UPS Deliveries

gordonpc

I am wondering where other full-timers have packages delivered that are sent via UPS. We need to order some parts for our rig and can't use the campground address. We use General Delivery for mail sent via USPS but don't know if UPS has a similar service available. I'm wondering if I can have the package sent to a UPS service center or UPS Store. If so, how should it be addressed so that UPS knows it should be held for pickup?

Phil and Jan Gordon

2016 DRV Mobile Suites 38 RSB3

2015 RAM 3500 Long Horn DRW / Crew Cab / Long Bed / 6.7 Cummins Diesel / 4x4 / AISIN / 4.1

B&W 3600 Companion hitch

In the past when campgrounds wouldn't accept mail or packages I used FEDX as they would deliver directly to the site.

This Christmas I ordered a lot online and saw the feature to pick up at a FEDX location: http://www.fedex.com/us/service-guide/prepare-shipment/labels-documentation-locations/pickup-dropoff.html

I don't know if UPS will deliver to a site as I haven't use them for that but did find this website for UPS to find a pick up location: https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/sri/ss_csc3.html

Hope one of these will help.

We've been FTing for 11 years and always have had the couriers deliver direct to the site, even in parks that don't allow for USPS delivery (general delivery @ post office). Guess we've just been lucky. rockin'

'12 Excel Limitied 33ft GKE Full Timing '14 Chev 3500 CC DRW D/A named Bullet

Howdy,

We were in that same situation early this year, and investigated it throughly. As far as we determined, for no added cost you could only use "hold-for-pickup" if the destination was a UPS "distribution center", which seemed to be far and few between, mostly restricted to large cities.

We ended up renting a mailbox at a nearby UPS Store (it was the only way they would hold stuff for us), and albeit pretty expensive, at least it worked ok for us.

Cheers,

--

Vall.

Getting ready to join the RV full-time lifestyle in 2017!

I have had UPS deliver directly to my rig by listing my site number with the park's address. This was a park with a security guard, too, so obviously UPS made it past the gate--probably by using the bypass lane for registered campers. FedEx delivered to my site, too. But mail had to go to General Delivery in a nearby town.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

A timely topic.

In the last week we have had 3 deliveries, sort of. Using the address that the UPS driver said would work on all three deliveries. The first was re-routed to our C/O friends USPS Post Office Box in town. The second got right to our motorhome even though there are no address numbers in the private compound, but an open gate. The third is missing, but tracking says it got delivered to the Post Office for some unknown reason. The Post Office says they don't have it. So tomorrow we start the physical search for the box.

Dave and Dolly Cobb
Arlington TX

1998 Foretravel, U-295 36', rare mid-door
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, as a toad

Even though campground don't accept delivery, you can use the campground address but include your site number to that address. They will deliver directly to that site. At least they have done that in the past and in fact yesterday I had fed ex deliver to my site in Gulf State Park AL. Also UPS does the same!

Dave

Dave & Linda

2011 Bighorn 3670

2000 Ford 7.3 PS diesel white and tan in color Now Fulltiming since May15, 2010

Semper Fi Marines!!

Personally, we would never survive the winter if our RV park didn't accept UPS and FedEx packages. We are frequent Amazon Prime users along with being customers of several other online retailers. Packages are signed for at the front desk and held in the mail-room if we happen not to be around when they attempt to deliver them. I wouldn't want stuff left at my site if we weren't there and I would hate to have to run to UPS to pick up stuff that didn't get left because we weren't there to sign for it. If we ever change winter parks, delivery of packages would be a key concern.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Only a couple of times did we have a park that didn't want to take deliveries. An explanation of loosing a customer has been enough to get the park to see the error of its ways.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

With online tracking thru FEDX and UPS you can see exactly where your package is and the window in which it will be delivered. Also you can set up to receive text alerts on a package's progress so you will know as soon as it is delivered if you are not home.

Archived