Beartooth Pass

mr. cob

Howdy All,

We had fun today drove Hwy 191, south from Rock Springs WY, down to Hwy 40 east to the National Dinosaur Monument, just out side of Jensen UT, before finishing the day by arriving at one of Donna's time share in Steam Boat Springs. 191, has some pretty darn steep grades and tight corners, nothing that couldn't be handled just be aware and use common sense.

That said some of the grades had me down in 4th gear, jake brake on full and having to use the service brakes to keep the down hill speed under control, so far these have been the steepest grades I have had my truck-trailer on, I can travel down a 6% grade and never use the service brakes unless having to slow for a sharp curve or slower traffic, 7% will need a few taps on the service brakes from time to time, there were a couple of signs that said 8-10% grades on 191.

Driving over the Flaming Gorge Dam was also kinda neat, all in all a FUN day until we hit the tourist traffic in Steam Boat Springs.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Archived