Interesting note from RV Park Reviews

Kirk W

I thought that the information in an email that I just received from these folks might be of interest to everyone here, even those who don't subscribe to their updates.

16 - August - 2016 RV Park Reviews NewsTogether we have created an amazing resource for RVers to find great campgrounds. Last month we set a record with 6,288 reviews submitted! We need this volume to keep our reviews fresh and thus provide the best experience possible. Thank you for being a part of our community and helping make RV Park Reviews such a great resource.

As summer wraps up, we would like to encourage you to leave a review for every stay at a campground. You may leave reviews for the campgrounds you've visited in the last 6 months (even if it is a campground you have reviewed in previous years). Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is important. My brother recently visited a campground that I had researched on Rvparksreview. It had very mixed results. He was pleased with what he found and with a very discriminating eye felt is a work in progress of updating an older park.

We had a similar experience last week.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Concentrate on the written comments and ignore the ratings. Too much subjectivity in the ratings. What you rate a 9 I rate a 5. Hopefully reviewers use words to convey their experience instead.

I always leave a review on parks I stay at and I usually look at their site when planning stops.

Some people think there's no reason to post new reviews for parks they go to regularly, but those are the reviews that provide the best data because they show trends. Was the park as good this year as in previous years? Have they made improvements? Have some things gone downhill? That's the reason we're reminding people to post reviews every time they stay at a park.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

We rarely, if ever, have a bad experience because of rvparkreviews. In addition to using the website to research parks, I cross reference with another review site. This research helps us have positive experiences with no negative surprises. I always leave a detailed review.

Gene, Gayle, & Oliver-(the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ
2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

I normally file a review on every park that we stay in with both these folks and one other that I use. If you use the site in question, you need to help them keep things accurate. The verbal description of what you did or didn't like is the most important part of the review. The park that we are in right now shows a 4.1 out of 5 star rating on Google, but only 2 of 5 from this website. A great part of the value of any rating is dependent upon who is giving the reviews.

The review I posted isn't yet part of the mix in that 2 star rating, but I gave it 3 stars with a written explanation of why.

One other thought.... RV Park Reviews needs to get their phone app out as that would give them a clear edge over any of the other similar sites that I'm aware of.

You mean like the one they released August 14th?

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

One other thought.... RV Park Reviews needs to get their phone app out as that would give them a clear edge over any of the other similar sites that I'm aware of.

Thanks for the plug Kirk! Both Android and iOS phone apps are now available through Google Play and the App Store. There are still a few bugs and needed improvements, but we welcome the feedback of early adopters.

Sandie & Joel

WiFiRanger Ambassador

The app looks nice on ios.

Looks like I'm able to manage our park and edit the settings.

Is the 'Report Concern' button the way to reply to a review?

Jim & Vickie
'07 F150
'10 Chalet XL1935
Chimacum, Wa

Evergreen Coho SKP Park Website:

http://www.evergreencohoskprvpark.com/

Evergreen Coho SKP on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evergreen-Coho-SKP-RV-Park/563601217103332

Is the 'Report Concern' button the way to reply to a review?

No, I don't think so. That's more for the public to report an inappropriate review. Let me check on that for you. I think you would need to enter through an owner's portal.

Sandie & Joel

WiFiRanger Ambassador

You mean like the one they released August 14th?

Does this answer your question?

Both Android and iOS phone apps are now available through Google Play and the App Store. There are still a few bugs and needed improvements, but we welcome the feedback of early adopters.

I'm not sure if many people appreciate getting an email from RV Park Reviews telling you that the review 'comments' wasn't long enough. If I had more to say, I would have said it. I have reviewed the park before, and didn't have that much to add. If my 'comments' aren't long enough, then I guess they don't need my reviews. Really hate to get lecture to by a site where I'M THE ONE DOING THE WORK for them.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Barb, that has been my experience trying to submit a review. While I can understand the need for the submission of two reviews to be accepted into making reviews. It was not worth the hassel to me to have reviews denied because something was not up to their expectations. So I don't submit reviews.

Jeanie and John

Ford F-250 super crew

Americana 34/35 GS (it's a Forest River Cardinal with extras)

I'm not sure if many people appreciate getting an email from RV Park Reviews telling you that the review 'comments' wasn't long enough. If I had more to say, I would have said it. I have reviewed the park before, and didn't have that much to add. If my 'comments' aren't long enough, then I guess they don't need my reviews. Really hate to get lecture to by a site where I'M THE ONE DOING THE WORK for them.

Barb

Barbara:

This has been the subject of much discussion among the RVPR Admins. It is only recently that the site software was modified to include all the "boxes" checked by reviewers. You may not have realized it that for more than a year the information in the boxes was not being displayed in reviews. Now that that problem has been fixed I think you'll find that admins are more "lenient" with respect to the comments posted by reviewers. I wish I could say that you'll never encounter that request again, but our admins are volunteers each of whom has a different "slant" on how they do their jobs.

Joel

Sandie & Joel

WiFiRanger Ambassador

It was not worth the hassel to me to have reviews denied because something was not up to their expectations. So I don't submit reviews.

I'm sorry that you feel that RVPR's requirements are too demanding. We try to ensure that our reviews contain information that is useful to other RVers in deciding whether or not a particular RV park is suitable for them. A review that is not much more than "Great park, will stay again" doesn't tell other readers why that reviewer liked that park. Was it because they have a dog and liked the dog run? Was it because they like the playground that their daughter enjoyed? Now that there are lots of boxes to check on our review pages it is easier for people to write a review without entering much text, but, in the past, the only method for transmitting your thoughts to others was the text you entered. There are lots of sites that will post anything a person wishes to enter; we prefer to ensure some quality baseline for our reviews.

Sandie & Joel

WiFiRanger Ambassador

We've posted many, many reviews and never had any issue with them not being posted. It's really a very simple process and once you start typing it's not a big deal to include a little more information. We would expect reviewers to post some details in their reviews so we can judge for ourselves if the park was geared to our needs. What one person considers adequate or terrible may not relate to us. We'd like to know 'why'.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I've also not had any issues with getting reviews posted. I agree that reviews that simply say, "Nice place. Would stay there again" aren't helpful. When writing a review, I try to be very descriptive of our experience, but also the CG as a whole. As an example, if our site had no shade, I would state that, but I would also state that there are other sites with shade so the person reading will know that not all sites are in the open. I value RVPR, as well as another review site, as a planning tool. As stated in another post, we haven't had a bad experience at a CG because we're able to read reviews prior to choosing a place to stay.

Gene, Gayle, & Oliver-(the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ
2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

I'm not getting paid to do an extensive review for the site. I had reviewed the site previously (3 times IIRC) and while I could cut and paste, didn't see the need to do that. They don't want my review, fine, won't do it. I've got other things to do.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Barb

Barb,

Was it from a "real" person or was it simply a robotic reply? I'll bet they have the system set up for a min amount of letters..... Either way I agree with you. No fun doing their work and then them complaining! :)

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

I had reviewed the site previously (3 times IIRC) and while I could cut and paste, didn't see the need to do that.

I'm surprised that you don't realize that multiple reviews of the same park by the same RVers are incredibly important. Someone who has stayed at a park in the past is uniquely qualified to say whether the park has continued to be a great place to stay or if its best days are in the past. I'm glad you didn't "cut and paste" your older reviews because that wouldn't have helped anyone, but an honest new review of the same park would have been of great value. Hopefully, we can persuade you to try our site one more time.

Joel

Sandie & Joel

WiFiRanger Ambassador

Why should I spend 10-15 minutes listing all the things I checked off on the long, long list you give people to go through? Seriously, it already takes a while to get through all of the check boxes, I made a couple of comments, told them the best price was the weekly rate and that they had a good price on propane. If it had been an awful place I would say so, if the price was outrageous I would have said so. It was a nice, middle of the road park. I don't work for the site, the park, or the Chamber of Commerce. I have enough trouble trying to remember what site we were in - - I do not live to do reviews for the site. I've done 221 reviews but I am thinking I won't bother anymore because I don't need the hassle.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Why should I spend 10-15 minutes listing all the things I checked off on the long, long list you give people to go through?

If you actually went through the entire list of check boxes you probably were the only person to do that in quite a while. :D The boxes are there for the convenience of reviewers; there is no requirement that you complete any particular number of them. Some people, particularly those posting reviews from smart phones, find it easier to check boxes than to write text. I think the computer system requires that you enter a modest number of characters in the Comments box, but beyond that I'm not sure there are any requirements other than to provide a rating for the park you are reviewing.

Sandie & Joel

WiFiRanger Ambassador

Well I'm not sure what a modest amount is because this didn't satisfy the computer:

We've stayed here before 3 times - it is great for visiting family in the area. Best value is the weekly rate.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Archived