What do you use for "address book"? i.e., phone, b-dates, email, etc

canyonier

What do you folks use for a computerized address book?

That is, can you recommend a software program to keep track of Names, addresses, phone #'s, email, b-dates, etc? And also be able to print envelopes and/or address labels, say for Christmas cards? I used to have a couple of programs that did this, but they have gone by the wayside.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Glenn

You are assuming that everyone is using the same operating systems. All Apple products come with a contacts database that can be linked from email to phone to other Apple products. Christmas cards, as in physical ones? The few we do that aren't electronic, I just address by hand.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

We have Android phones and Windows 10 laptops. We use the contacts app that came with Windows 10 (prior to Win 10, we used the Live Mail client with the same functions). With our Live mail accounts (Microsoft servers), the contacts are backed up on-line and synced along with the calendars on our phones. If any of the devices are lost or die, contacts and calendars are safe. We don't do snail mail any more.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

We use Microsoft Outlook and gsync to synchronize our contacts with gmail contacts. That way both of us on the PCs and the phones have the same set of contacts. From Outlook we can generate spreadsheets and mailing lists.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Mark, I'm curious what functions of Outlook keep you on it. I find Gmail and Contacts to be both simple and effective. But I don't do the fancy stuff you tend to do....I'm more of a simple guy. So is there something I'm missing since I left Outlook in the dust ? I don't generate a lot of mailings....

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Quick Steps, Macros, to name a couple of things that makes Outlook the only mail client I use. I use most of the Office 365 Suite applications because of macros and integration.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Yep, what he said. For me, a biggie is that Outlook tasks works directly with OneNote task flagging. Unfortunately, I use Google INBOX for my primary mail. It just takes care of stuff without my building 3500 rules to sort and process my mail. Once I got it figured out, I deleted over 200 rules in outlook/Gmail and I only see what I want to see right now.

Still like outlook but not so much Outlook web but between Outlook, Onenote and Excel I don't really need much else except when I have to work with other people. Then I usually default to Google stuff.

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

Archived