Electric water pump for water bladder

BarbDan17

Hi-

I've seen suggestions for water pumps to be used with the portable water bladders. My DH does not want to use a 12V. He would prefer electric. The suggestions mentioned "small electric water pump", but no brand or size. Can anyone suggest a good one? I've also not seen any electric which were FDA approved. Are people using something other than FDA approved?

TIA,

Barbara & Dan

Check out Northern Tool. They have pages of them if I remember correctly. Any plumbing supply house will have 120V AC "Food Grade" pumps.

I just bought a 60g bladder and will be using a 120v and 12v pumps as needed. I bought both years ago from Northern Tool . I cared not whether FDA approved as we only use water tank to wash. Always bottled water to drink, brush teeth and cook.

In most cases I will not need a pump. Bladder goes on roof of the truck, filled from pressure of city water and gravity feed into the trailers tank.

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com

Thanks, rbertalotto. We're currently staying in a COE site with no water hookup, so will have to tote it in the bladder and were hoping to use it for all our water needs. We have some reservations over the winter which will also not have water hookups, so trying to prepare for the future.

We have a 45 gallon bladder and use a 12 volt transfer pump, item #94639 from Harbor Freight. It is a stainless steel pump, and I connected a trailer connector with extra wire to the leads so I can just plug in where the trailer plugs into. The bladder is going to be in the bed of the truck, so the 12 volt power is too convenient, and it pumps quickly.

Archived