class of 2014..follow along!

welcome to the class of 2014 Chouters!!!!..yippeee!!!

mumzilla and the chouters have met face to face.!!..yippee!!..one day we will be on the road together joining all the rest of the class of 2014

mumzilla

class of 2014

keep an eye on the prize

our rig when we get it will be still be called

BIGDAWG..AND FREEWAY

..we have half of our rig now..FREEWAY IS

OUR TOAD..

2010 JEEP WRANGLER

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lisa and I are throwing in. We are 14ers as well. Got the ride, 94 HR Navigator 38' DP, got the toad, 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubi, got the plan, two state employee pensions, no kids, selling the big S/B, building a very small S/B on the old family land on the Current River, Missouri Ozarks. Planning on nearly full timeing. Headed to Alaska, spring of 14. Ill start the thread early 14 after we all celebrate our year. I think I need to make up t-shirts and get some hats made. Maybe stickers for the RV. 2014 rocks. Assuming it is still here after 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa and Greg Kenley

Topsee Turvee the Terror Terrier

Oreo the O.C.D. Border Collie

1994 HR Navigator 38' DP, Restored

2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubi, Pushin

Hello from Swamp East Missouri, USA

And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod

The high untrespassed sanctity of space,

Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

We are also planning on taking to the road fulltime in mid 2014. Having been in the planning stages for over 10 years. Will have to workamp part of the year, but that is fine with us. Can't wait to get started!

Lisa / Greg / Bill,

Welcome, it looks like we are building quite the little group here. It puts a smile on my face to see more posts on this thread, as it makes me feel like that magic date is approaching. I look forward to meeting you guys.

fbcover2.jpg

Fulltiming, Class of 2013

2001 Volvo VNL 610 with Smart Hauler Bed (FOOTLOOSE)

2012 Smart 4 Two (FANCY-FREE)

2004 Newmar Mountain Aire with Motorcycle Lift (LEADFOOT)

2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra (LIGHTFOOT)

"Submarines Forever"

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all! I'm new here, and so excited to find this thread! My DH and I are also in the class of 2014! Harry will retire in 2013, and we plan to put our house on the market in early 2014, and then hit the road! We are in the process right now of cleaning out, purging, selling etc. and at the same time updating our house so hopefully it will sell quickly. A lot to do, but it is worth it, and we are keeping our eyes on the prize. :blink:

Jessica and Harry

Fulltimers as of 12/12/12

2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD

2011 Heartland Landmark Rushmore

www.rikerrvdays.blogspot.com

Welcome Jessica and Harry,

You will find these boards to be a great place to tie all of your planning together. I see you are in the Capitol Region! We just moved out of Saratoga Springs last November. I really loved it up there. I always smile when I see a post on this thread, because it makes me realize we are getting closer to being on the road. Thanks for making me smile and have a great day!

fbcover2.jpg

"Submarines Forever"

Thanks Jim! I know what you mean - it made it seem so much closer to find a thread with others who are on the same timetable as we are. :P I was thinking about it the other day - in education terms we are all entering our freshmen year! :)

Saratoga Springs is a beautiful area - we live about 20 minutes south of Albany. I have traveled through the Saratoga area often though - my mother lives up by Lake Placid.

Jessica and Harry

• 2 weeks later...

Just keeping this thread going. It's going to be a long one come 2014. Lisa and I are purfecting our RV skills. We learn new things with every trip. Going out on 3 and 4 day trips for the rest of this year and early next. Then two weeks in July 2011 to celebrate 25 blissful years together. Colorado Rockies in July for two weeks of Jeeping. WOO HOO> Can't wait. If anyone has a moderate rock crawler and wants to join us, it 's the middle two weeks of July, 2011. Until then, everybody keep those tires rolling. By the time 2014 gets here, we'll be one tough mother of a graduating class.

Lisa and Greg Kenley

Rock Crawling sounds like a blast. Boss says I don't need any more hobbies though. One of these days.........

fbcover2.jpg

"Submarines Forever"

• 3 weeks later...

Hey gang we need to keep this thread alive. I just recently joined Escapees getting ready to take the big plunge!!! I am starting to plan a garage sale for the spring of next year trying to downsize some of the stuff that I put up in the garage attic and have not touched since it was put up there in 1998 :) you know all of those things that you cannot get rid of. Still hoping for some kind of upward turn in the real estate market in the next two years. Nothing selling here in over 6 months :(

Let's keep this thread alive!!

Chris & Joni
The Beagles now 3 Daphne, Ace and Flash
looking
2016 Acura MDX

http://jnctravelogue.wordpress.com

We are also hoping for an improvement in the real estate market before we are ready to put the house on the market. When do you plan to sell your house?

We are hoping to put it on the market either in the spring of 2012 or 2013. I do not want it sitting on the market if nothing is moving as you know it is a pain to have people coming thru the house all the time or at least have to be ready for people with mnimal notice. We also have 2 dogs whose also live in the house and with doggie toys, chews etc the floor can become a real mess that we are used to walking around. I also want to have the inside and outside painted but don't want to do that until I see some positive movement in the local market. If things look good in 2012 and we can sell the house we will move into the rv a little early until DW can retire. I don't exxpect the house to go on the market until 2013 in reality.

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

My DH will be retiring in 2013, probably around August or September. We plan to put our house on the market in March 2014. We will hit the road as soon as the house sells - which we hope will be sooner rather than later!! :)

Jessica and Harry

DW retires 1-1-2013. House goes on the market then. DH retires 1-1-2014. If the house sells, we start the full time living early. Heading to Arizona soon as possible in 2014, get out of Missouri weather for the winter. Spend a couple months with friends in Kingman, then Missouri for March and April, then Alaska bound in May. Plan on setting up a representative for us so when the house sells, we won't have to be there. Planning yard sales summer of 2012. Started my bucket list of things to do. Already need a 55 galon drum, no one bucket can hold it all!!!!!!!!!! Keep the thread alive. :lol:

Lisa and Greg Kenley

Well we haven't got an exact date yet. I keep throwing money in a pillowcase one month at a time. The more I learn about what I want, the bigger I realize my pillowcase needs to be. My youngest graduates college in the Spring of 2012. (Hopefully). Once she graduates and becomes self-sufficient we will have tied up all of the loose ends. My Employer says I am not welcome at work after the Spring of 2014, and insists that I be put out to pasture. :) In the meantime, as soon as my youngest graduates we can pull the trigger, I just have to muster the courage.......and the pillowcase. We are excited.

fbcover2.jpg

"Submarines Forever"

We are hoping that the house will sell quickly, but at least by sometime in the summer. We are adding more and more places to our bucket list all the time - but the first will be Arizona for the winter of '14-'15. I have always wanted to see the southwest! We are getting closer to 2011 now - only 3 years left to go!

I also hope that we can keep this thread alive. I love being able to talk to others who are on the same timetable - getting ideas, hearing what everyone else is doing to make preparations, and just generally sharing the excitement with all of you!! :mellow:

Jessica and Harry

Last week I was doing some checking on the local real estate market here in So Cal. We live in the Santa Clarita Valley. Any one unfamiliar with the LA area we are about 30 miles north of LA and 15 north of the San Fernando Valley. We live at the bottom of the hill where I-5 starts the climb to go over the mountains towards Bakersfield etc. The real estate market in our valley is beyond dead. In our neighbor hood the last home sold in May of this year and that was a foreclosure. I was talking to a guy down the street that had his home listed for over a year and did not get one offer.

With all of the political stuff happening in this state and the unemployment over 12% things are not going to look better for some time.

So I guess all we can do is use the motorhome whenever we can and enjoy the time we use it. The last 3 weekends we have gone to the beach and talk about a difference. The first weekend it was in the high 80 closed to 90 (that was when Los Angeles Civic Center broke its all time record at 113) The next weekend it was raining and cold and the last weekend it was in the high 70's. Had a great time each weekend just did different things but enjoyed being in the RV with DW and dogs. We will take another summer trip this year.

Until you actually hit the road full timing us your rv as much as you can and get familiar with the systems and everything about it and above all enjoy the trips you can take.

Good luck and good health to all in the class of 2014!!!!!!!

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

Dosbeagles. DW and I, along with our two dogs, call it long term practicing. I figure if you go out every chance we get. Do all the dumb things now, that when the magic comes,(2014), we will all four of us, and yes all class members will be ready to hit the road. Keep up the faith man, it always works out.

Lisa and Greg Kenley

How are all the "14'ers" doing? We are supposed to have a high of 49 degrees today and snow in the higher elevations. :) I am dreaming of being able to head for warmer spots and avoid all this nice winter weather that seems to be coming way too fast.

Our house renovations are now mostly on hold for the winter months. We do have someone coming in a week and a half to give us an estimate for a kitchen makeover, which we may do next summer. We have already updated much of our home in preparation for selling - the kitchen will be the last big piece.

Jessica and Harry

How are all the "14'ers" doing? We are supposed to have a high of 49 degrees today and snow in the higher elevations. :unsure: I am dreaming of being able to head for warmer spots and avoid all this nice winter weather that seems to be coming way too fast.

Our house renovations are now mostly on hold for the winter months. We do have someone coming in a week and a half to give us an estimate for a kitchen makeover, which we may do next summer. We have already updated much of our home in preparation for selling - the kitchen will be the last big piece.

Sorry 'bout the snow. Here it is 63 and cloudy/sprinkling but it just turned 9:00AM so there is still hope for today, but 2 days ago it was 95.... go figure.

Stay warn and dry

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

Hi everyone, I'm glad to see the thread has been going since I last looked at it. In therory I'm a 14er also, later in the year but still in 14. DW is set to retire May of 11 after 35 yrs with local school district, then she wants to do nothin for awhile except travel. I however have to keep working for a while to get to 14 and take early SSA.

The Volvo HDT, 42' 5er, 06 smart car, 07 Harley ultra, 97 Jeep cherokee on 37's; 3 traveling dogs are ready to go. 3 kids are all out of the house and done with collage, but they still manage to find us now and again when we're on the road. I am ready to do some serious traveling, southwest FL has been great for the last 42 + years but its time to get out west and around the country.

We also enjoy going to Moab, Utah at Easter and Mile High Club Colorado for rock crawling, great fun, it is a long haul from down here about 4800 miles roaund trip but hope to get back out this next year.

Keep the trhread going I'm too am counting the days.

Happy Trails

Bruce

Bruce & Jean McGeoch

40' Fleetwood Revolution

350 hp cummins

2006 Smart Passion

2007 Harley Ultra Classic

Hi Bruce,

Sounds like you have everything in place for hitting the road (except being done with work!). That is mainly what is keeping us here as well. DH will be able to retire in 2013, but I need to work until Dec. of that year to become fully vested at my company, so we are waiting until 2014 to put the house on the market. After that, our timeline completely depends on how long it takes the house to sell - it could be early in the year or later - who knows?? Obviously we are hoping for sooner rather than later!! :D

Jessica and Harry

Jessica. Lisa and I are in the same predicament. She retires 1-1-13. I can't go till 1-1-14. Our plan is to put the house on the market 1-1-13 and if it sells, Ill live in the MH for however long it is from when the house sells untill 1-1-14. That way we get a jump start on the house selling. You might want to think about that.

Lisa and Greg Kenley

That would be great, except I don't think it would work up here. We live in upstate NY, and all of the parks in our area are closing by early October. We wouldn't have anywhere to park our house. :rolleyes:

Jessica and Harry

Archived