What did you do to your bus today?

Liberty

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Washed Liberty roof and all. Got the generator to start with some help, everything will be put away by Monday evening and all we have to do is unplug and drive off Sept. 2. That is if we can get the park all cleaned and ready for winter by then. Been here since May 17 time to roll on. Some rallies and some maintenance some friends and then AZ in Dec.

Didn't Paul do a great job on DreamScape!

LeRoy

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

OK & KS now SD well sometimes

The journey is the trip not the destination.

http://2010liberty.wordpress.com/

You guys have a safe trip to your next stop!

We head to Durant, OK for a bus rally with the combined Texas Roadrunners and Texas Bus Roundup on Sep. 18th. Can't wait!

I have more work to do this winter, wiper conversion from air to electric and a new dash! :rolleyes:

Becky and Paul Lawry

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

VIN # 7443

8v71 Allison HT 740

2011 Buick Enclave

Full Timing

Our Travel Blog

• 1 month later...

Update on the Allure floor. it has bubbled in a few places like 1' wide and 3' long. The floor has never been hot or cold. We are in talks with the manufacturer with pictures etc. Their info (inside the boxes) says not to use it in camping trailers. well that ain't us is it. She said they might refund our money but would suggest to not use the same product again. Now we are thinking about what will be a good flooring material. I am not wanting to cut tile and set and grout it. A friend has suggested the planks used in the Walmart clothing departments. but I do not know what it is.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

OK & KS now SD well sometimes

The journey is the trip not the destination.

http://2010liberty.wordpress.com/

• 3 months later...

It's been a while, between procrastination, weather and laziness, I've come to another aaaah moment. I finally got the tubing layed for the heat radiant heat. There seemed to be no end to the things I "had to do before I could do something before I could do something,etc" Only a few more connections to make and one heater box to construct but, this was the hard part.

Insulation with channels routed to lay tubing in.

webrouted5562_zpsfuciycfs-1.jpg

All of this (140 feet) goes in there.

webcoil5567_zpslm8hx1gw-1.jpg

Tubing with heat transfer plates in. Ready to lay floor.

webpipelayed5571_zpsbwcubtzl-1.jpg

Heads up for anyone doing one of these systems.

One of the setbacks I had. I needed some more antifreeze. In the process of doing the reading for the reorder, I discovered I had used the wrong stuff. I thought I had read everything when I placed my original order but, what I used isn't for a system that has aluminum in it. I really think they changed it sometime in the interim. After a conversation with the tech people to make sure I couldn't make what I had safe, I have to flush out what I had and put in the correct stuff. Since I'll be flushing with water, I have to make sure the temps will be above freezing long enough to get that done. I've made connections so I can use well water to flush and air to blow it out. Also out the $300 for the wrong stuff. frown.gif

My bus build http:/somewhereinusa.x10.mx

• 3 weeks later...

Not today, but this past Thursday, we purchased 8, L-16, Fullriver AGM batteries, to replace the two 8D AGMs we have now, for our house bank.

I won't actually install them and put them in service, until I get back to our shop. There I already have 40' of 4/0 and about 50 to 60 feet of 3/0 welding cable.

The local price of interconnecting cable is too high, especially considering that I've already got some and there is also a major amount of remodeling to do in the basement, to properly accommodate them.

Butch

Butch & Fonda Williams, MCI MC9

Really nice, Dick.....

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

• 3 months later...

I went on a trip to Wisconsin last month, was going to stay for 2 days, stayed for almost a week. Even made some money.

The heat works better than in my wildest dreams.
I have been using the bus for over two years, this is the first time I really felt comfortable even though things are far from finished. Hot shower,warm floors,permanently installed microwave,large reefer.
I am now at a place where I can start doing some finish work.
In keeping with my tradition of never using anything for it's intended purpose. I just finished up my under cabinet led lights in the kitchen.
I am quite pleased with the results and only have maybe $20 invested in all of them.

webCabinetLights5693_zpsw7nsatt0.jpg

When I first got them I was a little concerned about how much light they would make, and the color. These after dark shots show plenty of light and I like the color.

webCabinetLightNight5690_zpsch9m8nlv.jpg

webUnderCabinetLightsNight5687_zpsrmvndd

Here are some detail shots. I got the stainless dipping cups at Sam's.

webCabinetLight_zpsap59mlw9.jpg

Exploded view.

sebCabinetLightDetail_zps25ndr3tx.jpg

The lights came with a plug in base, quite simple to take it off and solder wires on. I was surprised to find that these boards aren't polarity dependent, must be something built into the board. When I put it together I used a much larger hole in the metal part where the wires pass through so as to avoid any shorting problem. I simply screwed to the bottom of the cabinet and used silicone to hold spacer and pcb into the cup.

Dick

My bus build http:/somewhereinusa.x10.mx

Archived