New Win10 update question

dirtyboots

Computer came with 8.1, it's an all-in-one and I like it. Decided to upgrade to the Win10 system the other day and since I am located very rural the signal isn't stellar. I'm a former Millenicom customer, I went with the Verizon deal and kept my JetPack. When I started the download all went well other than very very slow to download....after a while the JetPack got HOT and I was only at 12% download so I aborted. Another issue is I'm sensitive to wireless and didn't do well during the download, normal use doesn't' bother me.

My question is...should I worry about the JetPack getting hot? I could leave and not be bothered by the wireless BUT would rather not burn the place down!

I don't HAVE to upgrade, I'm fine with 8.1 and not techie enough to crave the newest, was just interested in seeing what it was like.

Thanks for any comments.

Donna,

Get with a friend that has a cable modem or a library that will let you connect to theirs. You are looking at about 3 GB of downloads after the updates to the upgrade. Then there is the Anniversary update coming 2 August which will be a major upgrade to Windows 10.

If you don't mind waiting because you are going to buy a new computer in the next six years, then fine stay with 8.1 for now. It will cost about $100 for home and $200 for Pro give or take ten or 20 bucks, after the 29th of this month, nine days from now.

It is really no big deal, if a hundred is no big deal for you if you change your mind later.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Donna really nice to hear from you too kiddo! Just ask if I am being too techie. Email remains the same if you prefer to ask in private. ;) .

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived