Dog urine stain

Bob Vaughn

Our dog which is house broke took a pee on our carpet in the 5th wheel. Stanley Steamer could not get the stain out so we have a dark stain on our carpet. I am looking for a solution to this problem. Replacing the carpet right now is not an option. I wonder if a carpet dyer could just dye the carpet??

I have found that using detergent on a pee stain will set the stain. Instead I use lots of water and pick it up. Then finish with vinagar and water about 50-50. To get it out now you might try oxiclean but if left on to long or to strong it may bleach the spot.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

We have had good luck with Capture, which is an enzymatic spray/powder (likely diatomaceous earth) combination product. It is available at Home Depot last I checked.

You mist the stain with the spray, work the powder in with a brush and let it dry for several hours, then vacuum.

This is a similar product to one marketed as pet-specific, www.planeturine.com if you need larger quantities.

Now, if the stain is a lightening/bleaching of the carpet, this unfortunately won't help.

Michelle

Archived