Help our clothes and wrinkly from the tiny dryer!

We've been full-time since May 1! Yay! We have a 2005 Dutch star motorhome. It has a washer and dryer, but we cannot figure out how to get our clothes without wrinkles! We've tried tennis balls, yanking the clothes out right away, we've even tried aluminum foil balled up. Of course we are using fabric softener sheets. Thanks for your help! ?

:)

If you have a combo unit they seem to wash about twice what they will dry well. We learned to take everything out of ours, shake it out to remove the creases from the spin cycle then put half back to dry. That worked out well for us for the most part, for something that usually wrinkled we'd add tennis balls.

This is interesting: http://www.consumersearch.com/as-seen-on-tv/dryer-balls

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

I'm also curious as to what others that have the stackable washer and dryer do to help minimize the wrinkles. We have the Whirlpool stackables and will be traveling more starting next April when the dw retires so our washer and dryer will undoubtedly be used often.

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304-Spartan Chassis-Cummins ISL 425hp-2013 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Towed-SKP# 120487-FMCA #402879-

We went from a high capacity W/D to a small stackable when we moved in to the RV.

Smaller loads help - that was a HUGE adjustment for me.

Also, hang clothes on hangers before they completely dry (popping them a bit when you pull them out). Your rig might look like a large closet but it is just for a few hours. Also, not drying them completely in the dryer makes them last longer.

I hope you find a solution that works for you. ~Susan

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

I agree, it is so easy to overload the compact washers and I think that contributes to more wrinkles.

You will probably do more loads with the compact but the but the average regular clothes washer that is less than 10 years old uses approx: 13 gallons and a compact about 1/2 that. We also have a dog that contributes to more wash loads I do a load of wash every other day

I use over the door hangers similar to this to dry clothes31EydNOtT7L._AA160_.jpg

Also DH wears dry fit golf shirts and shorts/pants that go right from the washer to the hanger no dry or ironing necessary.

I just recently started using wool dryer balls that I found at TJ Maxx, they are quieter than other dryer balls and they seem to help. I haven't tried it but if you want to add scent to your clothes you can add essential oils to them.

41xxjHjjAdL._AA160_.jpg

I just googled "Wrinkle free clothes" and found this site . I think many manufactures/department stores offer a line of wrinkle free clothing.

Travelsmith specializes in them but IMHO they are very pricey.

The wife hangs our cloths on a clothesline outside (homemade from PVC) and if in a location where it's frowned upon she hangs in the shower (have command hooks in shower modified to accept clothesline) Retired and time is not an issue.

2008 F350 Lariat 4X4, PSD, DW, Crew Cab, 4:30, Long Bed, Tow Boss

B&W Turnover Ball Campanion Hitch 18K

Transfer Flow In Bed Auxiliary Fuel Tank 50 Gallon

2012 Cedar Creek 36RE

I agree, it is so easy to overload the compact washers and I think that contributes to more wrinkles.

You will probably do more loads with the compact but the but the average regular clothes washer that is less than 10 years old uses approx: 13 gallons and a compact about 1/2 that. We also have a dog that contributes to more wash loads I do a load of wash every other day

I use over the door hangers similar to this to dry clothes31EydNOtT7L._AA160_.jpg

Also DH wears dry fit golf shirts and shorts/pants that go right from the washer to the hanger no dry or ironing necessary.

I just recently started using wool dryer balls that I found at TJ Maxx, they are quieter than other dryer balls and they seem to help. I haven't tried it but if you want to add scent to your clothes you can add essential oils to them.

41xxjHjjAdL._AA160_.jpg

I just googled "Wrinkle free clothes" and found this site . I think many manufactures/department stores offer a line of wrinkle free clothing.

Travelsmith specializes in them but IMHO they are very pricey.

We went from a high capacity W/D to a small stackable when we moved in to the RV.

Smaller loads help - that was a HUGE adjustment for me.

Also, hang clothes on hangers before they completely dry (popping them a bit when you pull them out). Your rig might look like a large closet but it is just for a few hours. Also, not drying them completely in the dryer makes them last longer.

I hope you find a solution that works for you. ~Susan

We've been using Whirlpool stackables for 8 years. No wrinkles here. A typical heavy load is 3 pair of blue jeans and a couple t shirts.

I did learn that liquid softener works better than dryer sheets and I went to a higher quality concentrated softener

Also make sure you are using the appropriate amount of detergent. HE type detergent takes very little. I was over using in the beginning and discovered that was why my clothes were a little dingy and also the rinse cycle ran longer.

Also read your owners manual. Different wash setting require you to set the right spin speed.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

This sounds crazy, but I saw it in some RV magazine a few years ago. Before putting your clothes in the dryer, fold them and stack them in the dryer. This apparently reduces the tangling that occurs and causes wrinkles. Remove the clothes just before they are totally dry, as others have mentioned. Immediately hang the hanging clothes, and fold the folding clothes, before they cool down. This is not as important for small items, but really seems to help with larger items such as slacks, bedding, towels, sweats, etc. Most RV laundry manufacturers recommend liquid softener, rather than dryer sheets.

Simple fix.. Small loads take them out of the dryer when finished. We can do a weeks with of laundry in our commercial grade washer in our S&B in one load.,In the RV we do a small load near every other day and at times every day.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Archived