Getting New Seats

sdixon747

On 6/6/2016 at 3:10 PM, SuiteSuccess said:

I'd just get a pilot's and co-pilot's seat from that 747 you fly!! :rolleyes:

I sure hope those have more padding than the seats in part of the plane I end up in!

5 hours ago, Sculptor said:

Hi all, and thanks to Steve, I am thinking about new seats and some other new hardware for our gen 2 VNL.  I hope to revive this discussion for a short time.

The only place near us with seats on display is the Kenly 95 truck stop.  They have some but no Knoedler.  

Is there a place to order seats from that commonly has the best prices?  Is it possible to find a sale at certain times of the year?  Should I just plan to be at the next truck show wherever it is and buy from a salesperson?

I'd definitely plan on one of the truck shows.  Not necessarily to buy there, but at least to figure out what you want.  MATS in Louisville (end of March/early April) is at the Kentucky Expo Center in Louisville, and there are RV sites with hookups right there.  GATS is at the convention center in downtown Dallas in August--I've camped at both Cedar Hill State Park and Loyd Park there.  Cedar Hill is an easier drive, but only a few of the sites are really HDT friendly.  For either show, you should be able to get free admission if you sign up in advance.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

16 hours ago, Nuke-E said:

I sure hope those have more padding than the seats in part of the plane I end up in!

I'd definitely plan on one of the truck shows.  Not necessarily to buy there, but at least to figure out what you want.  MATS in Louisville (end of March/early April) is at the Kentucky Expo Center in Louisville, and there are RV sites with hookups right there.  GATS is at the convention center in downtown Dallas in August--I've camped at both Cedar Hill State Park and Loyd Park there.  Cedar Hill is an easier drive, but only a few of the sites are really HDT friendly.  For either show, you should be able to get free admission if you sign up in advance.

Thanks David.  I have not been to the MATS that sounds like a good one to try.  Dallas in August sounds rough but we have never been to Texas so it would be good from that standpoint.   I found a show in Atlanta this month but the description says it’s aimed at fleet buyers.  Probably nothing of interest for us there.

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

1 hour ago, Sculptor said:

Thanks David.  I have not been to the MATS that sounds like a good one to try.  Dallas in August sounds rough but we have never been to Texas so it would be good from that standpoint.   I found a show in Atlanta this month but the description says it’s aimed at fleet buyers.  Probably nothing of interest for us there.

Yeah, the one in Atlanta isn't what you're after.  Dallas wasn't too terrible last time I was there for the show--don't get me wrong, it was hot, but manageable with shade at the RV parks.  Louisville has ranged from hot to perfect to snow.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com