Texas absentee ballot.

bigjim

Just wondering if anyone else failed to receive an absentee ballot that they applied for in Polk county Texas. I have never had an issue in the past but failed to receive one for todays primary. I am out of state and it was to be sent out of state.

Earlier I had received 2 voter registration cards with a minor difference on each one. I called and supposedly had it corrected and was told which one to use. My current one shows 193 Rainbows End Even Dr. The actual mailing address that it was sent to was my correct address. I was tempted to drive over 500 miles one way to vote in this primary as I take voting seriously.

Did anyone else receive voter registrations like this?

We had no problem. Used our regular address. I now which address you are talking about - didn't use it this time and had no problem getting it mailed to us. Since we are over 65, we have all ballots mailed to us at our Livingston address.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I am not over 65 and have a problem every election. I rarely get my ballot. I did not get it this time as well. Very upset about it. My voter registration cards are correct. I've called and been told they are coming etc, but never do. I'll try again in the general election and hope they come.

Who did you call? There is a paper form that must be used to get an absentee ballot. We have never had any problem in our ballots arriving in plenty of time but you do need to apply early. Am I correct that you are seeking a TX absentee ballot, from Polk County?

County Clerk's Office
PO Drawer 2119
Livingston, TX. 77351
936-327-6804

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 4 weeks later...

Very frustrated with the Texas Absentee Voting system, we are not 65 and therefore according to their rules, we can only request 1 absentee ballot each year. Further more since we travel fulltime, we use the Escapees mail service to forward all of our mail, but I soon found out that we were rejected for a ballot because the address they send the ballot to must be located outside the county of Polk. I told them they will forward all of our mail including any ballots they send, but according to the rules, the address must be located outside the county. Of course I can have them send it to a family member in another State, but what a hassle. Frustrated Full timer that wants to perform his civic duty :(

2014 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 31SA

2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

RV Blog: http://seizethedayrvadventure.com/

Thank you Linda H, that link was very helpful, it listed an out of county address for Escapee members to have their ballots sent to. Problem solved.

That is the way in which they have been doing the absentee ballots for as long as we have been members of Escapees. Unless a person happens to be staying in the same location for several months it is by far the best answer for most fulltimers. Unfortunately somehow the information broke down and didn't get to you before.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

My sister lives in Washington State. Like Oregon, everyone gets ballots in the mail and then mail back or drop off. So much simpler for everyone.

Except for the primary which are in the form of caucuses (Washington). We just attended our first caucus ever last Saturday...the reason we're back in Washington State so early!

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

• 4 months later...

Hello. When I click on the link LindaH provided, I receive a 404 error. I've looked on the Escapees website, but find nothing about an address to where absentee ballots are mailed. We, too, are full timers and would like to receive absentee ballots. Can someone shed light on where I can find absentee ballot information for Polk County Escapee residents?

Thanks.

Bob, Janice & Guinness

40' 2001 DS Monaco Executive, towing 2009 Saturn Vue

• 3 weeks later...

Just watchin' and wondering since for the 1st time ever I did not get one at last election and when I got my new voter Id in Jan? I got 2 with slight differences and that new weird to me address using the mail service. I called and that was supposedly fixed but now I don't trust them since it seems they seem to be trying to disinfranchise a lot of voters in Texas and a nuber of other states.

So you know how it works. I made a few calls then the next day I get the form in the mail and now I have 1 to be added to my mail out and another directly from the early voting clerk. That will make 3. I hope they don't decide I am going to try and vote 3 times. I also checked with the early voting clerk and was told I wasn't registered even though I was looking at my voter ID card as I spoke to her. I was instructed to call the registrar office. (Polk County Tax Office) They checked and said I am registered and the clerk was looking it up using the wrong information. Anyway I think I am a go and will have a ballot soon.

I sent a request to vote by mail for both myself and my husband a few days ago, got an email back stating "thank you for your ballot request". I had called a week ago and she said most ballots would be sent out around the end of Sept.

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Just got off the phone with Polk County Clerks Office. They verified we are registered and that the last time we voted we chose "annual absentee" or whatever the wording is. Since we are over 65 they will automatically mail a vote by mail ballot to us for each election.

The person I spoke with also the ballots are not available yet. They expect to receive them in the next week or so for mailing. In our case they will go to our Rainbow Dr address for forwarding to our present location.

'12 Phaeton 36 QSH hauling '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon 4 down. Follow our travels Click here

Archived