Editing quotes

sandsys

Lately it has been hit or miss as to whether or not I could select a section of a quote to delete when replying to one. I would place my curser then click to drag to select but would find myself somewhere else. I can insert my selection point and backspace from there but that takes more time and attention that selecting a section to delete. Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions as to how to deal with it?

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I have found this forum to be very fickle lately. I have had trouble with the link function. I get double posts on occassion or get a message that I do not have permission and the post disappears when I click the submit button. The forum has been down a lot or at least not accessible for me. For some time now I have found that I am better off using the reply to topic link at the top right of the page rather than the reply box at the bottom of the page. I now save all my responses before posting because they disappear so often. I have also found that using the full editor works better for me.

The one that dies with the most toys is still dead!

I've found that when my mouse battery is low , the editing of almost every forum seems to get rather touchy and sometimes downright useless . Then mouse is very close to shutting off .

Wish I used a mouse if that would make the fix so easy. I use the touch pad on my laptop which is plugged in so battery "shouldn't" be a problem. Thanks for trying, though.

Linda Sand

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I have found this forum to be very fickle lately. I have had trouble with the link function. I get double posts on occassion or get a message that I do not have permission and the post disappears when I click the submit button. The forum has been down a lot or at least not accessible for me. For some time now I have found that I am better off using the reply to topic link at the top right of the page rather than the reply box at the bottom of the page. I now save all my responses before posting because they disappear so often. I have also found that using the full editor works better for me.

Yes, this is not the only problem I've been having but this one seems to be the longest lasting one so I though maybe I should report it in hopes of it getting fixed. It was very frustrating this weekend when I would click on an item, it would not take me there, but it would mark it as read. Grrrr.

Linda Sand

I've used the touch pad , but I find it too limiting and "fickle" at times . We bought a wireless mice 5 years ago from Best Buy . Cost under $15 each . The mouse is quicker , easier and much less frustrating .

Not sure it would solve your problems , but ours lives are less stressful , since .

Goes around , comes around .

I've used the touch pad , but I find it too limiting and "fickle" at times . We bought a wireless mice 5 years ago from Best Buy . Cost under $15 each . The mouse is quicker , easier and much less frustrating .

Not sure it would solve your problems , but ours lives are less stressful , since .

Hmmm. Maybe I should dig my wireless mouse out of its drawer? I wonder if I could remember not to use the touch pad? :)

Although, when I tried to edit a quote a few minutes ago everything worked just fine. Maybe someone "out there" did something?

Linda Sand

Archived