Newer MH with Direct receivers alreay in it

Bought a newer MH, it came with two HD Direct Receivers and a MotoSat 5 LNB dish, wired with HDMI.

In the stick house we have standard definition and basic receivers and all coax.

With the old MH I simply took two receivers and remotes with us and hooked them to the co-ax in the rig. Can't do that in the new rig.

Direct says they have no record of the receivers and claims they were never activated but the cards in them are brown from the heat so they're wrong.

Don't want to change to SWM as the MH would require rewiring or a new dish and rewiring.

If I can add the MH receivers to the home account can a HD receiver be used on a non HD account?

I also ordered two converters to go from RCA to HDMI so will give that a try. Some people have good luck with the converters others don't. Hate to go moving the boxes around as they old HD ones are installed very well and hard to get out but that's a one time thing.

Deen

2009 45' Country Coach Magna 630 Cummins ISX 650/1950

Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA f47302s, SKP 118205
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life & Golden Eagle

Are you sure that is HDMI from the dish on the roof to the receiver? I would expect to see coax from the dish to the receiver and HDMI from the receiver to the TV. That is the way my Traveler & Dish network receiver is set up.

I'm not sure, even if you have coax from the MotoSat, that you would get the right satellite to your standard definition receiver.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Yes, coax from the sat to the existing receivers, sorry I wasn't clear on that.

If the dish can receive 110 (which it can) then the old receivers should work fine but it's the adapters that might be a problem. If they work I shold be alright with taking the old receivers from the stick house just like before.

Assuming the Direct TV receivers were working and you can get DTV to activate them, you could buy a DTV dish from Amazon for your house. Then take the receivers from the RV into the house. Of course then you would probably need new HD TV's for the house.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

deenad,

I am confused as to why you cannot just take your current S&B receivers out to your RV and hook them up. All you need to do is replace your HDMI line with a coax line from where you put your receiver to the back of your existing TV just like you had before. The HDMI connection is only between your receiver and your TV. It has nothing to do with the operation of your satellite dish or the signal that goes to your receiver.

All DirecTV's SD signals are carried on the 101 satellite which is the one your MotoSat will use for alignment. You will just miss the HD on birds 99 and 103, but you don't want that anyway.

I am making one assumption here, and that is that you have D12 receivers now. They should work just fine with your MotoSat setup.

Am I missing something?

Bob

Bob:

That would be true for the bedroom, just have to take the TV out of the cabinet and run them. On the front there are two TV's and it would be a BIG job to rewire the rig since one is over the front window and the second is midships on the opposite side than the AV setup. It would not be as simple as it sounds as in a CC everything is covered with panels.

deenad,

OK. I understand. The setup in our 2003 Beaver Patriot is a lot simpler. I have always had access to the back of the TV via the vent on the back and could snake cables from the back of the TV to the receiver area. I just envisioned a similar situation in your rig. Obviously not. It looks like you have the best answer for your situation.

Bob

Archived