Time for a new kitchen faucet

Nolan

Been looking at replacing the kitchen faucet. Running into a lot of them with water saver features.

Read the reviews and people in homes are not happy with the reduced water pressure got to be worse in an RV.

Another complaint is so many of them are made out of plastic and people aren't happy with those.

So anyone change out their kitchen faucet in your RV in the last 12 months and what did you get? Are you happy with it?
The wife wants one that is chrome with a single-handle pull out sprayer.

We installed a plastic single handle gooseneck with pull out head (which we never use) from Home Depot, I believe Mohen for around $50. So far we have been happy after 6 months, it is just a regular faucet with no special water saver features. The thing we like is the taller height above the sink.

Greg

I just replaced the faucet in the kitchen of my Teton with a Grohe Eurodisc single handle pull out. It is a low flow faucet and it has been fine, the hot and cold lines to the mixer are only about 1/4 inch probably 6MM. I have an inexpensive RV water regulator on the city water and get a reasonable stream of water. It is no gusher but neither was the original faucet. The pull out feature is great and the neck is slightly longer than the original which centers the stream better in the sink.

Steve

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

You get what you pay for. A good (Moen, Delta, etc.) will cost $100-$200 but we feel it is worth it.

Water volume (not pressure) is not a function of the faucet. It comes from restrictions from the water bib to you trailer. Most often, it is the pressure regulator you use. The classic $10 Camco will deliver on 1 gallon per minute. A Watts type house regulator cana deliver up to 5 gpm or more. 2-1/2 gpm makes a shower feel like a household one.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

I had residential Kitchen and bathroom sink models put in my trailer and am hoping they will last a very long time. Should have specified that with the shower, but assumed they would have seen the trend. Some day will have to replace it.

The kitchen sink does have a water saving restrictor but I can't seem to find it. I only notice it when I am using the water pump and the pump cycles frequently. A higher quality pump with a constant flow would eliminate that issue I believe and is on my wish list.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

You get what you pay for. A good (Moen, Delta, etc.) will cost $100-$200 but we feel it is worth it.

Water volume (not pressure) is not a function of the faucet. It comes from restrictions from the water bib to you trailer. Most often, it is the pressure regulator you use. The classic $10 Camco will deliver on 1 gallon per minute. A Watts type house regulator can deliver up to 5 gpm or more. 2-1/2 gpm makes a shower feel like a household one.

Good advice.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We've been talking about this off and on for a couple of months now, and the CFO says she wants to do it soon. Maybe one of these days we'll go shopping.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Archived