HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

Good to hear it was uneventful Rod. I would imagine it will take a few days to decompress. Enjoy.

fbcover2.jpg

Fulltiming, Class of 2013

2001 Volvo VNL 610 with Smart Hauler Bed (FOOTLOOSE)

2012 Smart 4 Two (FANCY-FREE)

2004 Newmar Mountain Aire with Motorcycle Lift (LEADFOOT)

2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra (LIGHTFOOT)

"Submarines Forever"

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see your smile from Vegas!

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

Parked in Shueyville, Iowa (just south of Cedar Rapids) until Mid December. Had to drive through snow today to get there. My nice bright shiny new trailer is no longer. It is covered with mud Ice and Snow. Hope it warms up enough in the next few days that I can wash it. Hate seeing it like this.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Pulled into Christmas Florida a few days ago. Will be set up here for the winter (unless jello plans change) I'm in the still working dept. so will be bouncing back and forth to the great white (cold) north off and on throughout the winter. Hoping that from here we will make it to the ECR in April (fingers crossed)

Cheers!

Mike

2000 W900L KW
Singled, C15 CAT 475 HP 18 sp, 3:36 rear, power locker,ET Hitch,,22.5 rubber

2011 Excel 36CFE Limited

photo2_zpse35f7a55.jpg

Chip and Ruth,

Check the Walls up post. there should be a link to some photos there. If you don't find it PM me and I will send you a link.

. I am back at Space Craft for some things. Staying in the colder temperatures than they expected. Glad I found out now and not in a few years when I may stay North in the snow over a winter to see if I really still miss it. Jack and Danielle came by to take a look and Roger and Debbie plan to see it too. Hope I am still here to show it off, but plan to leave it and head back North until after Thanksgiving. It's supposed to be 5 in Cedar Rapids Saturday so I don't think the truck and trailer will miss being exposed to those conditions. Concordia is forecast to remain in the teens.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

• 2 weeks later...

Headed down to Q in Jan anyone around and thinking about joinning the Ham guys During the rush of Rvers....leave Nebr first of year!!

97 9200 cornbinder super 10 M11E cummins 1350 ftlbs
81 CJ7 jeep
2000 36ft nuwa king dome onan 6500LP gen/remote start
94 sport Nautique
2007 dyna wide glide 6 speed
N7UVW
2007 30ft work&play-LK-- toy hauler by forest river

2006 Alfa toyhouse 40 ft

2010 42kz Escalade toyhauler

In Lynchburg, VA area for another week or so, then down to Summerdale, AL.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

The DW and I are at Jellystone RV Park in Canyon Lake, TX to visit with family in the area. Temps in the low 80's the past couple of days, but looks like the latest Arctic blast is going to take us below freezing, even in the Texas Hill Country.

Bill Greenwade

Full Timer from Mena, Arkansas

2012 KZ 40ft 5th Wheel Toy Hauler

1998 Volvo VNL 610

Kathy and I are at Trinity Spring Oaks Mobile Home and RV Park in Spring, TX, for the duration of my current work assignment. If anybody is in the area, please let us know!

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

We are in Concord, NC at the Ver-Al Mobile Home Village just across the street from the Charlotte Motor Speedway for 10 days, as we continue our migration southward to Florida.

Cindy & Jeff Brett
2014 Mobile Suite Memphis 44'
2004 Volvo 630 (The Sonshine Express), ET Hitch, Jackalopee & Szmyt Wonderbed
2016 Smart (Blanche)

I forgot to say I am back in my S & B 25 miles East of Show Low Az. brought back with me a new 2014 Keystone Fuzion toy hauler . Will be back to Phoenix Az mid-January for DW doctor appointment and looking for a Smart car to put in the new toy hauler.

2019 Thor Chateau 28E on a Ford E450 chassis. Maybe awhile but will get a new picture forgive one up there it is my old rig.

• 2 weeks later...

The trip South started this morning. Following the snow storm heading to the Northeast. All roads fine in Iowa but as soon as I crossed into Missouri they were 70% snow packed. Pulled off at the Flying J truck stop at Wayland and had brunch, filled a propane tank and messed around until I thought enough time had passed to have the melting to take place. Timing was pretty good. Not sure, but I think maybe the Flying J paid the state to not put a melting agent on the road for 10 miles around their truck stop. Funny how the road was completely clear in Iowa and then 10 miles down the road from the Truck Stop it got clear again.

Found a good Campground for a stop. WIll take photos tomorrow and ask if I can list them for the HDT Campground site. It's Whittington Woods at Benton Whittington, IL phone 618-435-3401 and open even in December.

Rod

Should have checked the Guide before. It's already in there.

rod

Edited by 1Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Continuing our southern migration and are now in Savannah, GA at the Hunter Army Airfield FamCamp for about 10 days. Had a ball in the Charlotte area. Enjoyed a nice German meal, some good smoked turkey and a nice Mexican buffet. Went to the NASCAR Hall of Fame, and drove a "race car" on Charlotte Motor Speedway through the Mario Andretti Racing Experience. It was a HOOT!

Cindy & Jeff Brett
2014 Mobile Suite Memphis 44'
2004 Volvo 630 (The Sonshine Express), ET Hitch, Jackalopee & Szmyt Wonderbed
2016 Smart (Blanche)

We are in Knoxville visiting the Springfields at Raccoon Valley Escapees Park.Leave to day headed south. Will overnight in Montgomery, then be at Rainbow Plantation by Tuesday.

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

We are in Knoxville visiting the Springfields at Raccoon Valley Escapees Park.Leave to day headed south. Will overnight in Montgomery, then be at Rainbow Plantation by Tuesday.

I was thinking of taking a detour throught Knoxville, Would have kept me in the cold weather too long though. My batteries are not doing well with the Fridge and the furnace running too. Have turned both off for now. Not much in the fridge anyway, and have gotten to above 45 for the outside temperatures.

Sitting in the First Rest stop in Florida on I-75, Trying to decide if Ga fuel is cheaper then Fl. Last year it wasn't.

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Jeff, keep us in mind while in FL. We will be in Blackwater State Park (Near Pensacola) from Jan through Mar with the exception of the Tampa show, which we are going to. If our paths dont cross there we will see you at the ECR.

Jim, we going to the RV show in Tampa Jan. 15-19 with another HDT couple. Will be there in the fairgrounds RV area then over to Bay Bayou until Feb. 1st. From there over to Carabelle on the panhandle/Gulf at Ho-Hum for the month of Feb. Not sure about March but have reservations for the ECR in April. We hope to hook up with you and anyone else from the forum in Tampa.

Edited by RandyA

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Budd,

I spent a week in Fallon one afternoon. It was the last stop on US 50 to get the stamp to prove we'd done the Lonliest Road in America. Except we didn't just do the Nevada section, we did Ocean City, MD to the Pacific Ocean.

You're right. Fallon has little to offer.

Moved to South Lake Tahoe for Christmas. Much nicer than Fallon, NV.... duh!

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

We will be at the Fairgrounds as part of the Rally group for the Tampa show as well.

www.jackdanmayer.com

We will be at the Fairgrounds as part of the Rally group for the Tampa show as well.

Great! Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

We will probably get to the fairgrounds on the 14th and spend the night in the parking area. We will move into the RV section on the morning of the 15th as soon as they open up. Charlie will be with us in "Towmater" so you guys will get to meet for the first time.

Edited by RandyA

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Heading to Austin (Buda), TX and will be there through the first of March. Staying right next to Cabela's so give us a call if you are coming through.

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |