FL health insurance - under 65

chindog

We just went fulltime RV. We haven't changed domicile yet, though, as we just moved out of the sticks and bricks, and still have to spruce it up and put it on the market. We are GA residents, retired, and are under age 65. We currently have insurance through the healthcare marketplace (no other option). We've been fortunate to have a plan that allows access to healthcare across the country. In fact, I had an accident when we were in AZ earlier this year, and hospital and doctor visits were covered.

Since we are now full timers, we were planning on using the Escapees Bushnell address as our domicile. But, have run into a big problem. I contacted an insurance broker, and they told me there are no marketplace plans with national coverage for residents of Bushnell, FL.

Can this be right? Are there any FL residents with marketplace plans (silver or gold levels) that have national coverage? I understand some of the big insurance companies are pulling out of FL for 2017, but are there any left that early retirees can get coverage from?

Mike and Retha Hopkins

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

So don't change your domicile unless you have to.

We're insured through the exchange with BCBS EPO (same as PPO) in Lutz, Fla., with a PMB at a UPS Store. We're changing to a PMB in Green Cove Springs and at last check the same BCBS EPO policy is available in that zip code. Of course months down the line it might all disappear.

-C&J-

CG reviews & more - www.fugawetribe.com

Archived