Now Hiring GasLine Survey Will Train

rearnold

refer to post #371 above.. contact kevin via email for more info on who and how many travelers they are going to hire for spring. He is the travelers manager for Southern Cross..

I would like more information on this please. My wife and I are looking at traveling full time next year (2018) and are currently looking for income. We will be new to this life style but looking forward to the opportunities it offers. If you can forward me any information you think I would need and also the qualifications that are required it would be extremely helpful. Please let me know how I can send you my email to receive the info (not sure if there is a PM option on the threads).

Thank you

Brian Bernard

2005 Airstream Classic 31D , pulled with a 2003 F-250 7.3L, CrewCab with a Propride hitch for stability.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

hey Jim

you get the PM i sent couple days ago..??

thanks

Feel free to PM me as well. I'm a field supervisor with Southern Cross and can answer most of your questions you may have.

Thank

2005 Airstream Classic 31D , pulled with a 2003 F-250 7.3L, CrewCab with a Propride hitch for stability.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Sheryl Raffensberger said:

I was invited to the February class, but had to decline as I could not get there within the 2 week notice.  I have since gotten ready, hoping to be invited to the next class.  Is there one set up yet, or do they plan on having another anytime soon?

WOW 2 weeks notice is rather quick for sure.. Please be sure to keep us informed as to how this plays out.. good luck!!!

Southern Cross does training in Atlanta every 2 months or so.  Some of it is based on demand but they try to keep class sizes to 14-16 or so.  They also have other areas where there are trainers available but that depends on the client they are working for.  

PM me for more information if you're interested.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

I talked to you a while back and emailed Pepthedog but haven't heard back. I am still interested but can't commit to training until the fall. Hoping I'm still on the list.

Edited by DuneElliot

2007 Keystone Springdale 245 FWRLL-S (modified)

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

Cody and Kye, border collie extraordinaires

Latest departure date: 10/1/2017

Find us at www.nomadicpawprints.wordpress.com

Hey jim

do you know if kevin is still working at SCC or not.. Have not heard anything from him in a while. Know he was traveling more and had gotten out of airstream into house near atlanta but thus far no more info.. 

is Southern Cross still hiring or needing folks to work.. 

thanks

carl 

Yes, Kevin is still working for SC.  We are slammed with projects right now.  

Dune- Send him an email at Kcartwright at southerncrossinc dot com.

It hard to say yes we can put you to work next fall.  The traveler side of Southern Cross is fluid. We have seasonal projects, full-time projects that we help staff with travelers for emergencies, plus companies are always calling asking for help on 2 week to 6 month projects.  Some techs take time off between projects, take summers or winters off, or have their personal situation change, which affects Kevin's staffing levels on any given day.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

• 3 years later...

Just curious if this company is still operating and still hiring...I know this is an old thread but we have been following it since the first page and the timing has just never been right for us. With the possibility of the Oil and gas industry going down like a rock we might be looking for something else to do part time.

when i inquired on southern cross's facebook page about the travelers line inspections jobs they responded it was still ongoing.  i had a link at one point but not able to find it. 

the amounts had gone up in all categories.

here is the info i got back in 2019

Hi Carl, I just wanted to circle back to you on the Mobile Gas Leak (Travelers) position. Kevin does not work for the company any longer but I partnered with him in working with our traveler staff. You are welcome to email me at nmoore@southerncrossinc.com if you'd like any additional information. Thanks!

Mark and I workkamped with Southern Cross this summer. Feel free to message me if you’d like to chat or have any questions. Or if you have any questions I can answer here. Overall it was a good experience and we would do it again. They have asked us to return in the spring (actually wanted us to stay thru winter, but we wanted a break) and we are considering returning. 

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 7:57 AM, Rover said:

Mark and I workkamped with Southern Cross this summer. Feel free to message me if you’d like to chat or have any questions. Or if you have any questions I can answer here. Overall it was a good experience and we would do it again. They have asked us to return in the spring (actually wanted us to stay thru winter, but we wanted a break) and we are considering returning. 

Vicki

Thanks for the replies guys! Rover, if you don't mind I might shoot you a message in the future about what to expect and the details about the job! Thanks for replying!

15 hours ago, coachmac9 said:

Thanks for the replies guys! Rover, if you don't mind I might shoot you a message in the future about what to expect and the details about the job! Thanks for replying!

Sure, anytime.

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk