Directv on the road

I have just gotten Directv and was looking thru the threads about which receiver I can take with me on when I go out camping and not really clear which receiver I have to take for it to work. Can I just take one of the room boxes and leave the main box at home or do you have to take the main box? Thank you for your help!

2010 25' Dunesport Monsoon TH

2001 Ford Excursion V10

1997 Kawasaki 1100STX Jetski

1991 Kawasaki Bayou 300 4x4

1989 Kawasaki Bayoy 220 2x4

You can take any receiver been doing it for years.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Can I just take one of the room boxes and leave the main box at home or do you have to take the main box?

If your "main unit" is a Genie (HR34/44/54) and if your room units are miniGenie clients then you MUST take the main unit for use in your RV. The room units cannot function on their own. If your room units are standalone receivers they can be used in the RV.

But if the room units are receivers or DVRs with model numbers >24 they are SWM-only and you will need to ensure that your RV dish is SWM-compatible. Genies, of course, are SWM-only models.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

What Sandie and Joel said is the experience I've had with my DirecTV. Also note that if you have "whole house" setup you need to take any or all recorders you have. Otherwise the program you want may not be available. Good luck and enjoy. Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

Archived