New Address Format

sandsys

We just received the official format for our new apartment. It looks like this:

1234 Any St Unit 1234

Anytown, Anycity 12345

Note the use of "Unit" instead of apartment or box or suite. I have no idea what implications this has but thought I would pass it along for consideration by those who are worried about using box numbers.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Paul,

Our post office will accept UPS or Fed-Ex deliveries if they are addressed to our PO box as Unit XXX along with the physical street address of the post office. The same address will work for packages from Amazon for example no matter whether USPS, UPS or Fed-Ex deliver the package. The Post Office will hold it at their location for pickup.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Paul,

Our post office will accept UPS or Fed-Ex deliveries if they are addressed to our PO box as Unit XXX along with the physical street address of the post office. The same address will work for packages from Amazon for example no matter whether USPS, UPS or Fed-Ex deliver the package. The Post Office will hold it at their location for pickup.

That is a great Postmaster you have!

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

We just received the official format for our new apartment. It looks like this:

1234 Any St Unit 1234

Anytown, Anycity 12345

Note the use of "Unit" instead of apartment or box or suite. I have no idea what implications this has but thought I would pass it along for consideration by those who are worried about using box numbers.

Linda Sand

I always smile a bit when I see "12345" used as an example ZIP code. It's actually a real ZIP code, but no one lives there. It's assigned to the General Electric Co. facilities in Schenectady, NY. The only "plus 4" used with it is "6000".

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I highly doubt that the term in front of the number of your site really matters. In our community, we live on lot number 211, but our mail is delivered to a central mailbox cluster and guess what our box number is..... ? You guessed right, it is 211 so either one is actually our address. I have seen computer mailing lists that change any such number into either box or apartment and even with our Escapee address before we had a home-base, it never seemed to matter what term was put just ahead of the number.

My bet is that the term is of no significance at all. :P

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I have seen computer mailing lists that change any such number into either box or apartment and even with our Escapee address before we had a home-base, it never seemed to matter what term was put just ahead of the number.

My bet is that the term is of no significance at all. :P

We've had computer programs change what we wrote as well. So as you say, probably not significant. But I thought it might be worth a try for some people just starting out who are having problems.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Archived