class of 2014..follow along!

Any friends with a little room. Doesn't take much!

Lisa and Greg Kenley

Topsee Turvee the Terror Terrier

Oreo the O.C.D. Border Collie

1994 HR Navigator 38' DP, Restored

2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubi, Pushin

Hello from Swamp East Missouri, USA

And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod

The high untrespassed sanctity of space,

Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all

Just wanted to introduce ourselves. My husband and I are lovers of nature, he is a renewable energy nut and I am an artist. Working as a engineering prof and accountant by trade. We are also leaving the work life behind in January of 2014. I saw my first post was in 2007! So, we have been counting the years and saving for awhile. Since then, we got our kids raised and are getting our house ready to sell.

We originally planned to leave in 2012 but if i stay until January of 2014 my benefits are MUCH better, so I will stick it out for 38 more months.

We bought a Duramax 250 and a copper canyon 5th but, I think we need a 5th wheel with an arctic package.

Looking forward to enjoying TIME.

Dana

Welcome Back Dana!

Renewable energy has become a bigger and bigger interest of mine as we approach our retirement. I am leaning toward a fulltimimg lifestyle where we can spend lengthy sustainable periods off of the grid.

Jim

fbcover2.jpg

Fulltiming, Class of 2013

2001 Volvo VNL 610 with Smart Hauler Bed (FOOTLOOSE)

2012 Smart 4 Two (FANCY-FREE)

2004 Newmar Mountain Aire with Motorcycle Lift (LEADFOOT)

2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra (LIGHTFOOT)

"Submarines Forever"

Welcome Dana! We have been planning and dreaming since early 2009 so not quite as long as you. :) It has gone by fast.

We also have been working to get our house ready to sell - I think that is going to be the most nerve-wracking part of this whole journey. :o

Jessica and Harry

Fulltimers as of 12/12/12

2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD

2011 Heartland Landmark Rushmore

www.rikerrvdays.blogspot.com

We are about to start our last big project on the house! We had an appt. yesterday with someone from a company called Hickory Hill Cabinetry. They are going to completely redo our kitchen this winter - reface the cabinets, new dishwasher, granite countertops, tile backsplash. :D I am so excited! We will be able to use it for a couple of years, and hopefully it will be a big selling feature when we put our house on the market!

Jessica and Harry

Count me in for the class of 2014! I have 4 more years with my employer before I can get a pension. At that point I will be 3 years from full Social Security. I need to be 66 for S.S. So, if I can swing the 3 years between 63 and 66 I AM OUTTA THERE!

In the meantime, if the housing market gets better here in Delaware I will sell the house. Then I can move into the moho fulltime while I work toward my pension. A place to park the moho during the cold/snowy winter will be a challenge. I can park at my brother's with electric. but Water will be available but no sewer. As long as the drive is plowed I can get out to get propane and dump. All I need to do is be organized and it should work.

Positive thinking!

Thinking positive that I will be a fulltimer!

Chip

06 SurfSide model a29

2 slides

Ford V10

04 Chevy Astro van toad

Chip

06 SurfSide

30ft class A

2 slides

V10 Ford chassis

Welcome to the class of 2014. Everyone says it will be here before you know it but I am not so sure. I really want it here now!!!! Let's get this real estate market turned around and flushed out so something other than forclosures are being sold. In ouor neighborhood the only sales this year (both of them) have been forclosures.

Hopefully the people sent to Washington DC (both new and old) will focus on 3 things: 1. Jobs 2. Jobs 3. Jobs so everyone who is out of work can work and feed and protect their families.

End of rant.

Now if only 2014 will get here tomorrow we will all be happier.

Chris & Joni
The Beagles now 3 Daphne, Ace and Flash
looking
2016 Acura MDX

http://jnctravelogue.wordpress.com

Hey Cruiser56, welcome to the class of '14!

I think (hope) it will come quickly! I went this morning and renewed my notary for my job. My new expiration date is 11/2014. :huh: Guess what I am going to be thinking of now every time I use my stamp? :blink:

Jessica and Harry

Welcome to the club, Cruiser56. In just two short months, we can all say, less than three years to go. Doesn't that sound sweeeeeeeet. Remember to stay with this forum. You can learn dare I say everthing one needs to know about the RV lifestyle. Keep reading, keep learning, keep the questions coming. There are no dumb ones here. Looking forward to making the CLASS OF 14, one of the best.

Lisa and Greg Kenley

I am three months from my three year anniversary. It's getting closer each day. :lol:

fbcover2.jpg

Fulltiming, Class of 2013

2001 Volvo VNL 610 with Smart Hauler Bed (FOOTLOOSE)

2012 Smart 4 Two (FANCY-FREE)

2004 Newmar Mountain Aire with Motorcycle Lift (LEADFOOT)

2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra (LIGHTFOOT)

"Submarines Forever"

Three years and two months. The time is going by fast. We just finished the interior upgrade to our camper. And finally, just got it home yesterday from the body shop. I peeled the old cracked, fadded, worn out stickers off the side two months ago. Just got the exterior painted with automotive paint including clear coat. We matched the design of the orriginal stickers, but DW made the color choices. IT LOOKS GREAT. Now we have a 16 year old, (soon to be 17) that looks a lot younger for her age. Headed to Cave in Rock State Park Illinois, on the Ohio River, for the weekend. Going to show off her new colors and interior to anyone willing to have a look. C U on the Road. G

Lisa and Greg Kenley

We are still at the point of de-cluttering, and this week we got rid of a big item. We had an elliptical that we put up for sale; I expected it to take a while, but it sold in only a week. We used the money from the sale to begin a start-up fund, and now all of our sale money will go in there. We will be ordering our fiver in 2 years and 3 months! :)

Jessica and Harry

hey the fund is a great idea. When we get back from our Christmas/New Years trip I am going to start putting some stuff on ebay and also organize and set up for a garage sale probably in late April (make sure we have good weather) to start down sizing stuff.

Chris & Joni
The Beagles now 3 Daphne, Ace and Flash
looking
2016 Acura MDX

http://jnctravelogue.wordpress.com

I have a question for my fellow 2014 classmates or anyone else.

How soon do I start clearing the house of "stuff". I have started getting rid of un-used clutter. But, the big question is: How empty do you make the house? I still need to work and live here until 2014. I am finding and/or have stuff and knicknacks that I like having around. When the time comes to move into the motorhome I will not have a problem getting rid of the "decorative" stuff. Unfortunatly I am unable to park my motorhome next to the house. As I type this I realize there is no clear answer. I am just getting anxious to fulltime.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Chip

06 SurfSide

Chip

06 SurfSide

30ft class A

2 slides

V10 Ford chassis

hey there all!...we are still here..working away...have not been on here in a long while..nice to see more members have added their comments!..we too are planning for june 2014...only two more summers and then the big plans will start!..40 months is all!..not very long!..we will keep plugging away..keepin our eye on the prize!

take care everyone!

mumzilla

class of 2014

keep an eye on the prize

our rig when we get it will be still be called

BIGDAWG..AND FREEWAY

..we have half of our rig now..FREEWAY IS

OUR TOAD..

2010 JEEP WRANGLER

I have a question for my fellow 2014 classmates or anyone else.

How soon do I start clearing the house of "stuff". I have started getting rid of un-used clutter. But, the big question is: How empty do you make the house? I still need to work and live here until 2014. I am finding and/or have stuff and knicknacks that I like having around. When the time comes to move into the motorhome I will not have a problem getting rid of the "decorative" stuff. Unfortunatly I am unable to park my motorhome next to the house. As I type this I realize there is no clear answer. I am just getting anxious to fulltime.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Chip

06 SurfSide

we too are in the same position as you Chip...just one closet at a time..is all we can do for now!..we are very anxious too..!..counting down the months!!...hang in there..it will be here before you know it!

mumzilla

class of 2014

keep an eye on the prize

BIGDAWG..AND FREEWAY

OUR TOAD..

2010 JEEP WRANGLER

We are still at the point of de-cluttering, and this week we got rid of a big item. We had an elliptical that we put up for sale; I expected it to take a while, but it sold in only a week. We used the money from the sale to begin a start-up fund, and now all of our sale money will go in there. We will be ordering our fiver in 2 years and 3 months! :)

good for you, Harry and Jessica!..that is good thing!..might be a good idea for us too!!!..sell more stuff!..we love craig's list!!

mumzilla

class of 2014

keep an eye on the prize

BIGDAWG..AND FREEWAY

OUR TOAD..

2010 JEEP WRANGLER

Hi Chip,

We have changed our mind somewhat about the issue of how much we get rid of. Right now I am putting together stuff that we never use, like bookcases in a guest room, kitchen items, etc. and every summer we are having a yard sale. What doesn't sell at one, we save for the next year's. The last summer, whatever is left, we will give away if it's any good, or throw out. We have some knick knacks, like lighthouses etc, that we won't take with us, but will probably keep for when we land someday so those will stay out until close to the end. We will probably pack those up when we put the house up for sale. As far as big items like furniture, first we were going to clean out pretty much everything except what we were using. But then I started watching shows like "Get it Sold" about how to stage your house for a quick sale. So now we will be keeping at least a little furniture for each room until after it's sold. We will be busy those last few weeks for sure! It could change somewhat, but that's our general plan. :)

Jessica and Harry

How empty do you make the house? I still need to work and live here until 2014. I am finding and/or have stuff and knicknacks that I like having around.

Go look at a few model homes. They're not empty but not full either. Keep the things you use and the things that give you pleasure and the things that make it look like anyone could live there. Once you are ready to put the house on the market, take down any family pictures so potential buyers can imagine their family instead of yours in that place.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Archived