New 3D project (only marginally related to HDTs)

phoenix2013

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be thinking of you Henry. Best wishes.

Carl, signed a ton of paperwork today and had a session with a member of a clan discussing how we are going to take this old carcass, put it in a la-la land and put certain things in place to prevent full awareness of "WHAT REALLY TOOK PLACE", when the carcass is cranked over again and brought back to the land of the conscious. A fun can be had when an anesthesiologist is engaged by an engineer and vice versa.

Carl, signed a ton of paperwork today and had a session with a member of a clan discussing how we are going to take this old carcass, put it in a la-la land and put certain things in place to prevent full awareness of "WHAT REALLY TOOK PLACE", when the carcass is cranked over again and brought back to the land of the conscious. A fun can be had when an anesthesiologist is engaged by an engineer and vice versa.

Henry,

You would have loved being an orthopedic surgeon. They get to use every tool known to man, drills, hammers, screws etc on people. Heck, they probably have a least a hundred studies in their medical journals on "How to Use a Ladder in the Operating Room". Oh yeah, male or female, you couldn't get into an orthopedic residency program unless you were an offensive or defensive lineman or linebacker. (Just kidding, worked with many great orthopedists and sounds you have a quality one).

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Just remember, you WILL set off the metal detector at an airport...........

Yes, but coming out of Orlando Airport Wednesday, I was told because of Pre-Check, the alarms went off, but all they made me do was stand in the "take a naked picture of me" booth, and then no pat down (and I mean serious pat down!). I also say the screen he was looking at and it showed nothing!! No implants (knees guys) and not anything else that might be disturbing to others!

But that wasn't the case flying out of DFW! Computer out of bag, shoes off, belt off, personal rub up (he didn't even ask my name!). It was also Pre-Check! I guess HomeLand non security still can't get it together!

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Yep, Henry, we 70+ year olds do get Borgafied a lot. Just doing our part to keep TSA on their toes. We’ll be thinking of you on the 14th.

2001 Volvo 610 HDT with Smart Car bed and ET Junior hitch

2007 New Horizons Summit 38

2013 Smart for Two

2012 Easy Racer Tour Easy recumbent bicycle

"There is no path. Paths are made by walking." – Spanish poet Antonio Machado

My wife has both knees replaced and we flew from Minneapolis to Montego Bay with a layover in Dallas. She would set off the detector anytime she went through. They then used the hand wand. The only thing they really raised hell about was the 14 oz bottle of shampoo.....

I guess I'm lucky. The little piece of titanium in my neck (spans three vertebra) plus the screws doesn't make the detector go off.

VisitedStatesMap.gif

A relative had his knee replaced 18 months ago and he was Snow Skiing last winter, amazing. He told me his recovery was all about that he complete the PT to ensure full flexibility.

Hopefully now that your transformation to the Borg Collective you're eating plan will be a little substantial. ;)

Wishing you a safe surgery and successful recovery.

Planning Nanook version 2.0

Nanook "When we made ready to depart, after a few days, Nanook was beside himself with joy. Hudson Stuck

Had quadruple one done a year ago. Cherished that one for over 10 years. My new general took one look at it and said, "you are going to see a surgeon". Surgeon did all the work laprascopically, total nonevent. They put me out in the morning, went home early afternoon.

Best wishes---getting these artificial parts. I've already got two artificial eyes (cataracts). Unfortunately I get no telephoto or x-ray vision.... On that, I wished I had done both at once..that week in between was weird.

No camper at present.

Way too many farm machines to maintain.

Word is Henry had his surgery and all went well. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Ok, update. Apparently had second knee done today and did well. The Borg transformation is complete.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Carl, today was a day after the second one, which, as you well sucks big times.

On the day after the first one I had the discussion with Dr. Rosario's assistants about not doing it right away and wait few month. They understood and said it was a perfectly OK course of action. But then came day number three and compared to day number two the operation is a breeze (or you do not know any better under the drugs). We'll see what tomorrow brings and I already had most of my weight on the new knee.

Get well soon Henry.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Archived