.

Plus, outdoor movies usually come with a large dose of mosquitoes! Maybe that wouldn't be as big a problem as it used to be now that I have some of those fan repellant thingies.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Humid here. Hope the sun comes back tomorrow.

BTW all of you reading this, I got the final draft for my story in Escapee magazine today. I forwarded it to those of you that I have email address for. Post here if you want to see it and I didn't send it to you.

{{{{{{hugs}}}}

Great job on the artical, Toni, do we really do all that?? Ha Ha We are heading North a bit to meet with Mike and Julie today. Have to hear all about the Ireland trip! What a group. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Sunday 1:30 PM, The weekend warriors started leaving this morning about 7. Now there is just a sprinkling of them left. I went into town this afternoon to gas the truck and gets some salmon and tuna for salads. I'll be already to move out Tuesday Morning. I kinda like the idea of driving straight through to Deming. I'm thinking about staying on Hwy 54 that goes from here all the way to Las Cruses, NM on a diagonal path. It would save about 40 miles of travel but there ain't much along the way except Yucca and Jack rabbits. I sure don't want to break down on that route. It does go through Alamagordo though. If I get to tired, there is a SKP 50% park there that I've stayed in before. I kinda liked it.

Sunday 1:30 PM, The weekend warriors started leaving this morning about 7. Now there is just a sprinkling of them left. I went into town this afternoon to gas the truck and gets some salmon and tuna for salads. I'll be already to move out Tuesday Morning. I kinda like the idea of driving straight through to Deming. I'm thinking about staying on Hwy 54 that goes from here all the way to Las Cruses, NM on a diagonal path. It would save about 40 miles of travel but there ain't much along the way except Yucca and Jack rabbits. I sure don't want to break down on that route. It does go through Alamagordo though. If I get to tired, there is a SKP 50% park there that I've stayed in before. I kinda liked it.

Take care and try to stay cool...no....breaking down on that road would be no fun at all....nothin out there! Can't believe you're down there already! If ya get fed up...head north a little into the Rockies!That will give ya a break in the heat for a bit anyway!.... Just too hot down there!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Summer at its FINEST! Not here. Thunder lightning pouring rain. Will it ever end.

I haven't seen any rain since Jan. or Feb. and then was just mudballs. Sorry you guys are getting it all! Maybe we'll see some when we get farther east. Yes.... I'd like to see your article!!!! I'll pm ya my email on Facebook....I was sure you had it. Not sure of the plan for us this week. We have to get in somewhere and have the coach Turbo looked at. That may be a very expensive undertaking and will determine what we do the rest of the summer!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Take care and try to stay cool...no....breaking down on that road would be no fun at all....nothin out there! Can't believe you're down there already! If ya get fed up...head north a little into the Rockies!That will give ya a break in the heat for a bit anyway!.... Just too hot down there!

It was 105 here this afternoon and I sat outside in the shade carving and didn't mind it at all. I guess I've become acclimated. I'm going to Deming because my slide out won't go out all the way unless I give it a lot of help by pushing on it from inside. In order to push and poke the switch also I have to use my walking stick to push on the slide out and my hand to hold the switch on out. even then it jumps a few gears which will make the situation worse. I plan on heading back north as soon as I get it fixed and get my mail sent to me. I could get to cool weather from here real easy. Its only 161 miles to Eagles Nest Lake and it sits at an altitude of 8300 feet. And with my parks pass it's free. As of Dusk tonight this park is almost empty. There are only about six rigs including mine left.

Edited by IYQ

After 2 days of RAIN, Friday and Saturday, we are back to FANTASTIC weather here in the PNW. Of course with the coming of the SUN I now have to spend some time doing one of those 4 letter words. Yep I'm going to have to do some WORK. :lol: I know that is considered swearing, but then this forum has been getting a bit to sanitized lately and some folks seemed to be going to sleep at the switch. So once again there is WORK in my future. But next Sunday is the opening of CRAB, another 4 letter word, Season but nobody seems to think that using that 4 letter word is cussing. :P

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

We survived the wedding (I think). It was 100 degrees and we all about collapsed but some of us hung in there until after 9:00. A lot of folks gave up and went somewhere else to find air conditioning. I knew I really needed to get Jim home and into bed because he was totally wore out. In fact he didn't get up this morning until 9:00 which is highly unusual. Now we start a round of doctor appointments this week - eyes, and our regular doctor up here. Oh goodie. Still hot. And let me tell you - I'll take the heat in AZ any day over the heat here. And the humidity here is only like 45%.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

This evening I'll be hooking up the rig to head to Deming in the morning. I think I'll drive right straight through and get it over with. I don't plan on staying there any longer than necessary. I want to get up in the high country where it's cool. However I'm doing fine in this 105 degree heat. At 15% humidity and a slight breeze you don't sweat a bit. I've been sitting outside carving and remained fairly comfortable as long as I was in the shade and not doing that cuss word Joe keeps using.

We moved to Timber Valley SKP park here in Oregon yesterday in the rain. Suppose to stop the showers today but the sun is peeking through now. 56 degrees going to the upper 60's today. Got to get caught up on laundry and groceries. We plan to stay here a couple of weeks. Lots of green everywhere. :)

Later,

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

We moved to Timber Valley SKP park here in Oregon yesterday in the rain. Suppose to stop the showers today but the sun is peeking through now. 56 degrees going to the upper 60's today. Got to get caught up on laundry and groceries. We plan to stay here a couple of weeks. Lots of green everywhere. :)

Later,

Tina and Jeff

We haven't been to Timber Valley but we do have friends with a lot there. I am sorry I can't remember there last name but they go by "Peter and Tall Mary".

No rain for two days and the sun is starting to shine.

I am sitting here waiting for youngest son, Graeme, to arrive. He is going to stay for a couple of days. We will both be really glad to see him.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Well, I made it to Deming but not without a few scapes and bruises. I stopped for gas in Los Cruses and while trying to get out of the crowded station and to a traffic light to get back on the interstate, I clipped a guys tail light with the side of my trailer. So after listening to his cursing for a while I told him all I could do is give him my insurance information. He wrote it down and I got his name and address. So I went upon my way. When I got to the interstate I noticed I didn't have any brakes on the trailer. The sharp turns in the gas station had pulled the plug on the umbelico cord and left it dragging on the ground. So now I have one more thing to fix. Right now I'm tired and hungry.

Yesterday when I rolled into the Low-Hi RV Ranch, I noticed one tire was just a little soft. I went to Happy Hour and when I came back it was flat. This morning I got my Air Compressor out and air it up then took off for the Tire shop. It's only about 2.5 miles down the road. By the time I got there it was flat again. The tire man pumped it up again to a higher than normal pressure and you could see a bubble start to rise where the cords were starting to separate. I had bought that tire at that shop last October. The owner took one look at it and told the worker to put a new tire on it. Then told me there would be no charge we'll take care of it. I think it was very nice of that tire to get all the way back to the place where it was bought before it went flat and showed the separation. I thank the owner of the shop for being so sharp as to remember me and not even ask for my receipt and give me a new tire. Then I went to the RV Place through town with no trailer breaks. He is filled this week but told me to bring it back next Tuesday at 8 AM and he would not schedule anything else for that day. I've got a list about as long as my arm of things for him to fix. The Slide out I drove all the way back here from NC for him to fix. Worked just fine this morning when I got ready to go to the tire shop and extended just fine when I got back from the RV shop. I guess the bump it got yesterday in Las Cruses was all that it needed. But, I think I'll have him check it out anyway. After I got back and set up again I went back to town for lunch and to get some groceries. While in Wally World getting groceries the heat finally started to get to me. I was wondering If I'd make it through the checkout counter or not. When I finally got to the truck and turned the air on I began to snap out of it. So when I got home a "Steve" was in order. I'll cool it the rest of the day. No more messing around in the sun. 105 degrees now 6 PM. I had to extend my rent here to one month instead of one week because of the trailer appointment. One week is $80.28 with the tax on it. One month is $155 with no tax but pay for your electricity use. So it was cheeper than just getting another week and I can alway forfiet the days I don't stay and won't have to pay the electricity if I don't use it.

While in Wally World getting groceries the heat finally started to get to me. I was wondering If I'd make it through the checkout counter or not. When I finally got to the truck and turned the air on I began to snap out of it. So when I got home a "Steve" was in order. I'll cool it the rest of the day. No more messing around in the sun. 105 degrees now 6 PM. I had to extend my rent here to one month instead of one week because of the trailer appointment. One week is $80.28 with the tax on it. One month is $155 with no tax but pay for your electricity use. So it was cheeper than just getting another week and I can alway forfiet the days I don't stay and won't have to pay the electricity if I don't use it.

You take it easy in that heat. Jim really had a tough time after spending Sunday in the heat and it took him two days to recover. Stay in the air conditioning, take lots of naps, and drink lots and lots of water. Really nice of that guy to remember you and replace that tire for free. That is definitely good customer service.

Sandie & Jim Dixon